• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

South park's episode tonight was about the upcoming console war [Part 3 = Tonight]

Well, part 2 was awful, but part 3 redeemed it. Ending was perfect. Also loved the Charlie Brown Christmas music as they strolled through the corpses.

The message is play with sticks instead?

You have understood the authors' intention and I'm proud of you

oh my.

wiener, wiener wiener, wiener wiener... etc

After the last scene I honestly thought the whole
Stick of Truth stuff was a big giant joke to show how gullable and idiotic videogames are, and it doesn't exist in the first place. "And if you believe that I got a big floppy wiener to dingle in your face".

That would have been freaking fantastic.

The point is rather simple, because Stan / Kyle explains it literally two minutes earlier:
the whole spectacle within the trilogy is nothing more than marketing: for these two consoles, for the news channel reporting it, and for South Park as a brand. Any fight or 'war' is without any value, it's only there to create a (false) sense of desire for something that has no value of its own.

it is really straightforward. Also: Randy is such a dick. :p

Just watched it!

Did they seriously think that XBone won because of Black Friday? When the PS4 had double it's sales?
Whatever... They are just being southpark...
Episode was funny...

I think you missed the entire point of the episode trilogy...

It's SP, they take any chance to have a Jew doing the betraying. Like many other episodes. And always put the emphasize on the Jews (gross over simplification) supposedly betraying Jesus (even when it's a joke or parody on US society). I'm not saying it's in mean spirit but it's definitely a SP thing and it comes back over and over again.

but Cartman never said Jews (if I recall correctly)

Any acts of betrayal in this last episode were in reference to Game of Thrones.
Especially with the more than obvious Red Robin Wedding.

It's SP, they take any chance to have a Jew doing the betraying. Like many other episodes. And always put the emphasize on the Jews (gross over simplification) supposedly betraying Jesus (even when it's a joke or parody on US society). I'm not saying it's in mean spirit but it's definitely a SP thing and it comes back over and over again.

Are you kidding me? You realize Matt Stone was Jewish (Kyle is based loosely on him) and both Matt and Trey are atheist, right?

They don't always "have a Jew doing the betraying." I can't think of anytime they have Jewish characters "betraying" outside of Cartman's fantasies and nightmares. Because he's Cartman. He's an anti-Semite. That's his character.

zma1013

Ending wasn't as clever as I thought it would be. I wholly expected Cartman was giving the grand speech at the end just so everyone else would go outside and he could play the Xbone all by himself, which is how his character actually enjoys things. Cut to only him playing saying, "Ahhh, yeah, weee, this is so cooo, ahhhh."

Top Bottom