• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SprawlGAF | Neo City One is about to E.X.P.L.O.D.E.

It's the last thing you hear before your ear practically explodes, hissing static and the gibbering, howling madness of random frequency electrons shorting out in your ear.
"Oh damnit all!" I yell as I nudge the failed headset out of my ear.
You wince instinctively, just for a second and then the fallen guy is just gone. You whip around - He's diving behind a pillar, yellow jumpsuit trailing blood - your blood, you realise, through the slight endorphin haze - what little light there is is flickering, dying as screens burst, staticing, winking out of existence - until it's just you and an auto-shotgun and no arm and a darkened reception room. What do you do?
"This was supposed to be a simple smash and grab!" I say with a low boiling rage. I try and follow the path of blood as the SMOLED's are winking out of life, my shotgun leveled in the direction I suspect they're traveling. A little calmer now, "Why are you looking to get yourself killed? This courier job worth your life?"
---
I think this is hardball 2+3+0=5

justjim89

Don't forget to take a +1 when acting on this information

The neon glow pulses, fades; sparks fly, flitter, fade. The entire neighbourhood you can see is just shutting down as Goro's illegal EZ-EMP goes to work. This sort of shit is going to attract attention.

Trospeh, you can see the tank unfurling itself into combat form just as the EMP wave hits it. It staggers - obviously shielded, as any CorpSec job would be, but... well, it is Herring quality. It looks sleek and shiny and beautiful in normal form, but getting hit by a wave mid-conversion, as well as its corporate brochure design, means that it's structural garbage here... here... there... If you can damage three particular areas on this tank, it will definitely cease to function. Where are the three areas?

You see the Angel zoom backwards; the turret stutters, haphazardly, but swings around, upwards, tracking it as it moves. Troseph, what do you do?

As the beast halts mid-way through transformation, I see my opening. I recognize these models from my days in the military. A few years newer, sure, but the key points of failure seem to hold true in the model I'm looking at. The fuel tank, the ammo bay, and the primary axle are all left exposed in this brief window. I take a deep breath, steady my aim, and take three shots at the three vulnerable points of failure.

Roll+meat+skillwire bonus+bonus from assess

(3+2)+1+1+1=8

-I make too much noise, advance mission clock
-I take harm as established by the fiction

Bowlie

Banned
He sees that hard-edge look your eye and throws his hands up, gulps. "I just work here! I'm just - there's a courier, he's supposed to -"

The lights flicker and short out; the man's phone glows ephemerally in the sudden darkness, then it too fades like fire. The man is still babbling. "I gotta give him - I gotta - thumb drive? - Servers are, uh, you're standing in it - you're standing on it, I-"

NanICo, if you look down, you'll see you're standing on a glass floor, pulsing streams of neon and green below you, circuitry and chipware crammed and hacked into a room that clearly wasn't designed for it. You look around the room, lit only by the ambient glow of the data farm beneath your feet; the desk is an interface, designed for a dedicated employee or a skilled hacker.

The man has fallen on his knees now, almost sobbing with fear. "Please! I have a husband, and a kid- I just... I'm just supposed to - oh gods, Greg, did you kill- and Janice-"

He's dropped his phone - and a small thumbstick drive. But you can hear running footsteps in the distance - in the event of an attack, you know most CorpSec plans are to secure the most valuable object in the building. You've got an inkling you're probably standing right on top of it. You've probably got time to make one good move. NanICo, what do you do?

Time is a precious variable. The hair is now glued to my skin from sweating.

"Cool, thanks..." I say, running towards the thumbstick and picking it up. I run away from the glass floor, towards the door I just went through, grab my SMG and raise it.

Act Under Pressure: (6+3)+1 = 10

"and... my bad."
I shoot at the floor until I'm out of bullets, hoping to break it and destroy the passage between those footsteps and me.

I want to use the +autofire tag to give my weapon the +area tag and shoot at the entire glass, not just a particular spot next to me.

Whatever happens next, I'm exiting the room and typing to the others. Oh god, this headache.

