• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER: Spoiler Metal Gear Solid V (TPS) Spoiler Thread (Contains Spoilers, Thanos).

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it really possible to kill Quiet and not do any of her stuff? I obviously didn't want to do that on my first playthrough.

Also, will I ever get her back? I mean, I spent like 2mil GMP upgrading her stuff and after episode 45 she's gone forever?

Venom Fox

Banned
So, I think someone should create a thread about the cut content. Isn't mission 46 the last mission? If so then we know 5 missions were cut. That's fucking shady if you ask me.

Anyway how do we know there's a 9/11 patch? Where's the info on this?

So, I think someone should create a thread about the cut content. Isn't mission 46 the last mission? If so then we know 5 missions were cut. That's fucking shady if you ask me.

Anyway how do we know there's a 9/11 patch? Where's the info on this?

End of the "kingdom of the flies" it shows New York with Eli saying "not yet. It's not over yet." That's where people are getting it from.

Hayriko

After seeing the truth ending. And watched the "storyline" summary of the games. Big Boss is a Real Boss for planning this and the other 2 also

CrovaxPSO

Probably already been posted here but I haven't been keeping up. Noticed that if you zoom in while in the helicopter, the reflection you see in the window is
your created avatar
. Sorry for Twitter-quality screenshot, can't find my USB stick.

http://i.imgur.com/YDdXxf4.jpg

Edit: Yep, already posted.

Foffy

Banned
Asking so I know ahead of time: do these endings "end" the game, or it swerves like Peace Walker?

If these are definitive endings, what are the conditions of them?

Probably already been posted here but I haven't been keeping up. Noticed that if you zoom in while in the helicopter, the reflection you see in the window is
your created avatar

Wow, that is hilarious. I can't even be mad at this "twist" anymore, since the writing has been on the wall.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I searched and I dont' think it's been answered. Do we know how to avoid losing Quiet, or if she comes back?

vano89

Neo Member
Hey guys, the companion app keeps crashing on me when I choose iDroid... any ideas?
GZ one works fine, this one doesnt take me to login...

Wow, that is hilarious. I can't even be mad at this "twist" anymore, since the writing has been on the wall.

I suspected it as soon they had you make an avatar. That combined with the other guys voice being Snake's voice and Kojima's record of doing shit with characters you play as (fucking Raiden bullshit) and I was on edge expecting it.

Once you go run into Huey for the first time and the AI pod says something like "Snake? No, it's not you" I knew it was coming.

I suspected it as soon they had you make an avatar. That combined with the other guys voice being Snake's voice and Kojima's record of doing shit with characters you play as (fucking Raiden bullshit) and I was on edge expecting it.

Once you go run into Huey for the first time and the AI pod says something like "Snake? No, it's not you" I knew it was coming.

The writing is so damn on the wall. The way they speak to you(Miller/Ocelot), what is said, you having your eye despite it being shot out by Ocelot...and I mentioned a few pages ago, when you die in the prologue it says 'Mission Failed', when Ishmael dies it says 'Time Paradox'. Some things are subtle, some are not, but it's put together damn well.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
your created avatar

That and the helicopter scene are really subtle. Feel like the game needed more of this.

So.... do we know what super taboo subject Kojima was talking about early on they tackle in this game?

Chemical warfare? Because of the parasite stuff?

Child Soldiers? Do you ever actually fight Child Soldiers? I know they play a part with the Eli stuff but I dunno how far they go there.

Ishan

Someone put this in a better way don't remember the exact words/poster but essentially you need to think to understand mgs and the moment you actually think Ts complete utter shit from a realistic point of view . But still entertaining stuff from a
Games/story /lore view . So embrace the idioticadness narrative :)

Crossing Eden

So.... do we know what super taboo subject Kojima was talking about early on they tackle in this game?

Chemical warfare? Because of the parasite stuff?

Child Soldiers? Do you ever actually fight Child Soldiers? I know they play a part with the Eli stuff but I dunno how far they go there.
There are missions with child soldier enemies but it's an instant game over if you kill them.

That's some good fucking foreshadowing.

mgsvtpp_2015_09_02_00g3jc8.png

The writing is so damn on the wall. The way they speak to you(Miller/Ocelot), what is said, you having your eye despite it being shot out by Ocelot...and I mentioned a few pages ago, when you die in the prologue it says 'Mission Failed', when Ishmael dies it says 'Time Paradox'. Some things are subtle, some are not, but it's put together damn well.

What I don't get is why Mantis couldn't tell you weren't the real Snake given the powers he has. Maybe because you believed it until the end?

Crossing Eden

That's some good fucking foreshadowing.
Way too obvious, especially since Huey is suspicious in that same scene.

Atleast it's not like fallout where the children are just invulnerable @_@
It presents an interesting conundrum to the player, who's still likely gonna stick to the tranq/fulton strategy but can't shoot their way out if they get detected. But it doesn't really say anything about child soldiers, not to mention the way too blatant lord of the flies references...

It presents an interesting conundrum to the player, who's still likely gonna stick to the tranq/fulton strategy but can't shoot their way out if they get detected. But it doesn't really say anything about child soldiers, not to mention the way too blatant lord of the flies references...

Seeing as how Ahab is literally a surrogate for the player, it definitely is a moment that makes the player think.

And the lord of flies references...I wonder what else was cut from the game. Mission 51 looks pretty complete in terms of cutscene, just needs facial animations and some touch up. Man, it's a shame...

Given the way Episode 51 ends. Maybe they cut it because it was alluding to some DLC or the next game but now that's not happening with Kojima gone?

I would guess maybe it was cut simply because they wanted to ship the game sooner. If it was going to be DLC they wouldnt be showing it like they are.

But the game seems like you could easily slot in some story DLC. But with Kojima gone and who knows what state the team is even in these days I wouldnt bet on the single player being touched in any form. I am not even sure we will ever see a patch for single player stuff.

Man can't believe important ending stuff got cut.

It can't be understated how much endings have an effect on how people perceive a game, devs need to make it a priority to have it done before some middle stuff. Everyone should've saw what happened to ME3 when Bioware had to rush the ending and took that to heart.

I would guess maybe it was cut simply because they wanted to ship the game sooner. If it was going to be DLC they wouldnt be showing it like they are.

But the game seems like you could easily slot in some story DLC. But with Kojima gone and who knows what state the team is even in these days I wouldnt bet on the single player being touched in any form. I am not even sure we will ever see a patch for single player stuff.

I meant DLC after 51. Not 51 being DLC.

It ends in a way where it could be picked up again in DLC or the next game.

Iceternal

Meh ... it doesn't seem to be that essential .

Though do we know what happens to the ST-84 in the game ?

Because having such a powerful Metal Gear loose would be incredibly dangerous. At least that cut missions shows that it was destroyed.

inzaa

Neo Member
The last apparition of eli and the metal gear in the game is the scene at the begining of the video, where the flying metal gear leaves mother base

saher

Banned
Anyone knows how do i stop the disease from spreading on MB? my staff is dying and am leveling down and i cant even send them to missions.

From the tape there is a hint about the mouth but am not sure what to do D:

webrunner

mgs has a wierd relationship with 9/11 what with it happening right when they were developing a scene of arsenel gear crashing into new york

mgs has a wierd relationship with 9/11 what with it happening right when they were developing a scene of arsenel gear crashing into new york

You mean like the end of the Episode 51 video thingy?

Well some people speculated that in MGS-Verse 9/11 may have been an inside job (conspiracy theorists go woooo) by the Patriot AI to expedite the world on a path to war economy by edging America towards the war in the middle east etc.

MAX PAYMENT

When you're sitting in the aerial command center, click and hold the right stick and look at snake's reflection in the helicopter window.

It's a clear reflection of your custom character.

seth24

Neo Member
how to trigger paz side quest?

i'm missing the final photos though. Don't know where to find it. Do i need to keep playing all the side missions?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Since Liquid and Mantis (and Ocelot?) go to Foxhound eventually, wouldn't surprise me if there was a plan to have the next game be about Solidus.

Eli is in Africa, Solidus is there eventually and recruits child soldiers, so he could probably recruit Eli and Mantis. Plus, he wants to take Cipher/The Patriots down, so Eli could definitely ally to him. Also, Ocelot is kind of working for Solidus in MGS1, who by then is president.

I think there is a big story there to tell, and seeing how MGSV was supposed to end it seems it would have made sense to make the next game about this.

One thing that is weird is how Solidus sounds a lot more like the real Big Boss we always knew than either BB or Venom, with him recruiting child soldiers and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom