• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Q1 Results: $312 Million Loss

Yeah i added Arc ;)

But Experia S is somewhere beetween Galaxy II and Galaxy III easily. And cheaper models like U are comparable to Galaxy Advance

Pranay

I feel like the names of their phones are lacking and cost them sales. Xperia S and Arc S sound confusing and lame. Compare it to names like Droid, all the HTC names, iPhone.

Nah Not really

One is a sony erecsion phone and the other is a sony phone.

All Sony phones till now have been good.

Their latest series is Xperia S, P and U

Also have the same design just different costs and specs

sony-xperia-u-275x275-imad9msmhgd2qxt6.jpeg
sony-xperia-u-275x275-imad9az38psz2bgz.jpeg

Pranay

I heard Xperia S is not as good as GS2 in benchmarks. :( Need a successor already! I wanna replace my GS2. :p

Xperia S was a bit disappointing for me. I love Xperia U since its the perfect phone in the price range and no others phone comes close. Sadly it has memory card storage limitation :|

Sid

I feel like the names of their phones are lacking and cost them sales. Xperia S and Arc S sound confusing and lame. Compare it to names like Droid, all the HTC names, iPhone.

I don't think it's about the name,more about sony's brand value in such markets compared to samsung and apple though the names of quite a few phones are lame

Averon

The only big weakness in Sony's phone is that they are slow to update their software. They just launched the Xperia Ion in NA with Gingerbread.

Grim1ock

Banned
One of the best things about the xperia s is the illumination bar at the bottom. When i get phone calls and messages i always gets a comment from friends and family because of it. The phone looks sexy as well

GT6 releasing (a year) after PS4 launch will suffer from a limited userbase, and if it takes longer it'll be criticized for taking another 5 years. :/

They would be better off releasing GT6 on the PS3 and PS4.

GT3 released a year after the PS2 launched and did just fine in sales.

It may not be as popular in Japan and US anymore, but in EU it actually outsold GT2, in Asia its the most popular GT game. Since GT5P and GT5 sold almost 13 million copies it definetly is not a declining franchise, it already outsold GT4+P in total numbers. We'll see if base game won't ship another 2 million in the coming years.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

This glosses over the fact that GT5 Prolouge is the first and only GT demo to ever be sold worldwide. And adding the sales of the demo version is just fluffing the numbers.

It still sells well in every region. 640k in Japan is above average and 2 million in NA is nothing to sneeze at.

Again, sales are down 50% compared to previous entries, and the demo version outsold the main version. I'm not sure that would be considered well for the series when you look at past sales of the main titles.

Zen

Banned
Again, sales are down 50% compared to previous entries, and the demo version outsold the main version. I'm not sure that would be considered well for the series when you look at past sales of the main titles.

Blane yourself for shifting the goal posts. It still sells well in every region.

noobie

Banned
Does Sony's all game studios expenses n profits are also counted in game division? i wander if we can get Sony Game Studios performances...

Busty

Banned
And it even went up in the first quarter, It's down 48% since Kaz officially took over April 1.

Sony's share price just keeps on getting worse. When Sony announced their first quarter results last week the share price dipped below $11.

Sony's current market cap is $11.5 billion. Just think, you could probably buy up the whole of Sony for less than $15 billion. THE WHOLE THING!

That's nuts.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Sony's share price just keeps on getting worse. When Sony announced their first quarter results last week the share price dipped below $11.

Sony's current market cap is $11.5 billion. Just think, you could probably buy up the whole of Sony for less than $15 billion. THE WHOLE THING!

That's nuts.

Not a chance. The minute any serious take over rumours started the price would sky rocket.

Busty

Banned
Not a chance. The minute any serious take over rumours started the price would sky rocket.

While I don't see a takeover happening (especially a foreign one the Japanese government would never allow it) I'm not sure that the stock would 'sky rocket'.

While of course there is always a premium associated with a takeover the market cap/stock price wouldn't suddenly increase dramatically by an order of magnitude.

Even if $15 billion is a little low in your eyes it still wouldn't go any higher than $20 billion even though Sony's break up price is much higher than it's current 'on paper' worth.

I'm sure that their film/TV operation would be worth at least $2/3 billion alone.

AniHawk

microsoft could buy them. then they could have naughty dog do their own thing for a year, carefully look over their projects for a while, and then cancel everything and make them work on killer instinct for kinect 2.0 for some reason.

b3b0p

They are available for $99 still. You can easily get one from Sony Style. I'm picking one up soon since I don't trust my PS3 60GB.

They would announce such, wouldn't they? I mean, if they are making money off these, why would they stop?

I bought one from Sony Style and received it today. Brand spanking new, $99.99.

It says out of stock, but it still shipped.

onQ123

I bought one from Sony Style and received it today. Brand spanking new, $99.99.

It says out of stock, but it still shipped.

You bumped this thread to talk to yourself about something that's OT? why didn't you just send yourself a PM? lol

b3b0p

You bumped this thread to talk to yourself about something that's OT? why didn't you just send yourself a PM? lol

Guys were saying it was out of stock. Sorry I guess the context is a bit of lost. But back many pages lost in the commotion people were saying it was gone.

Top Bottom