<<atomAnt>> got a thumbdrive. probably the thing
<<atomAnt>> dude was waiting for a courier to pick it up
<<atomAnt>> how is the Angel

Tubobutts

Goro, you feel your stomach churn as Jinny flings the Angel almost completely vertical, lights winking out beneath you as you watch the tank stutter, but nonetheless pivot its turret to track you. Shit, says Jinny in your ear, her body swaying. You strapped in, right, Goro?

Right?

Goro, what barely stops you falling out of the Angel? and What do you do?

Only Duchess's communications go down, by the way.

"Why do you need to shut down a whole block just for racing brooo?!?!" I say as she pulls into her climb.

The only thing keeping me attached to the ship is the sfety line I had hooked into (Safety First Bro). Although this prevents me from falling completely away from the ship, it doesn't mean that I stay on my feet. Or inside the Angel

As I start to stumble, I desperately try to grab for any sturdy part of the ship I can use to steady myself.

Act Under Pressure:(6+3)+0=9.

Jintor

By the way, you all gained another 1 xp when you began the mission since you fulfilled a mission directive. And now you get another 1 xp, because NanICo grabbed the flashdrive

"and... my bad."
I shoot at the floor until I'm out of bullets, hoping to break it and destroy the passage between those footsteps and me.

You pull the trigger and hold it, the kickback of an auto-weapon in your hand throwing your aim every which way, but you don't care; that's what it's for. The man yelps and scrambles backwards against the wall as glass shards fly everywhere, cracks spreading, splintering, and then you see two more guards run up the stairs and stop just as the entire floor shatters, shielded circuitry refracting fibre lights, the room a shining starfield of pain and jagged edges.

Backwards. You throw yourself backwards.

<<atomAnt>> got a thumbdrive. probably the thing
<<atomAnt>> dude was waiting for a courier to pick it up
<<atomAnt>> how is the Angel

"This was supposed to be a simple smash and grab!" I say with a low boiling rage. I try and follow the path of blood as the SMOLED's are winking out of life, my shotgun leveled in the direction I suspect they're traveling. A little calmer now, "Why are you looking to get yourself killed? This courier job worth your life?"
---
I think this is hardball 2+3+0=5

A low, raspy hum, more synthesizer than man. "I don't know, princess. It worth yours?"

Leather-clad arms reach out of the darkness, grab you by the shoulders; you feel your worthless arm wrenched into an impossible position. He slams your shotgun hand into a wall, smashing a keypad, sparks flying as a door wrenches itself open, and shoves you bodily through it. Take (3 - 2armour =) 1 harm and roll Harm.

NaNIco, Duchess, you find yourselves back in the room with the cubicles and desks in it. The unearthly shattered glow of the server room reveals Duchess, bleeding, on her back; NanICo, BluePlate in hand, retreats back through the doorway and turns to see the Motorcyclist standing in the doorway, darkened helmet a mess of metal and plastic and blood, pistol in hand. Think you can draw on him before he plugs either of you full of lead? What do you do?

As the beast halts mid-way through transformation, I see my opening. I recognize these models from my days in the military. A few years newer, sure, but the key points of failure seem to hold true in the model I'm looking at. The fuel tank, the ammo bay, and the primary axle are all left exposed in this brief window. I take a deep breath, steady my aim, and take three shots at the three vulnerable points of failure.

Roll+meat+skillwire bonus+bonus from assess

(3+2)+1+1+1=8

-I make too much noise, advance mission clock
-I take harm as established by the fiction

Three powerful shots echo through the streets, no feed noise or moving cars to drown them out. The tank shorts, stutters, collapses forwards, but before it does so it spasms its turret at you; it can't fire, you know, but you'd recognise a last-ditch sensor scan anywhere. It's marked you, and given Goro's EMP trick you bet Herring rapid response units are on their way. What do you do?

"Why do you need to shut down a whole block just for racing brooo?!?!" I say as she pulls into her climb.

The only thing keeping me attached to the ship is the sfety line I had hooked into (Safety First Bro). Although this prevents me from falling completely away from the ship, it doesn't mean that I stay on my feet. Or inside the Angel

As I start to stumble, I desperately try to grab for any sturdy part of the ship I can use to steady myself.

Act Under Pressure:(6+3)+0=9.

