• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spin's 300 Best Albums of the Past 30 Years (1985-2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I don't think I've ever heard someone say that Battle Of Los Angeles is better than RATM Self-Titled, or Evil Empire let alone an entire organization.

I'm not "raging" at the list, but for a whole bunch of people to pick Battle Of LA over ST and Evil Empire is a bit of a head scratcher and I like Battle of LA A LOT.

I don't think I've ever heard someone say that Battle Of Los Angeles is better than RATM Self-Titled, or Evil Empire let alone an entire organization.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is literally the only time this has occurred anywhere on the internet. the opinion is THAT far out there.

See Also: Vitalogy being listed over "Ten" for Pearl Jam.

Jawmuncher

Glad to see Coldplay on there. Surprised it was A Rush of Blood to the head over Viva la Vida, since that's usually the one people say is the best (if not that then shiver).

MikeOxbig

BAD is not on this list. That says it all. But why stop there? No room for Reflection Eternal - Train of Thought, but room for two Beyonce albums? One Roots album and it's Rising Down? And Blueprint better than Reasonable Doubt? Not on your life.

A couple things:

- I would have thought Blood Sugar Sex Magik was a lock to be on this list

- Alice in Chains Unplugged album is better than Nirvana's.

On the topic of bizarre albums by a band over their clasics, XTRMNTR over Screamadelica seems really odd

Nah, XTRMNTR is definitely up there. I'm a huge Primal Scream fan and I couldn't possibly choose between the two. Screamadelica and XTRMNTR are their masterpieces, Vanishing Point, More Light and Sonic Flower Groove make up the rest of the top 5.

Teggy

283. Superchunk, I Hate Music (Merge, 2013)

I'm happy to see this, but it implies that SPIN thinks this is their best record, which is just nonsense, especially when Foolish was SPIN's #11 record of 1994.

OuterLimits

Good list. Except that it has Oasis. Ugh.

Although Enigma should have been included with either MCMXC a.D or Cross of Changes.

Really good list. I'm not going to hold it up completely for missing one or two specific albums or ranking some too high/too low, just based off of inclusions it's a fine big slice (not the entirety) of the best collected works of the period.

Since we're bitching though:

Souvlaki got robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom