• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's E3 Site up: "more than 20 new gaming experiences" being demoed

Bollocks

So, here's what we know about that will probably form a part of that 20 game line-up.

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

I make that 14 games. What do you think the final six will be?

PS3:
Metal Gear Solid 5 PS3 Exclusive
GTA V PS3 Exclusive
Half Life 3 PS3 Exclusive
Syphon Filter

PS Vita:
GTA V(ita) with Transfaring
Demon's Souls Vita

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have an odd feeling that any new game announcements coming at e3 from SE's Japanese studio will be done at the Nintendo conference.

Just feels like one of those years.

I'd hazard a guess that we might see patapon 4 as one of suprisses (Patapons are part of Battle Royale and they had a lot of time since they finished 3rd one)

I don't believe they have made, 'any' handheld title to make such a statement

But Cage has made it clear that the games that they're making are the only types of games that they're interested in. They want to make very cinematic and story driven games. That's really the exact opposite of the most popular handheld games.

Mario007

But Cage has made it clear that the games that they're making are the only types of games that they're interested in. They want to make very cinematic and story driven games. That's really the exact opposite of the most popular handheld games.

He was actually asked about Vita and said that Vita's input methods appeal to him for the games that he likes to make.

Having said that, I doubt QD would be doing a Vita game after just debuting their PS3 engine.

I am expecting a GTA game to be announced for Vita. The PSP games did really well and it would be a clear differentiator to the competitive devices to have a full on new GTA game for the system. They might hold off until Gamescom though for the announcement.

SquareEnix need to show something from the Japan side. They have done sweet FA in recent years.

I am expecting a GTA game to be announced for Vita. The PSP games did really well and it would be a clear differentiator to the competitive devices to have a full on new GTA game for the system. They might hold off until Gamescom though for the announcement.

SquareEnix need to show something from the Japan side. They have done sweet FA in recent years.

I don't think there will be a GTA game announced for Vita. Perhaps next year, not this one.

A slim chance maybe. I still think even though Inafune says what he does about Japan though that his games will still focus on the Japanese audience (I mean, the dude was promoting Neptunia after all...) I could see a TGS announcement depending on how far along it is. To me it would make more sense anyway.

Something like using Inafune as an important name in the industry might be lost on a lot of the American audience, however, which is what E3 is largely targeted toward these days.

I really, really hope we get to see that game Inafune was touting, a hero from Japan and all that; even if it's not till TGS. It sounds like something that could be pretty awesome considering how basic the premise/presentation was but it could also not translate well into foreign sales. I'm super excited for it, I just wonder what it will be and just exactly how Japanese this hero is.

tusken77

So, here's what we know about that will probably form a part of that 20 game line-up.

PlayStation 3:
God of War Ascension
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
LittleBigPlanet Karting
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
The Unfinished Swan
Papo & Yo

PlayStation Vita:
Call of Duty Vita
Assassin's Creed Vita
LittleBigPlanet Vita
Killzone Vita
Soul Sacrifice
Gravity Rush

I make that 14 games. What do you think the final six will be?

I think we'll see some more Dust 514.

Fabrik

Banned
Yeah but this is the kind of game that needs 2/3 years of development time so I don't think we'll see it anytime soon.

klee123

Like the usual E3s, I don't think we should be expecting many new game announcements from Japan.

Guess I'll patiently wait for TGS.

Like the usual E3s, I don't think we should be expecting many new game announcements from Japan.

Guess I'll patiently wait for TGS.

I've always been saying that about Sony Japan the last three or four years, "I'll wait until TGS". Honestly, what's going with SCEJ? They hardly put out anything or reveal much at these conferences.

klee123

I've always been saying that about Sony Japan the last three or four years, "I'll wait until TGS". Honestly, what's going with SCEJ? They hardly put out anything or reveal much at these conferences.

Well, with the Vita released, we should be seeing a much more productive SCEJ. They did support the PSP quite a bit.

Well, with the Vita released, we should be seeing a much more productive SCEJ, they did support the PSP quite a bit.

