• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon Global Testfire will return for one more round (Sunday 24th May - 00:00 CES)

Sendou

The point of those beta test isn't to get stats from people who played 1~3 hours, it's to get mass data regarding the teams balance on hundreds of games.

I'm pretty sure it has more to do with stress testing the servers and offering a demo of the game.

Daknight

YES!!! I can finally try this now that I fix my Wii U connection problem. Thank you Nintendo! (will probably end up buying it, though kind of sad at the lack of 4 player local game mode :( )

Chaos17

Here're the different hours.

Nintendo of America ‏@NintendoAmerica 24 minil y a 24 minutes
Download the #Splatoon Global Testfire software in the #WiiU #eShop to play some multiplayer Turf War action on 5/23 from 3-4 p.m. PT!

Nintendo of Europe ‏@NintendoEurope 31 minil y a 31 minutes
The #Splatoon Global Testfire will return for one more round! Sunday 24th May - 00:00 CEST.http://fal.cn/C9h

Nintendo UK ‏@NintendoUK 29 minil y a 29 minutes
The #Splatoon Global Testfire will return for one more round! Saturday 23rd May - 23:00 BST. http://ntdo.co.uk/Bv

Nintendo France ‏@NintendoFrance 31 minil y a 31 minutes
#Splatoon Global Testfire est de retour dimanche 24 mai à 0h00 ! http://ntdo.fr/BL

Pandy

The point of those beta test isn't to get stats from people who played 1~3 hours, it's to get mass data regarding the teams balance on hundreds of games.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with team balance, and everything to do with servers and matchmaking.

They got their data from the first Testfire, now they're going to check that they haven't messed anything up with adjustments before launch.

ohlawd

the hell is CES? get that nonsense timezone outta here

we'll see if I can play. missed the last three times, can you believe that crap?

noshten

MIj6o.gif

ramparter

Banned
the hell is CES? get that nonsense timezone outta here

we'll see if I can play. missed the last three times, can you believe that crap?

Central European Summer Time = GMT +2

I'm Eastern European Summer Time, so 1 am. Will probably give it another go!

B00TE

Can't wait! If nothing else, I can record another hour of gameplay to watch over and over until the 29th.

Absolutely loved the previous test. Wasn't sure if I would be able to make this next one but just checking back my diary, I see that's I have nothing planned and my girlfriend is away that weekend... sweet Splatoon will soothe my loneliness.

scamander

Banned
That's right during the Eurovision Song Contest. Nintendo, you can't set this on a time, when Europe's biggest party is running and queer folks are celebrating their Eurotrash, d'uh.

tumblr_inline_n56b67NTwm1qifo6j.gif

explodet

I thoroughly enjoyed the last test fire - got in all three hours, splattered fools with the roller and the Jr. in equal measure.

That said, I'll probably pass on this one. I'm already sold on the game, and it actually launches 5 days later.

mclem

That's right during the Eurovision Song Contest. Nintendo, you can't set this on a time, when Europe's biggest party is running and queer folks are celebrating their Eurotrash, d'uh.

tumblr_inline_n56b67NTwm1qifo6j.gif

Eurovision's usually over before midnight CET, isn't it?

Edit: just checked a live blog. Last year's ended at 00:30 CET. There's still time to get half the hour in!

Edit2: the last several Eurovisions all ended in the 00:00 - 00:30 window.

scamander

Banned
Eurovision's usually over before midnight CET, isn't it?

Edit: just checked a live blog. Last year's ended at 00:30 CET. There's still time to get half the hour in!

Theoretically, you are right. But it's a social event for me and my friends and we always have our private after show party. It's okay though, as I took part in all the other sessions and the game is only launching a few days later. :)

Exile20

I guess they made changes to the servers and want to test them again just before launch. I wonder if preorders are high and Nintendo is scared of a horrible launch. I hope so :D

Top Bottom