• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the current season of Minami-Ke. This thing really continues to just be a joy to watch.

Though I do have a whole raft of questions about certain plots and whether they will ever move forward or just be eternal like the Simpsons or something. Like Mako-chan ever coming out to Chiaka and Haruka or whether Hosaka will ever approach Haruka.
Not going to happen , they will stay forever in their grades mako-chan will keep trying to not be a trap , fujioka won't get kana and hosaka will keep his delusions.

If they do change one of these things then it'll be end game..i mean it'll be at the end of this anime.
The Unlimited: Hyoubu Kyousuke 11:

This whole final arc is an orgy of stupid, yet I find myself more disturbed by the fact that a character is using a katana to deflect laser blasts like physical projectiles than anything. It's the little things that put me over the edge.
Wasn't that a illusion shapped katana . The baton had some of the esper power on it that's why he was able to deflect things he wouldn't be able to otherwise ?

No one mentioned that Senyu s2 is coming this summer?
tumblr_mh2szxEfym1r1q06do1_500.jpg

/XX/

Even among all the news coming lately, from ACE and such, I thought someone would have mentioned this already; CENCOROLL 2 is alive and some production material has been shown at the event:

ACEで展示されていたアニメ制作資料を見てきた - ぬるヲタが斬る -
http://nuruwota.blog4.fc2.com/blog-entry-2698.html

And Aniplex Inc., thankfully still promotes the first part too, as seen in the last fragment of the following video:

Imaishi/Trigger's new show is $$Aniplex$$: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSo-Tu38oM4

Hopefully it'll have a budget surpassing Gurren Lagann. Lol.
Old! Look at this watermark, man!

Now seriously, I hope so as well in regards to the budget. And also for this upcoming series, even taking into account Mr. Imaishi's talent and charisma to make many very capable friends from the industry on-board on his projects, to go over-budget after all:

World Premiere of Gurren Lagann's Documentary at Fanime - Anime Vice said:
Q) The tv series looks really expensive. What was the budget and did it exceed it?
A) It's usually 120,000 USD per episode. GAINAX already was had their sponsor group meeting prior to the series being made. They were already set in getting 150,000 - 160,000 USD. They would usually end up spending 180,000 to 200,000 USD per episode so they'd go over the budget. They would make up for this loss in merchandise and holding licenses.
http://www.animevice.com/gurren-lag...rren-laganns-documentary-at-fanime/97-204017/

Waiting until they really end up blowing 40% of the money for the last story arc of it!

Ultimadrago

So
Nichijou S2 announced

Finally, anime is really saved.

...Wait a second.

I'm being made a mod tomorrow

I would mind this less than you think!

Even among all the news coming lately, from ACE and such, I thought someone would have mentioned this already; CENCOROLL 2 is alive and some production material has been shown at the event:

/XX/, I didn't see your impressions on Little Witch Academia!

Did you simply appreciate it quietly?

cajunator

Banned

ACEで展示されていたアニメ制作資料を見てきた - ぬるヲタが斬る -
http://nuruwota.blog4.fc2.com/blog-entry-2698.html

And Aniplex Inc., thankfully still promotes the first part too, as seen in the last fragment of the following video:

Old! Look at this watermark, man!

Now seriously, I hope so as well in regards to the budget. And also for this upcoming series, even taking into account Mr. Imaishi's talent and charisma to make many very capable friends from the industry on-board on his projects, to go over-budget after all:

http://www.animevice.com/gurren-lag...rren-laganns-documentary-at-fanime/97-204017/

Waiting until they really end up blowing 40% of the money for the last story arc of it!

Cencoroll was so crazy. Loved that short.

NeonZ

Ixion Saga DT 25 END

This show did the whole "online game" thing far better than that humongous turd known as SAO did and was also far more entertaining to boot, thanks to just how self-aware and full of innuendo it was. Fingers crossed the second season becomes more than just a troll end as it has a shitload of potential to be something great.

Ixion Saga was an advertisement for an online game, but the story itself didn't use an online game as a plot point. Now, it was much more enjoyable than SAO, but I don't think they're really comparable in that sense.

Suite PreCure 3-48 (END)

I don't have any real inclination to dissect what is fundamentally a kids' show, so instead I'm just going to list 48 positive things about it:

1. So fantastically unpretentious.
2. I liked all of the main girls, despite Hibiki being one of my least favourite tropes.
3. It's been a while since I've watched something with unabashed comedy villains. Major Team Rocket nostaglia.
4. Cure Rhythm casually walking away during the climax of her solo finale.
5. Regardless of whether it makes me a terrible person, I thought the ED CGs were neat.
6. Hummy was nowhere near as annoying as I expected him/her (?) to be.
7. Cure Beat's bangin' ahoge.
8. Cheering (er, inside of course) every time a new special move is introduced.
9. Some parts were ridiculously compelling. I honestly thought it'd take me ages to get through it (in bite-sized chunks), rather than just a week.
10. Every time a villain says "nani?!"
11. The absence of fanservice! At least, in the generally recognised meaning of the term.
12. Ellen's fashion sense.
13. Those episodes each new PreCure gets to make themselves appear (temporarily) superior to the others.
14. I FEEL LIKE I'M 12 YEARS OLD AGAIN
15. To my surprise, the Fairy Tones didn't irritate me either. Operation Wake Hibiki Up was cute.
16. Holy shit I'm watching PreCure transformations outside of YouTube.
17. Actually, the transformations deserve to be 2 points. My heart. (spoilers)
18. Kibou Rainbow. Which is also playing as I type this.
19. Recruiting
former adversaries
like it was no thang. Bonus points for new recruits having an acclimatisation period rather than being ready to go immediately.
20. Ellen's one-sided shouting contest with the sea.
21. That moment when you first begin to believe you know who Cure Muse is.
22. Cure Beat busting out awesome special moves without triggering a cutscene.
23. All the familial love makes me feel warm and fluffy.
(INTERMISSION)

25. The finishing techniques = severe Power Rangers / VR Troopers etc flashbacks.
26. WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP
"MELODY HOUSE"
IS APPROACHING FAST!
27. The buildups to the new PreCure reveals were fantastic (both times).
28. To fool your enemies, you must first fool your allies.
29. I am a kinder, more optimistic person for having watched it.
30. I found the school test chapter oddly hilarious. Particularly Hibiki snatching her paper away during the 'stock' purge animation.
31. Ako's attitude / putdowns.
32. Talk no Jutsu during the final battle was surprisingly evocative.
33. Although we didn't see a great deal of them, I liked the supporting cast as well.
34. I've added all the other PreCure series to my backlog.
35. Cure Muse is
filler text Ako filler text
?! Good choice!
36. Actually, that whole reveal episode and followup gets 2 points as well. Best part of the series for me.
37. Ellen's school self-introduction.
38. I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down. Bonus points if it happens after a villain's "nani?"
39. Cure Muse defies design logic by managing to pull off the puffy skirt look.
40. There's something more satisfying / rewarding about having PreCures join after a considerable conflict. Beat & Muse > Melody & Rhythm.
Noise's smile.
Salvation exists for everyone. How positive and life-affirming.
42. Hibiki apologising to
the last Negatone.
43. La La La Suite PreCure isn't Kibou Rainbow tier, but it's still a worthy listen.
44. The colours man, the colours.
45. This is one of the most predictable things I've ever watched. So why are some of the revelations making me go "holy shit?!"
46. I was on the verge of manly tears at times. No, shut up, I don't care.
47. The simplistic, childish undertones which prevented my brain from questioning/objecting to things that I likely would've done with other series.
48. I REALLY ENJOYED IT

Fresh will likely be my next PreCure venture. Though it probably won't be for a while.

/XX/

/XX/, I didn't see your impressions of Little Witch Academia!

Did you simply appreciate it quietly?
Haven't seen it yet! I'll savor it greatly once I receive my limited edition animemirai Blu-ray sold only at ACE!
Yeah, I wish... lucky ones those who really catch one of the mere 1000 copies available...

Anyway, people more eloquent have already expressed it all much better... I'm here to enjoy it even more along with your impressions once I end up watching it, not to post mine!

But GAINAX has always been unable to keep a budget; this isn't new!
Yeah, that's totally a tradition by now!

Cencoroll was so crazy. Loved that short.
Indeed! Waiting what it seems a lot for the long time announced continuation (http://www.ukix.org/nl/?p=1236), but, well... solo works take their sweet time like that!

Please Mr. Uki, keep Aniplex Inc., happy so they continue financing you well!

cajunator

Banned
Suite PreCure 3-48 (END)

I don't have any real inclination to dissect what is fundamentally a kids' show, so instead I'm just going to list 48 positive things about it:

1. So fantastically unpretentious.
2. I liked all of the main girls, despite Hibiki being one of my least favourite tropes.
3. It's been a while since I've watched something with unabashed comedy villains. Major Team Rocket nostaglia.
4. Cure Rhythm casually walking away during the climax of her solo finale.
5. Regardless of whether it makes me a terrible person, I thought the ED CGs were neat.
6. Hummy was nowhere near as annoying as I expected him/her (?) to be.
7. Cure Beat's bangin' ahoge.
8. Cheering (er, inside of course) every time a new special move is introduced.
9. Some parts were ridiculously compelling. I honestly thought it'd take me ages to get through it (in bite-sized chunks), rather than just a week.
10. Every time a villain says "nani?!"
11. The absence of fanservice! At least, in the generally recognised meaning of the term.
12. Ellen's fashion sense.
13. Those episodes each new PreCure gets to make themselves appear (temporarily) superior to the others.
14. I FEEL LIKE I'M 12 YEARS OLD AGAIN
15. To my surprise, the Fairy Tones didn't irritate me either. Operation Wake Hibiki Up was cute.
16. Holy shit I'm watching PreCure transformations outside of YouTube.
17. Actually, the transformations deserve to be 2 points. My heart. (spoilers)
18. Kibou Rainbow. Which is also playing as I type this.
19. Recruiting
former adversaries
like it was no thang. Bonus points for new recruits having an acclimatisation period rather than being ready to go immediately.
20. Ellen's one-sided shouting contest with the sea.
21. That moment when you first begin to believe you know who Cure Muse is.
22. Cure Beat busting out awesome special moves without triggering a cutscene.
23. All the familial love makes me feel warm and fluffy.
(INTERMISSION)

