• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Special Titanfall announcement tomorrow: "Be the First to Fall into TitanFall"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenyal

I think beta is too optimistic, probably a playable demo at a MS pickup truck road trip sponsored by mountain doritos.

Nibel

If the beta is platform exclusive, then it probably will be XB1 :/

If it's not, then I'll be enjoying it on my PC

But another possibility would be a Microsoft-exclusive beta for both 360 and XB1 - and I'm not sure if I want to dust off my 360

Dabanton

Having a beta at launch would be a bit silly. Although pretty lulzy.

If a beta is coming wouldn't Jan/Feb make more sense?

p3tran

Banned
Having a beta at launch would be a bit silly. Although pretty lulzy.

If a beta is coming wouldn't Jan/Feb make more sense?

Not if you are microsoft. if you are microsoft, its the most perfect thing you can have happening.

If you are EA, you can take microsoft's money to do them the favor, while also pushing the "BF4 for xbone titanfall beta" requirement, so its double density win for them too.

it all comes down to respawn. is it possible or not?

if not day1, maybe before Christmas? I know its something I would pursue if I was ms..
funny thing is I can almost see lines of people waiting to get xboned at the stores, iphone style if such a thing was to happen.. especially day1.. chaos!

jim2011

Not if you are microsoft. if you are microsoft, its the most perfect thing you can have happening.

If you are EA, you can take microsoft's money to do them the favor, while also pushing the "BF4 for xbone titanfall beta" requirement, so its double density win for them too.

if not day1, maybe before Christmas? I know its something I would pursue if I was ms..
funny thing is I can almost see lines of people waiting to get xboned at the stores, iphone style if such a thing was to happen.. especially day1.. chaos!

I like your idea. Beta with BF4 purchase. That would definitely boost BF4 sales.

monome

nah.

MS can't do fuck.

It's EA's call and would have more to do with Destiny than PS4/X1.

Ryse is MS next-gen gears situation. (the IP probably even more tightly held by MS).
Titanfall is the "lucky" strike.

MS already has put a great deal of money behind Black Tusk to create a new AAA FPS IP.

Respawn has everything to lose by selling out this early into next-gen.
But they have to be carefull with Destiny. That game will cannibalize directly into their expect userbase, which for a MP only game, could mean troubles when you consider the relatively few units sold when both games will launch.

If PS4 + Destiny is a success, Titanfall pays the price but can manage to be profitable and keep building goodword of mouth until it goes cross plateform.
if X1 + Destiny is a success (too), Titanfall won't benefit much from the "halo" effect since both games are supposed to be your next-gen de facto MP experience (and because MS abandonned its no disc need strategy and you know you're too lazy to get off the couch to switch discs regularly).

So yep, Respawn is in a position where after they built good word of mouth they have everything to gain from getting real consummers play their games and taste the rainbows ASAP because they want to prove their game is the next-gen shit.

Running scared with MS is absolutely a bad idea.
Showing proudness and benefitting from EA's money to buil a beta is a good idea.

and cross promotion between Battelfield and Titanfall is bad juju IMO.

~~Hasan~~

titan fall is probably my most wanted game however... i honestly think this game look like a PS3/Xbox 360 in terms of graphics.

it doesn't look a next gen game at all in my eyes

nah.

MS can't do fuck.

and cross promotion between Battelfield and Titanfall is bad juju IMO.

I'm not sure if I agree with all of this, however, I will say that BF4 being launch and Destiny being Spring has significantly reduced my interest in Titanfall.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
4 minutes...

XFVDpUK.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom