• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony X800D well - reviewed, 4k+HDR TV with low input lag

http://community.sony.com/t5/4K-Ultra-HD-TV/PKG3-915-0139NAB-System-Update/td-p/649124

pretty sure this update cover a range of Sets including my 850D and the 800D. they all received the update around the same day.

Reduces input lag for 4K HDR gaming

This is a bit odd. Rtings has the input lag on the x800d pretty universally around 33ms in game mode across various settings (high res, low res, hdr, non-hdr etc.)

Any improvement to input lag for 4k HDR would be an improvement across the board then no?

The youtube app still hasn't updated to include the new logo. smh

And I've been troubling getting a 4k res on it even though I have the bandwidth for it.

misterska

Neo Member
Unfortunately I don't think the DV update comes to the X800D as well as it's chip isn't strong enough for it. But I hope to be proven wrong here haha

Hey guys. I've been playing Yooka Laylee lately and have noticed some sections are WAY too dark. I've jacked up the brightness, messed with the contrast, and there are still sections of Hivory Towers and the swamp level that I can't see. I didn't notice this in any other game, but I've watched videos of the game and the footage appears as it should.

Does anyone have any advice?

SnakeLeon

Neo Member
Hi everyone, I noticed something strange in my 43X800D.

I have the lastest firmware PKG6.2858.0082NAA.
In External Entries I have Enhanced Format
I am using HDMI 2 or 3 inputs
In Painting mode I have the Graphics or Game mode, with Rtings Settings (calibrated)
Auto Picture is OFF
The HDMI cables are of high quality and I have tested with 5 cables of different brands.
I have the TV in HDMI video range to Auto. But I have also tried to change it to limited when the PC / PS4 has it in limited, or in full when the PC / PS4 is in FULL.
I have done factory reset to see if that is fixed but it has not helped.

The problem I have is that when doing the black test, with some patterns like for example the one of http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/black.php, I can not see the first box (No.1) of the pattern when I set my video output setting to 3840x2160p with RGB and Full Range with TV in Full.

I get the same result trying from my PS4 Pro, when I try to see the same pattern by setting it to 3840x2160p RGB Full 60Hz and TV Full in Game / Graphics mode. It does not matter if I raise the level of black, the first box of the pattern disappears and it looks the same color as the background.

When you set the PS4 / PC to 3840x2160p RGB Full 60Hz and TV Full in Custom Mode, the first box of the black test pattern appears. But in Custom Mode I can not pass the 4:4:4 test, so Custom Mode does not work for me.

When you set the PS4 / PC to 3840x2160p RGB Limited 60Hz and TV Limited, the first box of the black test pattern appears.

When configuring the PS4 / PC to 1920x1080p RGB Full 60Hz and TV Full, the first box of the black test pattern also appears.

When setting the PS4 / PC to 3840x2160p RGB Full but 30Hz and TV Full, the first box of the black test pattern also appears.

I do not know if my TV is broken but I do not understand why when I set up the PC / PS4 3840x2160p RGB Full 60Hz and TV Full in Game / Graphics mode does not pass the black test, I have tried with different patterns besides Lagom, and the results they are the same.

1) Your 43X800D are like this too? or just mine.
2) Why is this happening?

I hope someone can do the test to see their results.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I noticed something strange in my 43X800D.

I have the lastest firmware PKG6.2858.0082NAA.
<snip>.

After spending countless hours on a myriad of methods, I found it easiest to apply for TED's free disc, and used that to check levels. Do not use web patterns. Do not worry that using Limited is "limiting" your games. Once you've gone TED, you'll never go back (and he's actually pretty helpful if you contact him directly).

https://www.displaycalibrations.com/

SnakeLeon

Neo Member
I tested with another disc like AVSHD 709, and i still cant see RGB 1-1-1 values at 4K 60Hz RGB Full.
Also I made myself gray patterns with photoshop with

Black = RGB 0-0-0
gray = RGB 1-1-1 Dissapear at 4k @ 60Hz Full RGB - Game/Graphics. I see the same thing that RGB 0-0-0
gray = RGB 25-25-25
gray = RGB 76-76-76
gray = RGB 102-102-102
gray = RGB 127-127-127
gray = RGB 204-204-204
gray = RGB 229-229-229
White = RGB 255-255-255

Is my TV defective?

xion4360

Is there any way to clear the USB video-app cache? It still shows every file I've ever had on the stick and it's annoying.

I dont think ive had that problem, but try going to storage and reset - internal shared storage - clear cached data...also take out the usb stick wait a few and put it back in so it sort of reloads everything.

xion4360

UGGHHH why did they remove the voice search button from the youtube app! I hate when they take away features instead of adding them (like HDR wtf where is it!)

xion4360

I got the latest update on my x800d and so far its done nothing good. Supposedly it improves video performance in VUDU but I dont use that.

I have gotten a couple bugs like subtitles turning on when they are off and the display bar on HDMI inputs getting stuck. I contacted support about it but they dont respond like I reported a bug, they just give you the same canned "solution".

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you haven't looked or kept up, Sony has Android O for this tv. It's a "roll out", but its up on Sony's site. I haven't used this tv since going to the Hisense Android TV, but I updated over the weekend. The new layout is just like the Hisense. Less cluttered and HDR fixes!

Top Bottom