• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT| Fresh Squids 2 Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

Holy shit the perfect gear grind is killing me

I can’t for the fuck of me find ink resist chest with a common ability of either ink refill or swim speed

At this rate I have 2 mains of ink saver and 3 subs of ink saver LOL

Ridley327

The problem I'm having isn't killing them its getting to them, both of them can hit you from so far away and the bucket and roller feel slower at churning through the mooks standing between you and the boss

With more familiarity with the routes spawns come from, you can actually avoid most of the traffic. The mobs follow a pretty rigid line, so figuring out where they're not going makes it a lot easier to get to where you need to be, even on higher difficulties.

Honestly, the only boss that's really tough for melee weapons to handle on their own is Steelhead, just because he's so tall. I don't think a Slosher can even reach his head even when jumping. But even there, that's where playing the environment becomes important, since getting on top of them makes them easy pickings.

mazillion

Priorities. If you want it gone you focus it. And if you don't get it done the first time around just be ready for when it opens up next. I'm not saying it's easy but I don't think it's unfairly difficult either.
At 185-200% they're swarming, you'd get eaten alive unless you had your team backing you up. Usually randoms at this rank prioritize them so I'm usually taking them out as a group but sometimes things get out of hand and i'm on my own. I almost always end up having to shoot something else or paint to move around. It's rare that I get the opportunity to take both out in one volley.

Vorkken

Neo Member
Quick question, is it supposed to be possible to jump up an entire letter grade in one rank up? I don't remember that ever being a thing in the first game.

woodland

Trying to get up a few levels and tried ranked and had one person rolling in TC. Back to turf wars I go.

Had fun beating a team of snipers holing up at the tower at Inkblot Art Academy tho

DrArchon

They really need to fix up the unranked Turf War matchmaking. It's a fucking trainwreck. I haven't hit level 10 yet and I'm getting paired with people as high as level 25 as as low as level 4. There are guys out there with full sets of customized 4 slot gear with all of the abilities they want being paired against people who have no idea what they're doing. Like "I got sub-400 score with an Aerospray and no kills" don't know what they're doing.

Speaking of the Aerospray, why is it that every time I decide to try it out for a match or two I get paired with at least 2 other people using it? I've had multiple matches with nothing but Aerosprays on our team, which is great on Inkblot when a decent charger gets the high ground in the middle of the map. I understand why you can't switch mid-match, but God dammit at least ATTEMPT to pair up different weapons with each other and not just throw them all on one team. Now I feel like I can never use the Aerospray because I know I'll be one of 3 on a team using it and feel like an asshole.

Got all of the Sunken Scrolls, I love the little things in there. Like...
Marina seeing the battle between Octavio and the Squid Sisters in the first Splatoon

Judd's owner having enough foresight to freeze another cat so he wouldn't be lonely.

The Salmonids being the equivalent of a biblical plague.

Nothing quite on the level of "Splatoon takes place in the future after climate change destroyed the world." But still pretty fun.

Tried out Ranked for the first time last night, and it was...maybe a little too intense for me. Also my team lost every time.

Feels like an entirely different game tbh.

Anyway if anybody has any ranked mode tips hit me up.

Big Nikus

So I can't play with friends in the same team all the time ? What ? It seems to be a multiplayer game for people who play multiplayer games by themselves with no friends. What's the freaking point...

13ruce

Banned
Got all of the Sunken Scrolls, I love the little things in there. Like...
Marina seeing the battle between Octavio and the Squid Sisters in the first Splatoon

Judd's owner having enough foresight to freeze another cat so he wouldn't be lonely.

The Salmonids being the equivalent of a biblical plague.

Nothing quite on the level of "Splatoon takes place in the future after climate change destroyed the world." But still pretty fun.

Nice sounds all cool and
sadly they go no futher into the extinction of humans and post apocalypse but still neat tho. Especially that Marina bit it might even have inspired her to become an idol?

Amani

Salmon Run's been getting more challenging, multiple bosses showing up one after the other...teammates not killing the goddamn FlyFish for fuck's sake

daxy

Revelation: if you're stuck in a shitty queue that won't stop searching for players, you can turn on flight mode to DC instead of closing the game! Don't need to go through those tedious stage intros.