You slam a hand into one twisted metal fusilage bit sticking awkwardly out of a wall as Jinny fights for control, parts of the Angel holding up against the storm of random electrons, others less so. You're falling, falling, falling... Jinny is whooping in your ear, exhilaration and fear. What breaks, Goro - something of yours or something of Jinny's?

By the way, you all gained another 1 xp when you began the mission since you fulfilled a mission directive. And now you get another 1 xp, because NanICo grabbed the flashdrive
A low, raspy hum, more synthesizer than man. "I don't know, princess. It worth yours?"
Leather-clad arms reach out of the darkness, grab you by the shoulders; you feel your worthless arm wrenched into an impossible position. He slams your shotgun hand into a wall, smashing a keypad, sparks flying as a door wrenches itself open, and shoves you bodily through it. Take (3 - 2armour =) 1 harm and roll Harm.
6+1+3=10; Taking full harm (Based on my reading I'm taking the 3 unarmoured harm, but could be 3+ the mitigated harm of 1?)

As they wrench my dead arm pain shoots to every corner of my body except that arm. I lose consciousness for a brief second from the pain as the shotgun slips out of my grip. I look up and see the figure over me.
NaNIco, Duchess, you find yourselves back in the room with the cubicles and desks in it. The unearthly shattered glow of the server room reveals Duchess, bleeding, on her back; NanICo, BluePlate in hand, retreats back through the doorway and turns to see the Motorcyclist standing in the doorway, darkened helmet a mess of metal and plastic and blood, pistol in hand. Think you can draw on him before he plugs either of you full of lead? What do you do?
"Fuck off dude*," I say from the ground as I point my working hand at them and fire from my hand mounted pistol.

Objective is to put this creep out of commission long enough to at least clear the way for NanlCo to get through. Mix it up 2+6+2=10; 3 harm from weapon +2 harm +linked for synth=5 harm. If act under pressure then 2+6=8 - still same intent, though I think my move counts as violence against an armed force.
---
*dude, along with bro, being terms of formality in the year 2099.

Bowlie

Banned
Reading carefully on Cat Burglar, I saw that the [gear] it provides had to be obtained (read as declared in fiction what it actually is) *while* infiltrating.
Since I'm past that and have yet to introduce it, I'll just not use it this time. Don't want to go "and all of a sudden I had a smoke grenade in my suit!" or something.

I also marked the two additional experiences. We all have 3 now: one for getting the job, one for discovering the location, and one for getting the package.

---

I don't dare take a look inside and get up on my feet and start running along the west side of the room, near where those employees were; they are now hidden behind the cubicles. I'm gonna seize the opportunity and get near that dude with a... blown-up helmet? Is that from the loud noise I heard before?!

Act Under Pressure: (5+2)+1 = 8

I grab one of the two employees, and throw him with my momentum towards the middle of the south corridor, bathed in neon light. More distractions.

justjim89

Three powerful shots echo through the streets, no feed noise or moving cars to drown them out. The tank shorts, stutters, collapses forwards, but before it does so it spasms its turret at you; it can't fire, you know, but you'd recognise a last-ditch sensor scan anywhere. It's marked you, and given Goro's EMP trick you bet Herring rapid response units are on their way. What do you do?

I hadn't considered how much louder the shots would seem after the EMP, and I chide myself as I hastily pack my rifle back into the case and fly down the fire escape. By the time my feet hit the pavement, I'm off running through the darkened streets and double back two or three times before heading to shop where the others are.

Act Under Pressure: Roll + Cool

(1+2)+1=4

Oof. This is gonna hurt, isn't it?

Tubobutts

You slam a hand into one twisted metal fusilage bit sticking awkwardly out of a wall as Jinny fights for control, parts of the Angel holding up against the storm of random electrons, others less so. You're falling, falling, falling... Jinny is whooping in your ear, exhilaration and fear. What breaks, Goro - something of yours or something of Jinny's?

I think Goro's first instinct would be to protect himself and his stuff, so something of Jinny's.

Jintor

6+1+3=10; Taking full harm (Based on my reading I'm taking the 3 unarmoured harm, but could be 3+ the mitigated harm of 1?)

3 raw harm I think.

Act Under Pressure: (5+2)+1 = 8

I grab one of the two employees, and throw him with my momentum towards the middle of the south corridor, bathed in neon light. More distractions.

NanICo reacts first, taking off running as the man approaches, swinging a cringing wageslave back into the corridor as the Motorcyclist strides forward - but the civvies' a braver customer than you took him for. If you want to throw him back into the server room you'll need to get more physical than you intended, but if he's not worth the effort you can just slip around him. What do you do?

"Fuck off dude*," I say from the ground as I point my working hand at them and fire from my hand mounted pistol.

His helmet literally explodes in a shower of plastic and gore as you plug him straight in the head, leaving a fountaining neck streaming gore and wires and plastic as the body collapses forwards, buckling first to its knees and then falling forwards on you. You shove the corpse out of the way with the Coup, pain stinging through your body, light-speed, faster than fibre, but panting, still alive.

So you and NaNICo are in a blood-splattered cubical farm, you're in a great deal of pain, there's shouting coming from the server room, screams from the employees here, in the strobe-like darkness, and you just know you've made enough noise that even the world's shittiest security firm might think about sending a bit of backup. What do you do?

I hadn't considered how much louder the shots would seem after the EMP, and I chide myself as I hastily pack my rifle back into the case and fly down the fire escape. By the time my feet hit the pavement, I'm off running through the darkened streets and double back two or three times before heading to shop where the others are.

Act Under Pressure: Roll + Cool

(1+2)+1=4

You take a left, a right, a straight, past crowds of bystanders trying to take selfies against a strange, darkened street, until you're sure you can circle around back from a direction that nobody's looking for. You dart behind a car and around the corner, back to the front of Zhao's, when a sixth-sense warns you and you flatten yourself against a truck as an armored car hurtles to a stop, smashing into the motorcycle with a casual, violent disregard. Two more Herring 'professionals' get out, one toting a shotgun, the other reaching inside the car and throwing a small ball in the air, which unfurls - a scouter drone. Troseph, what's the make and model? What do you do?

I think Goro's first instinct would be to protect himself and his stuff, so something of Jinny's.

Jinny screeches in your ear as you scabble desperately against the Angel's walls, grabbing a chunk of exposed wiring that turned out merely to be duct-taped flat. Goro, you shit! she winces, sparks flying and warning lights blaring. That's gonna cost you later... bro.

The Angel stabilises and swoops; you clamber back to your feet, shaken, but alright, surveying the scene. A three-block radius of buildings is fully without power, neon signs casting shadows over panicking civilians fleeing gunshots; you see the armoured car out the front of Zhao's. Anything coming over the lines? Where are Duchess and NaNIco? What did that shit Crowley flake out for? Bro, what do you do?

Bowlie

Banned
The man was only useful to distract the biker; now that the biker doesn't have a head anymore I can let him be.

I breathe. We are finally safe, for now.

I send another message:

<<atomAnt>> again, how is the Angel
<<atomAnt>> were ready, is it safe out there

A mess of blood, sweat and metal awaits me near the door. What the fuck happened to her arm?!

I help Madonna D back on her feet, whisper all that's happened, and mention we can stay in that unlit bathroom close to the entrance until we hear news from outside.

That's where I go, with wire in hand and tracking any heat source with my eyes...

Tubobutts

Jinny screeches in your ear as you scabble desperately against the Angel's walls, grabbing a chunk of exposed wiring that turned out merely to be duct-taped flat. Goro, you shit! she winces, sparks flying and warning lights blaring. That's gonna cost you later... bro.

The Angel stabilises and swoops; you clamber back to your feet, shaken, but alright, surveying the scene. A three-block radius of buildings is fully without power, neon signs casting shadows over panicking civilians fleeing gunshots; you see the armoured car out the front of Zhao's. Anything coming over the lines? Where are Duchess and NaNIco? What did that shit Crowley flake out for? Bro, what do you do?
Back on my feet I take a second to compose myself a bit and say to Jinny:

"You know I'm always good for it bro. Eventually"

And then to NaNICo over the comm:

"Angel's mostly good bro. Couple of geeks showed up outside but they don't look so tough. You seen Triple D around? She ain't been saying anything on the comms."

I take out my Scorpion in case things are going to get messy. Are the herring guards and drone within a couple dozen meters of me?

"What about you Trombone? You good to go?

If we're gonna go we gotta go now before more of them show up bros."

Jintor

Make assumptions! You don't need my say-so for if you have line of sight or range or whatever. If your weapon range is far then Jinny will take you that close up - but those actions play into the fiction, too...

Tubobutts

Make assumptions! You don't need my say-so for if you have line of sight or range or whatever. If your weapon range is far then Jinny will take you that close up - but those actions play into the fiction, too...
Ok I don't want to get too close until everyone is ready to go. I'm assuming we're staying pretty high up until It's covering fire we're leaving now time.

justjim89

You take a left, a right, a straight, past crowds of bystanders trying to take selfies against a strange, darkened street, until you're sure you can circle around back from a direction that nobody's looking for. You dart behind a car and around the corner, back to the front of Zhao's, when a sixth-sense warns you and you flatten yourself against a truck as an armored car hurtles to a stop, smashing into the motorcycle with a casual, violent disregard. Two more Herring 'professionals' get out, one toting a shotgun, the other reaching inside the car and throwing a small ball in the air, which unfurls - a scouter drone. Troseph, what's the make and model? What do you do?

"Fuck... an ASE," I mutter under my breath. Drones have been a thorn in my side for years, but when Herring introduced the All Seeing Eye model things got a lot more worrisome. Motion detection, thermal detection, heat-signature mapping, and a constant direct connection to Herring's security center. It finds you easily, it keeps track of you easily, and it immediately gets the eyes of Herring directly on you. And you can bet whenever they lose one, they'll send two more to take it's place. This is trouble. I'm not sure if comms are still down or not, but I don't exactly have time to take a poll of what to do. If that ASE is out too long, we'll all get made.

I quickly draw my holdout pistol and go for three quick, discreet shots. One each into the heads of the goons, and one more into the propulsion system of the ASE.

Mix it Up: Roll + Meat + Skillwire bonus

(4+6)+1+1=12

Bowlie

Banned
This time I talk, my hands holding the wire:

"Madonna is badly wounded, dude. We need to get out fast and get her some rest. Either bring that beast down so we can hop in, or cover us while we go away on the ground, asap"

Tubobutts

"Let's pick them up and get out of here bro" I say to Jinny.

As we descend I use my Scorpion pistol to provide covering fire for the rest of the team.

Mix it up:(5+6)+1=12, 2 harm loud/quick

Jintor

Mix it Up: Roll + Meat + Skillwire bonus

(4+6)+1+1=12

They never even knew what hit them; they just crumple, fold, collapse, the drone dropping to the ground like so much delicate silicon and plastic. But you've not just bought a precious few moments; you've also brought an Threat Assessment upgrade in any security company's books. You need to move, and move now.

The Angel descends from on high, Goro touting an oversized weapon at anything remotely threatening; but that firepower isn't going to be sufficient when, oh, that Herring HK-Rotorcoptor on the horizon gets here. Good thing the Angel is built for speed. What do you do?

justjim89

I run towards the Angel and look at the others, catching my breath. "Are we good? Do we have it? Because we need to bounce. Herring is coming with backup."

Bowlie

Banned
I hear the engine noises of the Angel and know it's time to go. Together with Madonna D, I make my way out of the building and jump into the aircraft.

Tubobutts

As soon as everyone is on board I signal to Jinny to get the fuck out of here.

'You might want to strap in bros. Just based on personal experience."

And then I find a seat and strap myself in.

Jintor

As soon as we get the go ahead from the boys outside, I would assume we would make for the Angel as fast as possible.

I run towards the Angel and look at the others, catching my breath. "Are we good? Do we have it? Because we need to bounce. Herring is coming with backup."

I hear the engine noises of the Angel and know it's time to go. Together with Madonna D, I make my way out of the building and jump into the aircraft.

As soon as everyone is on board I signal to Jinny to get the fuck out of here.

'You might want to strap in bros. Just based on personal experience."

And then I find a seat and strap myself in.

Hold on to your butts, says Jinny's voice in your earpieces (except you, Duchess), and the sudden burst of G-force slams you back in your seats like a giant, invisible hand. The Angel, a bird that by all rights shouldn't even get off the ground, flies like the dream of a missile, like a thrown knife. Later, you'll find out that it is - technically speaking - the fastest thing in the sky, at least over short distances. For now, all you know is that you can barely move.

But one thing moves faster than the Angel; data. Goro, incoming message on your DriVR. It's from Mr Joey.

>>joey<<
Mr Goro. I understand you have picked up our package.

>>joey<<
We will take delivery at the Grand Amusement. I will be there at 2200.

>>joey<<
You need not concern yourselves with the package's contents. I insist.

The Angel speeds through the void, carrying with it four slightly tarnished souls and one pilot's comatose body. You're safe - for now. What are your opinions on what to do with the data?

---
OOC: Duchess, update to at least 3 xp, as you have all fulfilled mission directives.

The mission will formally end when someone rolls Get Paid. This will have a pretty good Get Paid roll, since you roll +unfilled legwork and you guys didn't make damn near any noise on Legwork, so you'll roll with +5 I'm pretty sure.

10+ Choose 3
7-9 Choose 1
- Meeting doesn't attract attention
- Paid in full
- Not a setup or ambush
- Employer is identifiable
- Learned something; everyone marks xp

Recall of course that Steve Winwood gave duchess a standing offer to unencrypt the data; and, further, that you may perhaps have your own ideas...

Tubobutts

I relay the information from Joey to the rest of the group.

As for what to do with the data:

"Who cares whats on it bro? Let's just give it to Joey. I don't want to lose out on getting my creds because one of their geeks catch us snooping when we shouldn't."

Bowlie

Banned
Agreed. I don't know what could be in that device to be interested in it, no to mention that a lot of people will be looking for this thing after the noise we caused.

Jintor

Okay, majority rule, unless duchess objects... Convincingly.. and I'll remind you that she is currently bleeding and nursing a #rekt arm. Otherwise someone roll get paid with a +5

I'm fine being in too much pain to argue. Im going to want Joey's docs to fix me up as payment for the job- we can do some bargaining when the time for that comes

Tubobutts

I guess I'll roll since Joey's been talking to me

Get Paid:(5+6)+5=16
&#1026;it’s not a set-up or an ambush
&#1026; you are paid in full
&#1026; the meeting doesn’t attract the attention of outside parties

"We've got your junk bro, I believe payment is in order."

The Grand Amusement is a long out of use cruise ship docked in the harbour. The upper decks have been refitted as a bazaar, with lower decks used as housing. Joey would give us an additional location on the ship for where to meet.

Jintor

"We've got your junk bro, I believe payment is in order."

OOC: Okay, so I'm gonna say that Goro will go meet Mr Joey and the rest of you are probably on the lookout nearby or something like that. Maybe Duchess wants to talk terms with him in person?

---

A crowded noodle-cart in the Amusement's Bazaar, the hustle and bustle of the market loud in your ears, strange calligraphies glowing in all directions, shouts and cries filling the reconverted ballroom where a shanty-town of tin shacks sell intricate mechanical wonders and mass-produced foodstuffs. You recognise Mr Joey's distinctive, slightly rumpled suit, his back to you where he sits right at the counter. He's saved you a seat. Goro, you slip next to him and he passes you a steaming bowl of nutri-slush ramen. You hand him the key and he takes it in one clunky, ratchety hand, never turning even to look at you, and he plugs it into where his thumb should be, and flexes it. He chews thoughtfully for a second, seeing things you can't.

"Mr Goro, you came to us recommended highly," he begins, eventually, dabbing at his mouth with a serviette, "and while I cannot say that we - that is to say, my employer - would utilise the methods you have chosen, they have proven effective." He stops for a moment, turns to look at you closely, and tries a different tack. "That is to say - good job, money's in your account."

Duchess, if you want a patch job, now would be the time to say something.
---
You all staked 2 cred, so everybody gains 4 cred. Additionally, there is another 3 cred to share out amongst the group. Also, gain 1 xp for Getting Paid.

Bowlie

Banned
Yeah, yeah, there are a lot of pretty things in this place, but my mouth waters as I look at all those breads on the stand from all over the world. Anpan, Croissants, Kouign-amann, Pão de Queijo... I almost want to spend these extra creds on them, almost.

Seeing what Madonna went through, it would be a dick move if I were to use the money she may very well need right now.

---

That is to say, I take no part on those extra 3 creds.

Tubobutts

'Yeah bro,' I say through a mouth full of slush, "If you ever need the kind of help Goro can provide again, give me a call!"

Unlike NaNICo, Goro would like as much of the 3 extra creds he can get. Plus if Joey won't help Goro probably knows a great doctor.

Well a doctor anyway.
--

Also is this when I can do my Hustling rolls? And can I only do each type of job once?

After the main business is done, I peel away from a stand selling memory discs repurposed as coasters, and approach Mr. Joey. I've managed to clean up prior to getting on the boat, but I still look and feel like hell, left arm still dead, pain every where else. "Think you can find it in your heart to send a note up the ladder and get me a doc? Having two functional arms is kinda necessary in my line of work," saying as nonchalantly as I can muster, while motioning to my limp arm, "I got my eyes on the replacement parts they could use, give me an edge in future ops as well."

justjim89

With our business concluded, I retire to my small little slice of the city and prepare myself a a tea. I can already tell I'll be sore in the morning, but there's a certain satisfaction in a job well done. "Took out a tank in three shots," I mutter to myself pridefully, sipping on my tea. "Still got it."

Jintor

After the main business is done, I peel away from a stand selling memory discs repurposed as coasters, and approach Mr. Joey. I've managed to clean up prior to getting on the boat, but I still look and feel like hell, left arm still dead, pain every where else. "Think you can find it in your heart to send a note up the ladder and get me a doc? Having two functional arms is kinda necessary in my line of work," saying as nonchalantly as I can muster, while motioning to my limp arm, "I got my eyes on the replacement parts they could use, give me an edge in future ops as well."

Joey looks at you calmly for a second, and breaks into a wide smile. "Of course, of course," he says, reaching into one jacket pocket and pulling out a small leather folder of business cards, flicking through them. "I can make some calls, Ma'am... in return for your full co-operation."

Won't even cost you squat to get some new Cyberware - but add the +owned tag by Structuro. You can make up the specifics of the installation and arm at your lesiure

---

Outstanding business: divide the 3 cred. Probably 1 each if Troseph wants no part in it, right?

OOC: I don't have a lot of time to type right now, but how was that? Feedback? This mission worked out mostly but I wasn't a big fan of the way you guys all split up immediately, Troseph and Goro on long-range support, was a bit difficult to get things moving I felt.

Joey looks at you calmly for a second, and breaks into a wide smile. "Of course, of course," he says, reaching into one jacket pocket and pulling out a small leather folder of business cards, flicking through them. "I can make some calls, Ma'am... in return for your full co-operation."

Won't even cost you squat to get some new Cyberware - but add the +owned tag by Structuro. You can make up the specifics of the installation and arm at your lesiure
I'm already +owned by them, it's why I figured I might have to bargain with this fellow so if you wanna take that back that's fine. If you have ideas how I'll be even more owned following the surgery that's cool, I'm good either way

---
Outstanding business: divide the 3 cred. Probably 1 each if Troseph wants no part in it, right?
I'm fine leaving it in an account that any of us can use for mission related expenses - or if someone wants to make a big purchase with it now that's cool too.

OOC: I don't have a lot of time to type right now, but how was that? Feedback? This mission worked out mostly but I wasn't a big fan of the way you guys all split up immediately, Troseph and Goro on long-range support, was a bit difficult to get things moving I felt.
Yeah, we could have had a small team meeting or something just so we have a better understanding of the action / make sure we all have something to do

Tubobutts

Id agree with having the extra creds go into a mission expenses pool.

And also,you didn't answer about whether or not I can only do each job type once per Hustle roll.

Jintor

Reading it I think you're not limited to one of each type or anything. You could do, like, 2 petty thefts or whatever.

Duchess... hmmm. As you're already owned by Structuro... I think perhaps we'll keep going. Just for my reference, which parts of you do you owe to whom again?

/edit So I want to say I don't particularly mind you guys splitting up as such, since it's kind of got this nice heist movie deal to it. I just found it a bit difficult to work out what to do with Troseph and Goro since they were basically spending most of their time hovering outside where the action was. It worked this time, but I can't just keep throwing helicoptors at you... probably.

Well, the next mission will be fun. I could fit a fifth player in if you guys know anyone, since nobody is biting in the GB thread (not even for names - I might just say hang it all and just name NPCs after them anyway)

//edit Also, if you guys have more elements you want me to try and work into this mission, let me know. Since this was a milk run beginner mission (for us to get used to the Sprawl), I didn't want to lean too heavily on the Persona Directives or the Corporate Espionage just yet, but I'm gonna start moving that way I think.

Jintor

Goro, Jinny is leaning against a pillar by where you parked her bike. She holds out a hand.

"You said my ride wouldn't get a scratch on it," she says, twitching her lips. She's got a nose ring, you think, and it flashes a neon blue occasionally; it's somewhat distracting. "And then you went and smashed the Waverton Capitulator yourself. Personally. And I know, I know, you're the cat who went and got the damn thing for me in the first place. But. But."

She holds a hand out, palm out, finger and thumb rubbing together, the universal sign of a person or humanoid expecting to be paid. "That's worth at least another cred, Goro. At least. If you want my services ever again, that is."

Tubobutts

Goro, Jinny is leaning against a pillar by where you parked her bike. She holds out a hand.

"You said my ride wouldn't get a scratch on it," she says, twitching her lips. She's got a nose ring, you think, and it flashes a neon blue occasionally; it's somewhat distracting. "And then you went and smashed the Waverton Capitulator yourself. Personally. And I know, I know, you're the cat who went and got the damn thing for me in the first place. But. But."

She holds a hand out, palm out, finger and thumb rubbing together, the universal sign of a person or humanoid expecting to be paid. "That's worth at least another cred, Goro. At least. If you want my services ever again, that is."
"Right on bro. The money's already in your account duuuuuuuuude" I say to her, "You know old Goro would never let down a bro he owes!"
--

With a bit of downtime I send out a call to the Strollers & Patrollers. Goro always pays the bros he owes, but that's why Goro is always in need of some cash for his stash my man.

First I send out a couple of guys to make Deliveries, we're not as fast as DriVR, but if what you're ordering ain't exactly legal, hey, nobody ever suspects the hot dog truck. For the first one, some lackey working for some shell corporation had managed to get their hands on a competitor's prototype. They needed someone trustworthy and discreet to get it to the big boss man on the other side of town and when you look up "trustworthy and discreet" on the matrix a big ol' picture of Goro stares back at you.

The second delivery job surprised me bro. They just wanted a whole bunch of hot dogs. Now that I think about it, it never occurred to me to ask why.

Then I had the rest of the crew scope out the harbor and jiggle some doorknobs. I mean with security like that, they're practically asking to be robbed bro. You could call it Petty Theft, but if we don't take it someone worse might. We're providing a valuable service to the community if you ask me.

2 Deliveries and 1 Petty Theft Hustling: (6+1)+1=8, one is a diasaster the rest I profit from.

Jintor

At the end of the day you've got a cred in your pocket and some [gear] in your van... and some dang weirdos complaining about a missing truck full of hot dogs that just never showed up. But there's no way that could ever bite you in the arse, right?

Bowlie

Banned
I felt the same, but what I noticed the most was the amount of noise we were making. How close were we to failing the mission? Nice touch with Zhao and Vasces :>

Also, did I fulfill my Violent directive by flushing the guard's head down the toilet and binding the receptionist?

Jintor

You can probably tell from the fact that you offed the backup in one roll that they weren't exactly elites. So you weren't toooo noisy, considering.

I'm gonna play by the rule that partial successes won't raise the meter unless as part of a choice I present to you

Top Bottom