• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony's Fate/Grand Order #1 grossing mobile game worldwide in Aug, dethrones MS in JP

A.J.

Banned
Soon the Fate franchise will ahve enough money to official change history books to match their lore.

Reckheim

Downloading it, been looking for a mobile game to play. The icon for it on the android store looks horrid tho.

Its more like ff brave exvious or more like Fire emblem mobile game ( boring and no fun)

It's functionally a single player RPG with gacha attached. And grinding. So much grinding.

The gacha rates are complete and utter ass, but the flipside is that the game is perfectly winnable purely with F2P stuff. Primary draw is probably the story (and waifus/husbandos of course).

Sciel

Its more like ff brave exvious or more like Fire emblem mobile game ( boring and no fun)

what? lol

Soon the Fate franchise will ahve enough money to official change history books to match their lore.
If you google/google images certain historical figures (i.e: Nero Claudius), you'll actually find the top hits are the Fate servants. Its already slowly happening!

Today I found a Gilgamesh with a NP at lvl 5.

Whales are dangerous stuff.

I also plan to give it 80$ by the end of the year because of much I play it everyday.

The FATE GO GAF discord is something else :p

fek

Guess that's why MS is now doing stuff like the Monpass and resetting the beginner pack this month.

sandpiper

82eAflJ.jpg

I'm so glad this game is SP only and has no PvP. I'd drop it if this Riyo comic became reality.

Fate/Grand Order has not that much to do with Sony.

Aniplex appears to be the distributor or publisher outside JP region. Which means the NA region. Also Aniplex's A-1 Pictures provided the short animated intro, and they currently are animating Fate/Apocrypha.That's just about it really.

Grazzt

Fate/Grand Order has not that much to do with Sony.

Aniplex appears to be the distributor or publisher outside JP region. Which means the NA region. Also Aniplex's A-1 Pictures provided the short animated intro, and they currently are animating Fate/Apocrypha.That's just about it really.

Aniplex is owned by Sony

dracula_x

Aniplex is owned by Sony

yes

Originally known as Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) Visual Works Inc., it was established on September 1995 as a joint-venture between Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment Japan, and changed its name in January, 2001 to Sony Music Entertainment (SME) Visual Works Inc. after becoming a subsidiary completely owned by Sony Music Entertainment Japan. In April 2003, it changed its name to Aniplex Inc

Aniplex is owned by Sony

I know that lol

My point was that Sony is not the developer nor is it their property. Delight Works is the developer and obviously the property is licensed from Type-Moon. It's not "Sony's" game though they get a nice chunk of change from being the publisher and distributor.

I wonder where FEH is. IS gives a lot of free orbs so even whales don't spend much.

It was #10 in Japan back in May, but we don't get anything past the top 10 for monthly, so we haven't seen it since.

There is a good chance FEH will show up on the September rankings - the Choose Your Legends heroes and their related events (including the "pick one free" event) were so popular it pushed the game into the #4-5 spots for a good two weeks in America alone. It's fallen a bit since then, though now they're doing a banner with some fan-favorite Tellius units (including some really comically powerful versions of Elincia and Nephenee) and in a week or so, an event with the Tellius Black Knight as an F2P reward will drop, which should help drive engagement significantly.

In short, September should be a good month for FEH, although I can't help but feel that they need to step up their narrative engagement and whatnot if they want to begin seriously challenging the thrones of games like Granblue or F/GO. The more recent story chapters have been more interesting but are still pretty simple, and the events tend to be very narrative-light as well.

Anyway, I'm not surprised at the F/GO stuff - it just dominated the charts in Japan all month. That's the power of Umu In Swimsuit for you, I guess.
I may have an Umu In Swimsuit myself

I do still wonder just what the deal with Type-Moon looks like and how much of this money they and the guest artists for the Servants and Craft Essences (equipment) truly see - TM still owns the actual Fate intellectual property, so I would imagine they get some royalties, but I wonder how much.

Itsuki

I've contributed to that trying to get Sherlock (no luck). It's funny how I got Swimsuit Nero and Swimsuit Saber Alter using just one gacha ticket and free quartz when people spent a lot of money trying to get them.

I've contributed to that trying to get Sherlock (no luck). It's funny how I got Swimsuit Nero and Swimsuit Saber Alter using just one gacha ticket and free quartz when people spent a lot of money trying to get them.

I may possibly have spent Real Dollars trying to get Nero.
And then got her with a final free yolo ticket.

Sony de-throning MS? What is this 2012?

Totally different markets, my man.

Though on that note, it is a little amazing how Microsoft has, like, zero meaningful presence in the mobile market right now.

Top Bottom