• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 |OT2| From Smallfry to FlyFish in 5 Easy Steps!

stack

Neo Member
What do you guys think of Jet Squelcher?

I used to enjoy playing Tentatek Splattershot, but after a few days of a break I feel like I suck a lot, and somehow I have hard time killing anyone. Aerosprays kick my ass even when I try to take advantage of better accuracy at range.

The great range and decent RoF of JS seems useful to me, yet I don't see many players using it for some reason.

And when we're at that, how do you utilize the mist subweapon?

Ag1JeYv.jpg

I like it a lot. I don't use mist too often still working on that.

phanphare

Banned
yeah jet squelcher is one of my mains so far

works really well for me in splat zones, being able to out range the higher fire rate weapons that tend to show up in that mode and having tenta missiles to pressure and with splat zones you'll typically lock on to 3 players or more due to the focus on a small zone in mid. poison mist is also useful because of the focus on a smaller part of the map.

J@hranimo

Banned
I think the carbons speed is great. Id just like to see an increase in range for its vertical flick maybe. The rest of the rollers i would like to see a slight boost to the speed of the vertical flick. As it stands now, even with the carbon being the fastest...by the time i get my second flick off, anyone with good aim can hit me 3-6 times (depending on the weapon they are using) before my second animation is done. If i happen to get into a 1 on 1 situation, i have to be extremely quick with dodging if i am going to be the one walking away. Which means, if i want to splat effectively i have to use hide and ambush tactics a lot of the time.

And thanks for the compliments on my inkling lol

*Wanted to add. Yeah that knockback mechanic is odd. Whenever it happens i get so disoriented lol

I think the vertical flick speed for those rollers are fine. They really need to make the horizontal flicks more consistent though. For carbon they should either give it its old killing range back or make it more lenient to get kills at close range. I'm perfectly fine with the splat roller as it is besides the horizontal flick.

The true king of skill returns.

Damn right.

Jintor

Is the squiffer out today? What's the ETA?

I'm going to a con and if they push an update they might fuck up the lan stuff

Ogodei

Ag1JeYv.jpg

I like it a lot. I don't use mist too often still working on that.

I'm bad about using sub weapons altogether. I'll remember them when i'm trying to pressure (like suction bombs in Tower Control), but if i splat anyone with a sub weapon, it's purely by accident.

Ponchito

What a lousy afternoon it's been. Lost rank in Salmon Run. Hated the fact that when you lose rank you go down to 40 pts. of the previous tier.

Then just lost match after match in regular matches. So mad.

bonesquad

I don't play for a week and completely forget how to play... not that I was any good before. Though my main mistake was trying the Carbon Roller after getting beat up by one because I didn't expect the roller to be so slow. I didn't even manage to paint 400p:( Sorry team.

Yikes. Saw my first straight up racist message with "makeamericagreatagain" attached to it.

Fucking gross. First thing I feel I absolutely had to report, if that does much.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I went all the way from S to B+ in a terrible streak where I just did not know when to call it quits.

:(

What do you guys think of Jet Squelcher?

I used to enjoy playing Tentatek Splattershot, but after a few days of a break I feel like I suck a lot, and somehow I have hard time killing anyone. Aerosprays kick my ass even when I try to take advantage of better accuracy at range.

The great range and decent RoF of JS seems useful to me, yet I don't see many players using it for some reason.

And when we're at that, how do you utilize the mist subweapon?
Play to the strength of range and pick off the others one by one. Mist should be used on choke points that you know people have to pass through or at least to give a teammate the edge in an ongoing 1v1 :D

Cynosure

Yikes. Saw my first straight up racist message with "makeamericagreatagain" attached to it.

Fucking gross. First thing I feel I absolutely had to report, if that does much.
that "all my friends are straight and white males" garbage. i wasnt sure if it was sarcastic so i ignored it, but iv just now went back and reported it...just in case

Rayis

that "all my friends are straight and white males" garbage. i wasnt sure if it was sarcastic so i ignored it, but iv just now went back and reported it...just in case

I saw the person saying "I'm a non-binary squid" having a lovely conversation with the "2 genders" person while sitting in Inkopolis.

Fireblend

Banned
The current "discussion" going on through the drawn messages is going to get some players banned, or at least I hope so. Reported a couple of them today.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Going for the time out victory feels so wrong lol. My team was barely holding onto the lead on art academy in rainmaker and with 30 seconds left I just hid with the rainmaker by the teams corner tree area and they spent almost the whole time looking for me lol. They didn't realize what was happening until the last second.

Yup, that was the first thing that was in my face upon entering the plaza. Glad you also reported it.

NSESN

Finally bought the game. Still only played the single player, but I am enjoying it more than most shooters I played so far.

What's with all the LGBTQ Splatoon messages in the city square? Literally all of them were about that when I was just playing.
I don't understand how it happens, but the plaza tends to go through phases. First everything was furries, then everything was "I wish X were real", now LGBT.

Is it deliberate that the plaza messages tend to adhere to a theme? I'm not sure.

I'm loving all the positive Trans messages /Non Binary messages on here, considering younger peeps play this game, it's nice for them to see that in the Squid world, they're not alone.

BiggNife

I'm loving all the positive Trans messages /Non Binary messages on here, considering younger peeps play this game, it's nice for them to see that in the Squid world, they're not alone.
On the flipside, it's a bummer seeing a "There are TWO GENDERS" post in the plaza. I don't know how heavily the messages are moderated, if at all, so I hope kids aren't seeing more hateful/exclusionary stuff.

Yeah its great. I don't know why the plaza seems to get into phases like this, but this one is great.

On the flipside, it's a bummer seeing a "There are TWO GENDERS" post in the plaza. I don't know how heavily the messages are moderated, if at all, so I hope kids aren't seeing more hateful/exclusionary stuff.

Yeah it sucks, but on the plus side I've seen way more positive post than the negative ones.

What's with all the LGBTQ Splatoon messages in the city square? Literally all of them were about that when I was just playing.

I was about to say, I saw a lot of messages like "shoutout to my non-binary squids" or "agender and transgender squids are valid". I don't know if anything happened to make it happen all of a sudden now, but it's cute and positive, so I'm down with it.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I saw a MAGA/white supremacist sign saying they have all white friends. Reported it it for being hateful.

They're greatly outnumbered so I'm sure positivity will win the day.

Fireblend

Banned
There is a report button so hopefully it will all be sorted out.

The two genders are Flight and Invisibility, obviously.

But yeah just report them. It's all a twitter/facebook side thing so I assume it all goes there

EDIT: I deleted my dumb question because Google exists.

There's a red post box looking thing to the right of the lobby/elevator in the plaza, next to the weapon shop. You can draw and post stuff from there.

Thank you! Despite playing the game for 10+ hours, I somehow missed that.

Fireblend

Banned
Dumb question that I'm sure has been answered multiple times in the thread, but how do you even make a "Miiverse" post in this game?
There's a red post box looking thing to the right of the lobby/elevator in the plaza, next to the weapon shop. You can draw and post stuff from there.

Top Bottom