• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spanish media claims Switch's joycons can charge the battery

notaskwid

You don't read threads neither.

Maybe you should read.

As a Spaniard, my opinion is that you should always take anything our press says with a truckload of salt, and in the case of the "gaming" section of a general publication, you might want to buy a salt quarry.

Not that this can't be true per se, you know about stopped clocks and all that, but...

Edit: Hahahahahah:

Translation:

So utterly, utterly unexpected. :D Gotta love the "mistakes were made" political speech too.

Rafus

As a Spaniard, my opinion is that you should always take anything our press says with a truckload of salt, and in the case of the "gaming" section of a general publication, you might want to buy a salt quarry.

Not that this can't be true per se, you know about stopped clocks and all that, but...

Translation:

So utterly, utterly unexpected. :D Gotta love the "mistakes were made" political speech too.

PRENSA ESPECIALIZADA lol

Well that ended the discussion xD

notaskwid

He/she was commenting on the OP clearly. If they had read the thread, their comment would be unnecessary.

And I've read the entire thread, thank you.
So what if he did, it's still fake. You had just posted discrediting the people who either didn't believe or thought it was a dumb idea. Guess what, it's both.

So what if he did, it's still fake. You had just posted discrediting the people who either didn't believe or thought it was a dumb idea. Guess what, it's both.
What are you on about? Serious question.

Did my little comment about professional Nintendo haters hit a nerve? That's my only theory so far.

Do tell.

Did my little comment about professional Nintendo haters hit a nerve? That's my only theory so far.

Do tell.

My theory is that your attack on someone for not reading the whole thread is somewhat uncalled for, his comment about you not having read the thread was uncalled for, and this whole exercise is pointless. Hopefully the mods can lock this thread before it turns into yet another console war. :p

notaskwid

Do tell.

It just made it seem like you weren't reading the thread and just lashing out at those 'haters'. That's all.

Keasar

Aw, I was hoping it would be something hilarious like you took one of the controllers sticks on the joycon, put your palm on it and started to crank it like one of those hand crank batteries.

CrankCase.gif

Wasn't this in the patents?

I think there was something about using the Joycon batteries to charge the tablet to a certain extent in one embodiment, but that doesn't mean this is used in the final product...

Translation:

So only 1.5 pages of outrage based on misinformation. That's improvement GAF!

My theory is that your attack on someone for not reading the whole thread is somewhat uncalled for, his comment about you not having read the thread was uncalled for, and this whole exercise is pointless. Hopefully the mods can lock this thread before it turns into yet another console war. :p
Alright, I admit it was a bit harsh, but is that the first time you have read a comment on NeoGAF that lambasts the fact that people read solely titles/OPs and post?

It just made it seem like you weren't reading the thread and just lashing out at those 'haters'. That's all.
I assure you, I read every single word. I was "lashing out" because every Switch thread is bombarded with the same type of drive by shitposting. It's boring.

I won't continue it though.

bomblord1

Banned
Switch is 4310 for 3 hours of gameplay
Joycons combined have 1050mAh

Let's assume a perfect world and the joycons are 100% charged and can somehow give 100% of their total charge to the Switch. That should net you another 43 minutes of playtime.

TAS

That's a very clever design feature if true. It would be even better if a warning screen pops up giving you the option to charge from the JoyCon.

Gestault

This seems like it would cause a use-case issue from being able to remove the controllers at will. In the sense of a situation where something normal like removing the controllers just makes the whole unit lose power.

Edit: Aaand fake.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Switch is 4310 for 3 hours of gameplay
Joycons combined have 1050mAh

Let's assume a perfect world and the joycons are 100% charged and can somehow give 100% of their total charge to the Switch. That should net you another 43 minutes of playtime.

runnin_blue would have a word with you if (s)he would be as well intended as (s)he states.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Keep on reading the thread.
indeed. well at least the devoce craps it before 1 controller i guess, although thinking about it i dont know how that would work in practice. if i play 2 player with the joycons not attached, would it actually calculate power drain to ensure the unit craps it before say... controller 1 only? thats quite a good little attention to detail that will allow a few less thrown controllers if they could really sort that out

Translation:

YUP. I still remember Hobby Consolas saying Diddy Kong was playable in their review of smash Bros melee because they played some special stage in adventurr mode against some mini donkey kongs lol

CaVaYeRo

That is plain wrong. Attended to the same presentation myself just yesterday. Nothing to see here, move along, etc.

What we were told is that you won't ever run out of battery for the Joy-Cons when they're attached in handheld mode, and thus they'll take it from the Switch if necessary, for it'd be stupid for you to run out of controller battery when the system is 3-6 hours and the little things are 20+.

You could run out of Joy-Con battery of course if you play with them detached all the time, but even that is pretty difficult.

Top Bottom