They have a few good things on the go at present. Gravity Rush, they nabbed Inafune to work on a game with them, Soul Sacrifice has potential etc. Its just a case of getting stuff out regularly.

Averon

E3 is SCEA centric; SCEE focuses on GamesCom; TGS is for SCEJ

It has been this way for a while for obvious reasons.

I'm not getting excited because I fear many of these 20 "experiences" will be on PS Move...
But I really hope they show The Last Guardian and lots of great stuff for the Vita, so I can finally buy that thing.

Pranay

I'm not getting excited because I fear many of these 20 "experiences" will be on PS Move...
But I really hope they show The Last Guardian and lots of great stuff for the Vita, so I can finally buy that thing.

Why ? Their will be 2 or 3 Move but not more. Mostly will be Vita and then PS3

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Microsoft is in West Hall this year? Well... that's new. They've never been there as far as I can recall. Why the change?

Wonder if South Hall will feel empty without MS or THQ over there.

I'm expecting that Move torch/flashlight game to be announced. Yoshida practically confirmed it was still in development and with Sorcery out there door, they need another big Move game.

Why ? Their will be 2 or 3 Move but not more. Mostly will be Vita and then PS3

Well, if Sony's smart, they'd want some of the Kinect/Wii pie.

And 20 is a very big number, Sony's first party studios can't handle that many games at the same time, especially with big titles like The Last of Us, GOW Ascension, Little Big Karting, Battle Opera, Gravity Rush, Last Guardian (?) and presumably Gran Turismo 6 (this just has to be in the works, it's their best selling franchise) in development.

Exclusives are also a rarity these days and I don't think Sony would makes a big fuss about multiplat titles unless it's something very big like FF, but who knows.

kassatsu

Banned
There was a rather sizable section of the sony booth last year dedicated to Home and Video/Music Unlimited so that might take some slots away from games

My prediction for E3 this year:

Start
→ Video montage that shows only old/already announced games, Sackboy will do something funny, there will be one new game/character in this montage.

→ 'Momentum... PlayStation Family... PS Vita launch great, best software lineup of any launch ever'. Sony is also proud to have Netflix and Skype on their system. They're proud to have the Vita features, they're proud to be able to offer everything for free. They'll also mention that PS+ is a great success. Now they'll quickly mention that indie developers can now develop for a variety of PS branded systems. They'll also not forget to mention all the additional apps they've released on PSN (the photo app, music unlimited) and that one will also be shown in their video presentation.

It will be pointed out that Vita is the only gaming system where retail games get released day-in-date on the PSN. Customers are satisfied with that.

→ Another video montage. Sackboy will make funny faces.

→ Now it's about the games. Sony will announce spin-offs of their major franchises for PS Vita. There'll be a God of War, there will definitely be an EyePet game, and one game that no one expected. I could imagine something like the next David Cage project coming to Vita. They'll show Vita ports of console games and talk about the exclusive characters/DLC or something like that. They'll talk about many games currently in development.

They'll now show gameplay on stage (new, unannounced games).

→ Video Montage. Not 100% sure but Sackboy might appear to do something incredibly funny.

→ Let's shift to PS3. PlayStation 3 has, thanks to the amazing software lineup and free online, been doing great. No other platform offers the same experiences, no other platform offers that much variety.

→ Announcement of PS3 games. There will be a few Move enabled games but they'll all be from Sony – third parties dropped the ball and will not make a single game exclusive to move (aside from PSN stuff). Sony will talk about Move numbers and how much inferior Move is to everything else.

→ Video Montage.

→ Someone will step on stage with a Vita in their hand. Now the release of the PSOne Emulator will be announced. It'll be either available right after the show or very soon after. Not all games will work right from the start. The person on stage will wait for applause – nothing will happen.

Somewhere in between Sony will show games like The Last of Us, God of War, a new inFamous game, the Soul thing for Vita, The Last Guardian. TLG will come out this holiday season. FF versus XIII will not be shown or mentioned. Music wise, Sony will go the dubstep route this time around. Music will be way too loud, of course. The conference will start 15 minutes later than planned.

you nailed it dude!!

Top Bottom