• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game doesn't really have any good villains. At least Skull Face got lines I guess, because Volgin, Mantis, the various Skull troops, etc sure didn't.

Huey is like the only villain, that made me think "you bastard".
I guess i kinda hate skull face more after quiets ending, but at the same time, we only meet quiet and "save her soul" because of skull face treatment

Gbraga

The intro is a bit too obvious, I agree, but the rest of the game does work torwards trying to erase that from your memory, ignoring it completely. You know there's something fishy going on, but I don't think everyone will know exactly what. People had "we don't play as Big Boss" theories ever since the first trailer, after all, so it's not like they made a huge effort to hide it, but the specifics are definitely harder to notice. I don't think people who don't know about the photo changing to your avatar in the ending would notice that in the ACC the photo is folded right where the medic is, just in order not to reveal his identity, for example.

But the facial customization part is still weird to me, I don't know what they were trying to convey by that. Sure, it can be seen as an attempt to mislead the player into thinking the char customization is the face they were about to change him to, in order to hide his identity, but never got the chance, but the way the dialogue is presented isn't ambiguous at all, it leaves no place for any other interpretation.

Has anyone pointed out this detail before? I was zooming in the window at Air Command Center and instead of reflecting Snake's face I could see the avatar I picked/the Medic.

MouldyK

Haha nice, but if you pause at 2:02 her right breast is all sorts of weird.

10604739_10203880148838271_6682887676206079116_o.jpg

Looks fine to me!

18epd91ssn1h5jpg.jpg

KOMANI

KOMANI
has someone completed the second objective for the Prologue : Awakening?
Volgin manages to still attack me, wether it be summoning fire off the ground or shooting fire at me?

Any tips? much appreciated.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
That shaky cam is overdone, so damn hard to follow anything. It was enough in Ground zeroes.

Agreed. That plus the "make this take as long as possible" gimmick that is in soooo many Phantom Pain scenes. In terms of camera work, MGS4 is really nice.

Pics_nao

Just got the twist spoiled for me. I'm not sure how to feel. In fact I'm fucking confused.

Back to the game to figure this shit out.

AHA-Lambda

K, I'm braving the wastes here >_<

I've played 8 hours so far but have a few questions I hope someone can answer.

1) How many Main Ops are there?
2) How necessary is it to complete the Side ops? They're already getting dull tbh
3) How do you get this true ending I've heard of?

DevilFox

The BB and Quiet rain scene for those who were wondering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA28-cm9DeA&feature=youtu.be

Even the torture scene doesn't refrain from zooming in and sexualizing her. I seriously hope this is addressed by the gaming media because that's disgusting.

Not going to happen, not until hype is lower. But I really hope it happens because with Quiet they really overdid it. She's literally there for boners, nothing else. I wonder what Stefanie thinks about it because the character had potential.

Is Skull Face intentionally ridicolous?

'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' Style Review Events Are Part Of The Problem:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkai...-style-review-events-are-part-of-the-problem/

Couldn't agree with this more.

Me too, things need to change.

Not going to happen, not until hype is lower. But I really hope it happens because with Quiet they really overdid it. She's literally there for boners, nothing else. I wonder what Stefanie thinks about it because the character had potential.

She seems to be happy with their portrayal of her as Quiet.

Endo Punk

Just saw all the endings. Phantom ending pretty much destroys BB legacy, Skull ending is stupid, terrible villain and dialogue, that Metal Gear looks far too advanced and ridiculous. Quite ending didnt make me feel sorry for my deeds. Normally I like fan service(B&Bs were fiiine and made sense), Quite looks really tacky, it really takes away from her scenes.

Krabboss

I loved MGS4's ending.

I think the endings to MGSV are crap.

MGS4 had about 20 different endings. It was wrapped up pretty well until the Big Boss infodump which sucked all the emotion out of the past couple scenes. It was overlong and it really didn't need to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZCdlBUQbpA

Channels are allowed to upload the ending now. One thing I HAVE to give Kojiam credit for since I was absolutely sure it would happen, is that he did not make Venom Snake ally with that piece of shit Skullface.

Who told Kojima it was appropriate to use the camera as if it's a found footage movie?

I said the day the last trailer was released that the Metal Gear scenes looked very Godzilla-esque with the way the footsteps shook the camera. I think a more accurate comparison is Cloverfield, because all the scenes are shot this way. It's made to look like somebody is (sloppily) holding a camera and filming the entire game, when it really shouldn't. Also the Metal Gear roars at VS and cries out when rockets are fired at it. Did Kojima think he was making a monster movie?

Anung

Un Rama
Okay, I found the battle gear workshop and go inside and Huey says Hi and nothing happens.

I mashed along all the walls and explored but nothing triggers. Still highlighted on my map.

Furyous

Just saw all the endings. Phantom ending pretty much destroys BB legacy, Skull ending is stupid, terrible villain and dialogue, that Metal Gear looks far too advanced and ridiculous. Quite ending didnt make me feel sorry for my deeds. Normally I like fan service(B&Bs were fiiine and made sense), Quite looks really tacky, it really takes away from her scenes.

Is there an ending guide somewhere? Is it true ending, normal ending, bad ending, and worst ending?

This is a surreal post knowing the game was spoiled weeks ahead of time in such fine detail. I'm now undecided after the FOB fuckery going on.

Ishida

Banned
MGS4 had about 20 different endings. It was wrapped up pretty well until the Big Boss infodump which sucked all the emotion out of the past couple scenes. It was overlong and it really didn't need to be.

Info dump was unnecessarily long, I agree. But it didn't kill any of my emotions for the ending. Watching Big Boss finally die and his final words with the amazing music... One of the best endings of all time.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I don't know if anyone has posted it but the Collector Edition Blu ray disc contains the remainder of Eli stealing Sahelanthropus and Big Boss fighting him along with XOF I will post pics in a few. The disclaimer says its a work in progress but Im confused that we were suppose to get this in the game. It says Mission 51.

Is Kaz in on the Big Boss thing?

He is but he really shouldn't have been.

If he didn't know about Big Medic then that right there is a perfect explanation as to why Miller is against Big Boss in MG2 and calls him a monster -- but nope, Miller knows, goes along with it and is against Big Boss in MG2 because reasons. Hell, if Kojima planned to remake MG1/2 he'd retcon it any, "Miller was ruseing Solid Snake the whole time!"

inzaa

Neo Member
I don't know if someone talked about it previously but in the collector's edition bluray there is a bonus episode, episode 51, where Venom Snake and Diamond Dogs go to an island to find Eli and the metal gear.

This bonus episode is not playable but through incomplete cutscenes, concept art, story boards and even just texual description of the action, we get to see what's supposed to happen when Eli leaves motherbase.

Some pictures here

Edit : I'm really slow sorry, but I have more pictures !

inzaa

Neo Member
It's from the collector's edition bluray, there is some interviews of kiefer, greg miller and other guys, some trailer of MGSV, and the "phantom episode"

So, Quiet nailing a soldier in the head, knocking his helmet off, and allowing me to tranq him is one of the most satisfying things I've experienced in a game. Just fantastic.

Also, 9/11 patch? Cut off cut scenes? What's happening here??

MouldyK

Wow... I can't believe that cutscene with Eli got cut off. Fucking lame. :(

Konami were like: "This game needs to come this century!"

And Kojima was like "But that means we can either fit in a good story with a nice conclusion or Mo-Cap Stefanie Joosten rolling on the floor sexfully...not both!"

In which Konami replied: "Then pick one and bugger off!""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom