• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special News Division (ADV, Vita) - Nippon Ichi 20th Anniversary Project II

duckroll

Special News Division

PS Vita
Adventure
8/23
6090yen retail, 5000yen PSN

Producer: Ryoji Yanase (Infinite Loop)
Collaboration: Nagoya TV
Character Design: Kiyohara Hiro
Scenario: Chika Nagai
Music: Elements Garden

- The game revolves around a special television department which goes around investigating and reporting on unusual and mysterious news events for the station's irregular program covering supernatural incidents.

- This isn't a typical choice-driven adventure game, but involves more of solving puzzles or mysteries using visuals.

- The game uses animation, 2D characters, and event scene illustrations, but presented from the perspective of a camera viewfinder.

- It seems you'll be able to select from available locations to visit at a given time.

- The game will be episodic in nature, but eventually lead up to a climax.

- There won't be a lot of frequent obvious choices to be made in the game, but there will be some sort of branching path. The producer is cagey on specific details so far.

- They collaborated with an actual TV station to bring realistic to the overall presentation of the game in terms of depicting the staff working on a TV program.

- They are not planning any DLC for the game at the moment.

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/490/490852/img.html

dOmeE.jpg

-----

This week's Dengeki Magazine reveals that Nippon Ichi Software's second 20th Anniversary game is for the PS Vita. The first game revealed last month was a RPG by the Disgaea team, but no hardware was mentioned. This is a different game and there are no genre attached yet. The illustration shows a girl dressed in modern clothing.

More details for both games might not be revealed until an event Nippon Ichi is planning probably for July, since that's when their anniversary will be. Nippon Ichi Software was founded on July 12.

Lain

Hope it's something good.
In a way, N1 games are one of the reason I bought both PSP and, to an extent, Vita (Gravity Rush was another good reason for it) so them developing more games for Vita can only make me happy.

Luigi87

[Insert Coin]

Anywho, I'm interested, mainly since pretty much guaranteed to get whatever it is in English.

Curious as to what it will be, if the illustration shows modern clothing.

Ponn

Banned
Corporate Office simulator. You start in the mail room, work your way telemarketing, then your own cubicle and work up the corporate ladder to CEO.

You use the mic and Skype to make and receive actual telemarketing calls.

duckroll

Yep the image for the vita title hasn't leaked yet. But it should, soon.

It's out now. The artwork looks to be by the artist for Another, and the sort of art pose suggests that it could be more like an ADV sort of game than a RPG/SRPG/wackyNIS sort of game. Remember, ADVs form as much of a pillar in NIS's history as their Disgaea games, it's just that most of them don't get released in the US, so it does make sense for a 20th Anniversary title.

Eusis

It's out now. The artwork looks to be by the artist for Another, and the sort of art pose suggests that it could be more like an ADV sort of game than a RPG/SRPG/wackyNIS sort of game. Remember, ADVs form as much of a pillar in NIS's history as their Disgaea games, it's just that most of them don't get released in the US, so it does make sense for a 20th Anniversary title.
Wonder if they could change here? Probably depends on Virtue's Last Reward if there's a chance at all.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!

duckroll

Special News Division

PS Vita
Adventure
8/23
6090yen retail, 5000yen PSN

Producer: Ryoji Yanase (Infinite Loop)
Collaboration: Nagoya TV
Character Design: Kiyohara Hiro
Scenario: Chika Nagai
Music: Elements Garden

- The game revolves around a special television department which goes around investigating and reporting on unusual and mysterious news events for the station's irregular program covering supernatural incidents.

- This isn't a typical choice-driven adventure game, but involves more of solving puzzles or mysteries using visuals.

- The game uses animation, 2D characters, and event scene illustrations, but presented from the perspective of a camera viewfinder.

- It seems you'll be able to select from available locations to visit at a given time.

- The game will be episodic in nature, but eventually lead up to a climax.

- There won't be a lot of frequent obvious choices to be made in the game, but there will be some sort of branching path. The producer is cagey on specific details so far.

- They collaborated with an actual TV station to bring realistic to the overall presentation of the game in terms of depicting the staff working on a TV program.

- They are not planning any DLC for the game at the moment.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Hope this gets localized. I definitely want to play more ADV games on my Vita.

duckroll

What's really interesting about this ADV is that it's not a typical romance or mystery scenario with high school students. The characters are all in their 20s, and working professionals at the TV station. There is one 16 year old high school girl character, but she's not the lead and she's just a part-time assistant who joins the team after getting to know them while they were covering a certain story.

Would love to see this localized. Nippon ichi seems really good about that, no? Plus with it being a somewhat high profile release for them (20th anniversary game) that has to bode well for release in the west.

BadWolf

What's really interesting about this ADV is that it's not a typical romance or mystery scenario with high school students. The characters are all in their 20s, and working professionals at the TV station. There is one 16 year old high school girl character, but she's not the lead and she's just a part-time assistant who joins the team after getting to know them while they were covering a certain story.

This is why I'm really interested in this one, hope it gets localized.

duckroll

Would love to see this localized. Nippon ichi seems really good about that, no? Plus with it being a somewhat high profile release for them (20th anniversary game) that has to bode well for release in the west.

It wouldn't really count on it. These are the last two games the producer worked on:
http://hayarigami.com/2/index.html
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/infiniteloop/

Both are unique adventure games with very interesting themes and gameplay. Neither were ever remotely considered for localization. The main reason is probably that there is a lot of text and voice to work on, and considering the genre, NISA probably feels it would not be worthwhile to put so much effort into stuff which have no audience in the US.

Lain

It wouldn't really count on it. These are the last two games the producer worked on:
http://hayarigami.com/2/index.html
http://nippon1.jp/consumer/infiniteloop/

Both are unique adventure games with very interesting themes and gameplay. Neither were ever remotely considered for localization. The main reason is probably that there is a lot of text and voice to work on, and considering the genre, NISA probably feels it would not be worthwhile to put so much effort into stuff which have no audience in the US.

You make me sad, doubly so this time because you crush any hope and remind me that I really wanted to play Infiniteloop.

Interesting scenario. And then they advertise the game just with the high school student, lol

Top Bottom