HeroR

I just got two of the most frustrating games of Salmon Run. The first is that we were short one egg with about 20 secs left. I killed boss, got the golden egg, but got overwhelmed and died. So, I floated back to the basket and spam 'HELP'. All my teammates completely ignored me, despite me having a freaking egg to complete the round. Needless to say, we lost. Moments like these are good I don't voice chat.

The other game, we were doing great and we well past 50 eggs total. Three out of wipe, but we only had a few seconds left to complete the game. The Roller was holding their own and we floated towards them to see if we can be revived before the countdown finished. With just 10 seconds left, the Roller D/C and we lost. The salt was very real.

Nice sounds all cool and
sadly they go no futher into the extinction of humans and post apocalypse but still neat tho. Especially that Marina bit it might even have inspired her to become an idol?

That's probably exactly what happened,
or at least was the last push that motivated her to move to Inkopolis, considering in game the events of Splatoon 2 take place two years after the first one. Also Pearl is a terrible singer apparently, lol

So your inventory does have a limit. Does that also apply to the weapons?

There's no limit to your inventory, but you can't get a duplicate of a piece of gear you have. You can however talk to Murch to order a duplicate of a gear you see someone else wearing, but if you choose to buy that ordered gear when it arrives it will overwrite the old one you have already.

So your inventory does have a limit. Does that also apply to the weapons?
Hmm, maybe I am misunderstanding.

Your inventory does not have a strict limit; you can buy and keep any amount of unique clothing and weapons, as long as you have the money to afford all of it. Once you buy clothing or weapons, it is added to your inventory and should no longer be available for sale in shops. But if you order clothing from players or Annie that you already have, you can only choose to keep the old gear or the new gear (for example if I have the Inky Black Rider in my inventory and I order another Inky Black Rider off of another player or Annie's shop, I can only keep the old Inky Black Rider or the new one).

Edit: aaaaaaand yeah Magnet_Man basically explained the gist of it.

Kangi

DFncv-XUAAAY3Ab.jpg:large

I cannot understand why the gap in ability is so vast, I seriously wiped out 3 or 4 of the other team multiple times and they still end up just.. Being dead all the time.

My average Tower Control match today:

DFnlHiXUwAAdE2y.jpg

13ruce

Banned
That's probably exactly what happened,
or at least was the last push that motivated her to move to Inkopolis, considering in game the events of Splatoon 2 take place two years after the first one. Also Pearl is a terrible singer apparently, lol

Ha well not all
rappers
can
sing
very well :p

Pretty cool tho i should collect the scrolls soon when i am goin to unlock all hero weps, also still need to unlock all scrolls in Splatoon 1 lol:p will do it someday! Same for those amiibo story level challenges.

K' Dash

The bucket is the most underrated lethal weapon in this game, I never tried it until Salmon Run made me and hot damn, that thing is amazing.

What Salmon Run already closed? :(

The absolute worst decision Nintendo has ever made. Why is this game mode locked out at all, let alone the peak hours of the day? Makes me not want to tell people to buy this game to be honest.

Hyperbolic, but the point still stands.

Alfredo

I'm staying at my girlfriend's place for a day, and I brought my Switch to play some Salmon Run while she's working...BUT IT'S CLOSED FOR LIKE 2 DAYS.

Ughhh, Nintendo!

J@hranimo

Banned
The absolute worst decision Nintendo has ever made. Why is this game mode locked out at all, let alone the peak hours of the day? Makes me not want to tell people to buy this game to be honest.

Here's the reason.

For Salmon Run’s online schedule, they deeply considered how to implement a co-op oriented mode in a player-versus-player type of game and decided to set that period. Nintendo wants players not to stick only with that mode, but also check out the other PvP modes. That’s why Salmon Run offers rewards with something you can use for the PvP modes. However, Amano said that this is the first co-op mode for Splatoon, so it’s unknown how much it will be appreciated by players. Therefore, they will monitor things as to how users are playing and if there is something the developers can do with Salmon Run, they would like to go ahead and do it.

To me it seems like they don't want to split the userbase so fast in the beginning. If the game continues to do well, they'll probably change it in the future.

mazillion

I think if they're dead set on having Salmon Run be a limited event they should at least be up for 24 hours. That way everyone everywhere will have a full day to find the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom