• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Split Ends and Crowed House drummer Paul Hester Dies at 46.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Very sad indeed. One album I always, always recommend on here is Crowded House's Woodface which I think is one of the best albums of the past few decades. What made the whole thing even worse is he failed to snap his neck and ended up dying of strangulation. Talk about a shitty way to go.

bjork

BobbyRobby said:
The only song of theirs I know is "I Got You", which is a fine song. What are there other notable songs?

That whole album is pretty cool... "True Colours", I believe.

Split Enz instrumental stuff is nice.

Burger

Again, the Australian media reporting that a New Zealand music is Australian music.

Crowded House is a frikken New Zealand band. We conceded Russel Crowe already (much to our pleasure), don't try and take away one of our best bands you wankers.

Oh, and it's Split Enz, not Split Ends. (notice the NZ?)

goomba

Banned
Its sad , he was a great drummer, contributed much the style of the bands IMO.

He was the sole australian member of the bands. The singer/songwriter brothers Neil and Tim Finn are New Zealanders. Australia are often trying to claim them as theirs though.

goomba said:
Its sad , he was a great drummer, contributed much the style of the bands IMO.

He was the sole australian member of the bands. The singer/songwriter brothers Neil and Tim Finn are New Zealanders. Australia are often trying to claim them as theirs though.

The bassist in crowded house is Australian. And Tim wasn't with the band for very long either so you can see why aussies would claim them as their own

Not a big fan of crowded house, but Split Enz were pretty good, underrated outside of australasia. Hester's suicide is sad news indeed.

Loki

Count of Concision
BobbyRobby said:
The only song of theirs I know is "I Got You", which is a fine song. What are there other notable songs?

As far as I know, "Don't Dream It's Over" was their only #1 hit (Billboard). While it might not be an "l33t" enough song for the music fans on this board, it's still awesome-- one of my all-time faves. Check it out-- I'm sure you've heard it before. :)

Burger

goomba said:

I was unaware of that. I take back 1/5th of what I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom