• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2012 | Welcome Home, Space Cowboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroshiki

Fractale had Hanazawa Kana and the first 2 eps looking like some kind of Ghibli movie. Then episode 3 happened and Yamakan showed all of us the middle finger.

cajunator

Banned
Fractale had Hanazawa Kana and the first 2 eps looking like some kind of Ghibli movie. Then episode 3 happened and Yamakan showed all of us the middle finger.

The premise sounds pretty interesting. Fascinating even. I haven't seen the show but I'm willing to give it a shot. What exactly took it off the rails so quickly??

wonzo

Banned
Eiken Dub 2 END

fuckeverything.jpg

this makes school days look like yotsuba. i can't even feel my face anymore.

zeroshiki

The premise sounds pretty interesting. Fascinating even. I haven't seen the show but I'm willing to give it a shot. What exactly took it off the rails so quickly??

Basically, you think its gonna be this light slice of life-y thing along with some commentary on the isolation of man through technology. Instead, by episode 3 there's an event that takes it waaay off the rails into idontgiveafuck.

Good thing KyoAni fired that asshole.

iavi

Sket Dance 50.

I reeeeeaaaaaallllyyyy like the direction they took with that OP. Almost teared up a bit, no lie. It's that kind of depth that makes me place Sket Dance a notch ahead of all the other Jumps in the narrative dept, if only it weren't for all the other short-comings...

The actual episode itself was a lot of fun, and it's good to see that this adaptation is still good, much unlike Beelzebub (which I also checked out an ep from a week ago or so). Bossun & Himeko really are Jumps husbando & waifu. And it's actually kind of funny that I mention Beelzebub, because it executes the exact same dynamic there, but with an execution nowhere near as good as SD. I chalk that up to Beelz's characterization being flat out weak.

cajunator

Banned
Basically, you think its gonna be this light slice of life-y thing along with some commentary on the isolation of man through technology. Instead, by episode 3 there's an event that takes it waaay off the rails into idontgiveafuck.

You've sold me on it. I have to see what you're referring to now. Ill check it out after Chihayafuru. At least the first few episodes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

You mean Okada.

BluWacky

Really? Is that what you thought it was going to be?

I thought it was going to be a Laputa-esque adventure fantasy with some stuff about technology. Instead, it had shitty fanservice jokes, crap characters and ridiculous mood swings.

I mean, it was still a huge disappointment, but obviously from a different perspective. I'd love to see Fractale done my way, I was so hyped for it :(

zeroshiki

You mean Okada.

Well, KyoAni doesn't work with her either. They have Yoshida-bot for that.

I thought it was going to be a Laputa-esque adventure fantasy with some stuff about technology. Instead, it had shitty fanservice jokes, crap characters and ridiculous mood swings.

I mean, it was still a huge disappointment, but obviously from a different perspective. I'd love to see Fractale done my way, I was so hyped for it :(

Well, first episode I thought it was gonna be Kiki or that Ghibli short about raising a planet. Then I thought, hey, Laputa! Then I got
Call of Duty

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Something something writing something something.

Why are we even talking about Fractale anyway?

Well, KyoAni doesn't work with her either. They have Yoshida-bot for that.
Thank god!

cajunator

Banned
Something something writing something something.

Why are we even talking about Fractale anyway?

Thank god!

Because wonzo mentioned it and I have been interested in seeing it, even though people say its terrible. I have to see for myself if I can get enjoyment from it.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Persona 4: The Cartoon 23

I said back in episode 22 that I was surprised they hadn't fucked up the climax of the game with out-of-place comedy or ambient music. Thank God that trend has kept up, but that might as well speak of the source material.
I did, however, not like how sudden Nanako's resurrection was. The game made it clearly obvious that Teddie gave up his terrestrial existence for Nanako's sake, but here it's more muddled

Most importantly, Charlie Tunoku's character in these past few episodes has been handled extremely well. The way he stopped being a silent character while still acting like a cipher for everyone who played the game is masterful, and might as well make the show worth the bother.

The art and animation is just as awful as in the beginning, but if you have kept on watching by now it should no longer remain a hurdle.

The Knight in the Area 11

(melo)drama, or "how to make a sports animu for dummiez". Add to that barebones animation and you have one of the most generic animus I've seen in years. Such dullness should make it easier to appreciate the "real life" theatrics, but every secondary character is so boring it's hard to care.

At least it doesn't have lolis. :/

Korra no Densetsu 01

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW 3D

Very promising start for the show of the season. It's a fish-out-of-water story unlike the first show, where Aang was played as a leftover of a previous generation but didn't really have to cope with the cultural changes that arose from that. Korra being a more upfront character makes for a different type of introductory episode -it establishes the setting of the new world while briefly explaining the basics of the lore. And it helps that she exudes exuberance in everything she does, making it very easy to root for compared to the likes of most protagonists in the Japanese side of things.
Tien Zin is so tsundere for Korra.

Ozma 01

In ten words: seventies animu made with twenty-first century techniques and idiosincracies. It goes beyond the character designs: the comedy is decidedly out of another era (see "anime falling"), not to mention everything feels very... "unfetishistic"? Sam is definitely not a post-Evangelion main protagonist, and the rest of the cast is so colourful it reminds me of a jRPG of yore.

It's nothing truly astounding but I'm very much enjoying the change of pace this show brings to the table.#CautiouslyOptimistic

Lagrange 11

I remember hating the battle in episode six? seven? because despite going into space it took no advantage of the added dimension -it was all shooting and flying without any sense of weight or dynamics like in the first three episodes. It was handled much better now, having some fancy moves to spice up the action that had eventually devolved into another law of ninjutsu charade.
So here's where Madoka gets all Shinji and shit right?

Zero no Tsukaima F 11

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ;_;

FUCK
SHIT
WHAAAAAAAAAAGH
that fadeout was sooooo eighties

Mirai Nikki 22

d'awwwww :')
Yukiteru X Akise is my OTP

oh my god the massacre is stratospheric :( WHAT THAT'S THE CLIFFHANGER FUCK YOUUUUUUUU

I still don't get why it's okay to show men getting knifed but not women.

Chihayafuru 24

Nobody wishes to see the beautiful cherry blossoms indeed. My dreams, my fantasies, my late night faps... :(

This is definitely not a show I would recommend to marathon. Like all sports shows the interest wanes the longer the show focuses on the competition, and unless you are truly invested into the game you will find little to latch on. Chihayafuru's break from romance antics will exasperate some, especially when there are even episodes of nothing but the protagonists watching other people play karuta. Oh well.

oh god i'm only halfway through what the shit

Persona 4: The Cartoon 24

The
Adachi
-rape face is even worse in the cartoon. D:

It's hilarious how they try to incorporate the dungeon-crawling/monster-battling aspects of the game every time one of those appears and they always fail at making it relevant.

...there's only one more episode of this? Are they gonna withhold the true end for the Blu-Rays? That's like, messed up. It's like fucking DLC for anime.

The Knight in the Area 12

The one thing I never see in football animu is forwards missing the goal entirely. It's either an incredible save at the last second by the keeper/a defender or a goalfest that end up in the double digits. Where's the realism man?

Much more entertaining than the previous episode, even if it remains football for dummiez. Get ready to sing some GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLes.

Korra no Densetsu 02

Tien Zin > Bo Lin > Mako for Korra's OTP plz

we do shipping here right? i forgot if we did shipping here

Ozma 02

I liked the first OP more. :(

I'm gonna assume you fuckers hate this because it doesn't have moé and lolis and like it's space battles but not really because they are in the sand. Well screw you jerks, this is manime. Stuff like this is what I envision when I hear the term Star Trek anime, not fucking Boring Space Not Pirates.

Lagrange 12

yo guys remember when you were all like "why can't two girls just be friends why can't it just be nakamaship instead of yuri" and i was like "lol this is anime"? 'cause I remember that.
omg dat chihayafuru fanservice that tingles my nerd bone [/hyperventilates]

Lagrange FIN

It's probably a bit disingenuous to judge this show before the second part has even aired. Even so, I am rather eager to assert that it was the most entertaining and most competently-produced show of the Winter, fanservice put aside (or perhaps because of it?). It may not have been perfect, but it was certainly maru. 4/5 Muginami bouncy boobs

Zero no Tsukaima F 12
I'm sorry, how am I supposed to hate on this? Louise was my first Kugiloli. I cannot possibly get mad at the stupid arse plot that doesn't make any goddamn sense (
why the fuck did anyone in the real world let Saito near an F14 and WHY THE FUCK did he know how to pilot one?
) or the otaku-baiting or the dumb arse ways they named the spells and the boobs and the dfc look seriously this is anime at its worst and at its best at the same time. I live for shit like this. I was tearing up when
Saito asked Louise's hand
. That's how much I cared, okay?

Zero no Tsukaima F FIN

needs more pregnant kugilolis/10
that's like 4/5 in trashy fanservice harem hijinx terms

Mirai Nikki 23

please tell me i'm not the only one with a hard-on
I KNEW THERE WAS TIME TRAVEL INVOLVED

Chihayafuru 25

Who the fuck writes out emoticons irl? Like seriously?

Chihayafuru FIN

A work that manages to overcome the source material's problems (karuta) through skillful direction and intense animation. About the only drawback I can find is that it ends too soon for obvious reasons. I would certainly be up for a second season, but...

This may be Madhouse's swan song, but it surely is a beautiful and fun one. 4/5

cajunator

Banned
I'll post my impressions of it, and exactly what I think of the change when I watch it.
I may very well end up as bitter as you guys are about it, but maybe there's a chance I wont.

iavi

Persona 4: The Cartoon 23

Most importantly, Charlie Tunoku's character in these past few episodes has been handled extremely well. The way he stopped being a silent character while still acting like a cipher for everyone who played the game is masterful, and might as well make the show worth the bother.

Yeah, that's what I found most impressive about the show too. Though I'd say it kicked in earlier on--around ep 14~15. Really impressed, actually.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yeah, that's what I found most impressive about the show too. Though I'd say it kicked in earlier on--around ep 14~15. Really impressed, actually.
They've kicked it up a notch lately. Kind of necessary considering the heavy stuffz they are dealing with.
I don't really know much about ZnF, but
isn't it Saito's thing that he can use any weapon?
Look I just watched eight straight hours of anime I may have erased some memories in order to not overload my brain with stupidity.

frostbyte

I knew it was in trouble when Yamakan seriously talked about saving anime.

Didn't he say he was going to give up directing anime if Fractale failed or something? I remember him giving a whole diatribe about how K-ON is moeshit and Fractale will be the second coming of anime.

Fractale was crap and bombed so why is he still directing stuff?

zeroshiki

I knew it was in trouble when Yamakan seriously talked about saving anime.

Do you guys know that Yamakan got into a twitter pissing match over some innocuous comments by the Un-Go and FMA writer? The Noitamina producer had to step in and tell them to cut it out and Yamakan was whining all throughout :lol

Conclusion, everyone should ignore Yamakan.

wonzo

Banned
Didn't he say he was going to give up directing anime if Fractale failed or something? I remember him giving a whole diatribe about how K-ON is moeshit and Fractale will be the second coming of anime.

Fractale was crap and bombed so why is he still directing stuff?
The motives of The Saviour of Anime™ Yamakan are beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals.

iavi

They've kicked it up a notch lately. Kind of necessary considering the heavy stuffz they are dealing with.

Nice. I'm just waiting for it to finish so I can continue my marathon without hurdles.

----

Bleach 366

Couldn't do it. Couldn't even finish the ep. Not that it was bad, because it wasn't actually at all--quite the opposite--but that I told myself that I said goodbye to the anime with the ep where Ichigo gave a heartfelt goodbye to Rukia and lost his powers.--the end of the Aizen arc, 26somthing or so. THAT was the perfect end to Bleach, the series, not just the animu, but the whole damn thing. This ep, in turn, while good, felt like I was watching some extraneous addendum. Just... No.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nice. I'm just waiting for it to finish so I can continue my marathon without hurdles.

----

Bleach 366

Couldn't do it. Couldn't even finish the ep. Not that it was bad, because it wasn't actually at all--quite the opposite--but that I said I told myself that I said goodbye to the anime with the ep where Ichigo gave a heartfelt goodbye to Rukia and lost his powers.--the end of the Aizen arc, 26somthing or so. THAT was the perfect end to Bleach, the series, not just the animu, but the whole damn thing. This ep, in turn, while good, felt like I was watching some extraneous addendum. Just... No.

Just merge it with Gintama. That way, Gintama doesn't have to take a year off!

cajunator

Banned
Chihayafuru 18

Now I'm starting to see the heavier focus on the game itself that was the subject of some people's complaints about this show. however, it works for me. The same way the highly technical nature of Mouretsu Pirates initial episodes gave a very detailed impression of how that world works. I really appreciate this sort of thing in anime and do not find it boring or filler in the slightest.

that said, Chihaya
plays her first Class A match and loses to an older woman. she learns that speed and reflexes are not everything in Karuta and learns that she needs to refine her techniques further. She has a high fault count and must reduce it if she's ever going to become worthy of Queen.
Following this, match, Chihaya
goes to watch her friends in the finals, only to see that they are competing against each other directly. she attempts to learn what she can from the way each of them plays, as it will help her overall Karuta technique.

To say this show is a complete privilege to watch is an understatement. I love this show a ridiculous amount and it has little to do with how cute Kana or Chihaya are, although that never hurts.

If he seriously said that, then wow. Fuck that guy.
Let your work do the talking.

zeroshiki

He did and Fractale went on to sell 800 copies first volume and spawn an internet meme about Fractales being a unit of (terrible) sales.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
To say this show is a complete privilege to watch is an understatement. I love this show a ridiculous amount and it has little to do with how cute Kana or Chihaya are, although that never hurts.
I ended up loving and hating the finale because it bombed in sales so we are never getting a second season. :(

Inu x Boku SS 1 - So I decided to try this out because it seemed to do well, and I'd been meaning to probably try it sometime anyway... and I'm glad I did, because it's pretty good. I like the characters, and the story, while nothing unique, seems like it could be decently good. The mixture of drama, action, and fanservice is a bit odd, sort of, but eh, I guess it works. I just found going from her internal monologue about her problems and unhappy life, to things like slow, panning "changing clothes" scenes, kind of dissonant. There are also humorous elements, and they at least fit in well.

The main character is a girl who acts insulting like she's better than everyone (tsun, essentially), but knows she's doing that and doesn't like it. She wants to change herself, but it's not so easy... oh, and she, and the other characters, are all
half-demons with superpowers
too. She also has a completely obsessed follower guy who is determined to be her servant/protector whether she wants it or not. The first episode's good, and first introduces the lead, the place, the protector guy, and some of the other people who live there. Then there's a bit of action, to show what they can do when bothered. Overall, the story and character elements are probably done the best, but the overall mix of the show works pretty well, and I'll definitely be watching more -- it's a good show.

The only one that has yet to get an anime sure sounds like a shitpile.

Sounds like a J.C. Staff project.
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? Yeah, that's it. I read the four chapters of the manga that are out so far a few days ago, and apart from the incest element (his sister loves him, but he doesn't return her affections, so far at least), I enjoyed it. It's bad, and very generic, but it's a fun bad and generic, somewhat along the lines of stuff like IS. There are magic powers, a high school full of people with magical powers, a "future" setting that's basically identical to modern Japan except for random bits of technology, and more!

The main character is a very good student in terms of testing, but he has no magic power except for some super-awesome power that he can't normally use (I don't know what it is yet, hasn't been seen this early on, just referenced by him and his sister), so he has somewhat low self-esteem and doesn't like people who praise him for his academic ability because he believes that without the ability to usually use magic he does deserve to be denigrated, or something. So yeah, he's a solidly generic lead, with power that he can't always use and an "underdog" who's the best.

The school he goes to has two tiers, each with 100 students per grade; the upper tier is of people with ability, the lower tier is replacements who'll move to the upper tier as people drop out, give up, or get hurt. He's in the lower tier of course.

And naturally, he starts gathering up a harem almost immediately. His sister -- who does have powerful magic and is #1 in the (upper tier) class, but believes that he should be instead of course -- is one of them, but there are also at least three other girls, including the school president (who praises him for his good grades), and several girls from his class.

If it keeps selling, I would imagine it well might get an anime someday. If it's as averagely amusing as the manga I'd watch.

To be fair you and firehawk have posted about asian live-action dramas in these threads before. Just saying, although I don't want this thread to be full of Avatar discussion either.
True, but those don't actually get into the OPs. I think that's the issue, not the mentions but that it's in the OP.

Hell yeah, more yuri mahjong = happy frostbyte.
I was sooooooo disappointed that GONZO died soon after Saki ended... I want my season 2 of Saki :(
Actually, Gonzo didn't make the whole first season -- they fell apart during production, so it was completed by a different studio. But yeah, its collapse did make me worry as well. It's great it's finally getting another season. It wasn't just that that derailed another season sooner, though -- the other, more important problem is the amount of material. You see, the anime got somewhat close to the end of the manga material in that first season, and it expanded on it along the way too. There is more now of course, but there still isn't enough material for another whole 26-episode season. Of course, the manga's extremely slow pace over the past six months hasn't helped that at all, but at least we've gotten the spinoff series Achiga (which is the one getting animated here) and Biyori (a 4koma gag manga) that are drawn by other artists but written by the main series writer/artist, so she's not just not doing anything, just spreading things across more series now.

Hopefully, whenever the main manga actually gets far enough to have enough chapters for another season, it'll get one. Oh, and as I've said before, the #1 thing I want from the Achiga anime is more detail along the way; the manga REALLY rushes things sometimes. Hopefully the additional time of an anime gives them the space to expand on things, it's needed. I know that as the title suggests it's a side-story, but it doesn't need to go as fast as it does in the manga.

and I'm sure they'll find some other food to cross product if it's not tacos...
The characters certainly each have their quirks, but I forget offhand if any have a specific food attachment...

Nanami is the best OS-tan.
Some of the Vista-tan designs are among the better ones (the one with the transparent part-skirt, not the red and white one), but I feel bad for poor ME-tan... that OS isn't as bad as everyone says, darnit! Sure it crashes all the time, but I still like it. :)

Bleach 366

Couldn't do it. Couldn't even finish the ep. Not that it was bad, because it wasn't actually at all--quite the opposite--but that I told myself that I said goodbye to the anime with the ep where Ichigo gave a heartfelt goodbye to Rukia and lost his powers.--the end of the Aizen arc, 26somthing or so. THAT was the perfect end to Bleach, the series, not just the animu, but the whole damn thing. This ep, in turn, while good, felt like I was watching some extraneous addendum. Just... No.

End of Aizen arc would have been the perfect finale if there weren't like a billion loose thread still. I would be absolutely pissed if the series ended without us seeing the Royal Guard (which still might be a possibility).

cajunator

Banned
Inu x Boku SS 1 - So I decided to try this out because it seemed to do well, and I'd been meaning to probably try it sometime anyway... and I'm glad I did, because it's pretty good. I like the characters, and the story, while nothing unique, seems like it could be decently good. The mixture of drama, action, and fanservice is a bit odd, sort of, but eh, I guess it works. I just found going from her internal monologue about her problems and unhappy life, to things like slow, panning "changing clothes" scenes, kind of dissonant.

The main character is a girl who acts insulting like she's better than everyone (tsun, essentially), but knows she's doing that and doesn't like it. She wants to change herself, but it's not so easy... oh, and she, and the other characters, are all
half-demons with superpowers
too. She also has a completely obsessed follower guy who is determined to be her servant/protector whether she wants it or not. The first episode's good, and first introduces the lead, the place, the protector guy, and some of the other people who live there. Then there's a bit of action, to show what they can do when bothered. Overall, the story and character elements are probably done the best, but the overall mix of the show works pretty well, and I'll definitely be watching more -- it's a good show.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei? Yeah, that's it. I read the four chapters of the manga that are out so far a few days ago, and apart from the incest element (his sister loves him, but he doesn't return her affections, so far at least), I enjoyed it. It's bad, and very generic, but it's a fun bad and generic, somewhat along the lines of stuff like IS. There are magic powers, a high school full of people with magical powers, a "future" setting that's basically identical to modern Japan except for random bits of technology, and more!

The main character is a very good student in terms of testing, but he has no magic power except for some super-awesome power that he can't normally use (I don't know what it is yet, hasn't been seen this early on, just referenced by him and his sister), so he has somewhat low self-esteem and doesn't like people who praise him for his academic ability because he believes that without the ability to usually use magic he does deserve to be denigrated, or something. So yeah, he's a solidly generic lead, with power that he can't always use and an "underdog" who's the best.

The school he goes to has two tiers, each with 100 students per grade; the upper tier is of people with ability, the lower tier is replacements who'll move to the upper tier as people drop out, give up, or get hurt. He's in the lower tier of course.

And naturally, he starts gathering up a harem almost immediately. His sister -- who does have powerful magic and is #1 in the (upper tier) class, but believes that he should be instead of course -- is one of them, but there are also at least three other girls, including the school president (who praises him for his good grades), and several girls from his class.

If it keeps selling, I would imagine it well might get an anime someday. If it's as averagely amusing as the manga I'd watch.

True, but those don't actually get into the OPs. I think that's the issue, not the mentions but that it's in the OP.

Actually, Gonzo didn't make the whole first season -- they fell apart during production, so it was completed by a different studio. But yeah, its collapse did make me worry as well. It's great it's finally getting another season. It wasn't just that that derailed another season sooner, though -- the other, more important problem is the amount of material. You see, the anime got somewhat close to the end of the manga material in that first season, and it expanded on it along the way too. There is more now of course, but there still isn't enough material for another whole 26-episode season. Of course, the manga's extremely slow pace over the past six months hasn't helped that at all, but at least we've gotten the spinoff series Achiga (which is the one getting animated here) and Biyori (a 4koma gag manga) that are drawn by other artists but written by the main series writer/artist, so she's not just not doing anything, just spreading things across more series now.

Hopefully, whenever the main manga actually gets far enough to have enough chapters for another season, it'll get one. Oh, and as I've said before, the #1 thing I want from the Achiga anime is more detail along the way; the manga REALLY rushes things sometimes. Hopefully the additional time of an anime gives them the space to expand on things, it's needed. I know that as the title suggests it's a side-story, but it doesn't need to go as fast as it does in the manga.

The characters certainly each have their quirks, but I forget offhand if any have a specific food attachment...

Some of the Vista-tan designs are among the better ones (with the transparent part-skirt), but I feel bad for poor ME-tan... that OS isn't as bad as everyone says, darnit! Sure it crashes all the time, but I still like it. :)

Glad to see you're enjoying Inu X Boku SS. They also did Ben-to, and judging by positive reactions to that show I'd say they are on a roll for a relatively new studio. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. If its interesting, I'm there.

As for that magic technology manga, the way you describe it sounds like Kazuki from Maburaho definitely. Only he didnt have a little sister to protect or anything. Instead he had three girls who wanted his genes. That's such a blatant fanservice panderbait that it's hard not to be amused by it. Will be hard to top Maburaho.

As for ME-tan, she is definitely the most squeeworthy of the OS-tans and her clumsiness is a HUGE part of that. She is unique in that her OS was pretty much a failure and it makes you feel sorry for her.

iavi

End of Aizen arc would have been the perfect finale if there weren't like a billion loose thread still. I would be absolutely pissed if the series ended without us seeing the Royal Guard (which still might be a possibility).

Exactly! I'm actually kind of mad that Kubo wasted that perfect end with a fake-out and subsequent time-skip only to continue on as if he's never going to answer any questions anyway. At this point, I'm really pass the point of caring, and content with just believing that Isshin is God or something, or I'll read a fanfic or some shit. It'd be better written anyway.

Every forum is getting it's own Community sub-forum now? I'm never going to be able to find an old thread ever again unless I'm subbed to it.

edit: Wait, what? The Community sub-forums are just threads which are in Community but which are relevant to Gaming or OT?

Steroyd

fyi gokujo episode 10 was banned because it involves a toothbrush being used in a way not even nise was gonna touch. think about it...

But they already stuck an electric toothbrush up her nose... oh no, don't tell it was like that other banned episode. D:

How will anime be saved by non-anime?

The same way nintendo saved the gaming industry with it's non-games.

I keep thinking to myself, "just how bad can Guilty Crown be"?
I have yet to find out but I highly doubt it's as terrible as some of the dreck I have witnessed.

No it isn't, neither does it become anymore fabulous than episode 12.

Guilty Crown had great music and Inori.

That's a funny way of spelling Ayase.

Noirulus

Ozma 02

I liked the first OP more. :(

I'm gonna assume you fuckers hate this because it doesn't have moé and lolis and like it's space battles but not really because they are in the sand. Well screw you jerks, this is manime. Stuff like this is what I envision when I hear the term Star Trek anime, not fucking Boring Space Not Pirates.

It's just completely forgettable apart from the soundtrack. I'll still watch it but my expectations are low (so I can profit if it does a 180)

Steroyd

I'm pretty sure Rie could just sit around and do nothing while checks from her previous work on FMA and Gintama arrived every few weeks.

Why does everyone keep forgetting Fairy Tail... oh...

Glad to see you're enjoying Inu X Boku SS. They also did Ben-to, and judging by positive reactions to that show I'd say they are on a roll for a relatively new studio. Can't wait to see what they come up with next. If its interesting, I'm there.

That's interesting, one thing both Inu x Boku and Ben-To has in common, is that they peter out towards the end of both series, that said Ben-To did end on a strong note.

iavi

David Production aren't really new. They were just a piece-work studio before taking on Ristorante Paradiso (Which was fab) for themselves in 2009. Go backwards, if you haven't already, cajun, everyone needs to see the old-man moe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom