• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spencer Forza Motorsport is a GAAS with years of support

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I think sports are fine if they are gaas. They were always meant to be live services, games you play for years that have nonstop content support. FH4 is a gaas game and its one of the best racing/driving games ever.

Danknugz

I can only think of iracing ..
Assetto Corsa could be argued although it's not by design, more due to them taking so long to come out with AC2, and most of the post release support and updates have been by modders.

I don't see forza going this route and unless MS allows people to mod it. Personally I don't see this as a completely horrible thing because let's face it, track racing is pretty much the same exact thing every time and doesn't necessarily need a yearly update for a game that is based on it, especially when we're at them point of laser scanned tracks, not sure what else you can do with more iterations of a track racer when the hardware is essentially fixed.

The horizon series on the other hand can continue to add different locales and releases without seeming like they're just doing the same thing over and over.

Bilu

The right decision. Anyone who is against it is just an idiot. With the end of releases every 2 years where nothing new was really added, they can focus on what matters in a single game. This game will get better and better and I'll save money.

stn

I'm good with this as long as they're properly adding cars, tracks, and other things, without any stupid loot boxes or other bullshit.

Dane

Tought it was obvious from the naming isntead of being FM8, why create an 100% iterative sequel when you can add the content into the existing one? Being GaaS is the best choice for these games, same with fighting games DLCs instead of having to force people to buy "Super/Ultra" versions.

Last edited:
Top Bottom