25. The finishing techniques = severe Power Rangers / VR Troopers etc flashbacks.
26. WARNING! A HUGE BATTLESHIP
"MELODY HOUSE"
IS APPROACHING FAST!
27. The buildups to the new PreCure reveals were fantastic (both times).
28. To fool your enemies, you must first fool your allies.
29. I am a kinder, more optimistic person for having watched it.
30. I found the school test chapter oddly hilarious. Particularly Hibiki snatching her paper away during the 'stock' purge animation.
31. Ako's attitude / putdowns.
32. Talk no Jutsu during the final battle was surprisingly evocative.
33. Although we didn't see a great deal of them, I liked the supporting cast as well.
34. I've added all the other PreCure series to my backlog.
35. Cure Muse is
filler text Ako filler text
?! Good choice!
36. Actually, that whole reveal episode and followup gets 2 points as well. Best part of the series for me.
37. Ellen's school self-introduction.
38. I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down. Bonus points if it happens after a villain's "nani?"
39. Cure Muse defies design logic by managing to pull off the puffy skirt look.
40. There's something more satisfying / rewarding about having PreCures join after a considerable conflict. Beat & Muse > Melody & Rhythm.
Noise's smile.
Salvation exists for everyone. How positive and life-affirming.
42. Hibiki apologising to
the last Negatone.
43. La La La Suite PreCure isn't Kibou Rainbow tier, but it's still a worthy listen.
44. The colours man, the colours.
45. This is one of the most predictable things I've ever watched. So why are some of the revelations making me go "holy shit?!"
46. I was on the verge of manly tears at times. No, shut up, I don't care.
47. The simplistic, childish undertones which prevented my brain from questioning/objecting to things that I likely would've done with other series.
48. I REALLY ENJOYED IT

Fresh will likely be my next PreCure venture. Though it probably won't be for a while.

Nice to see some love for Suite. I have to say it is musically compelling and I will likely enjoy it a lot.

What episode are you in? The show hits a groove around the episode thirty mark.

TRIGGER set up a lot of lore in those twenty minutes that seems like a corner point towards building an actual television series around. Maybe that will be their next project after the new Imaishi animu? [/fanwank]
I think around 27 or so when the first arc ended.

Ultimadrago

Haven't seen it yet! I'll savor it greatly once I receive my limited edition animemirai Blu-ray sold only at ACE!
Yeah, I wish... lucky ones those who really catch one of the mere 1000 copies available...

Anyway, people more eloquent have already expressed it all much better... I'm here to enjoy it even more along with your impressions once I end up watching it, not to post mine!

But you are one of the most well-spoken posters. :( I would have enjoyed reading your thoughts...

Well, I guess your helpful news contributions will have to do!

/XX/

I just mentioned the 'limited edition release' status of the animemirai Blu-ray, and Masahiko Ōtsuka has spoken, right about now, pointing out the difficulties of obtaining one at the event and the possibility of offering a new further-down-the-road digital disc release (https://twitter.com/tuka_trg/status/318726195862728704), asking for general people's opinion on matters like a possible sweet-spot for a price, that they would be willing to pay for this type of things, and more (https://twitter.com/tuka_trg/status/318726486771257345).

I really wish TRIGGER Inc., would release Little Witch Academia as a standalone product, with better availability, all by themselves... for example like Telecom Animation Film did at its time for their own short Grandfather's Lamp:

テレコムアニメーションフィルム
http://www.telecom-anime.com/mailorder.html

But you are one of the most well-spoken posters. :( I would have enjoyed reading your thoughts...

Well, I guess your helpful news contributions will have to do!
O.K., O.K., thanks my friend. I'll post impressions the moment I watch Little Witch Academia...
now I have the additional pressure of not disappointing you after what you said here!

lol

You have returned from the Land of (3D) Movies!
Perhaps only a visit?
Yup. But expect them to be more common from now on. I've hoarded an interest in that lonely corner called Japanese independent animation, and ditties like LWA are cool too.
You guys are required to call me if a discussion about Osumi comes up
!

Kurita

Ryuusei No Kizuna END

WHADDATWIST! The real culprit was... unexpected to say the least.
But of course, at the end of the day, everybody is happy.

Oh well, that was an excellent drama.

Dragoshi1

Okay, so, well, using the Crunchyroll app on PS3, waiting for Love Live! final episode, so I decide to start watching Hunter X Hunter.

It's alright so far, only got 2 eps down, love the monster designs, will there be more?

Also, is it focused on them hunting down large monsters like a non-food focused Toriko?

Syrinx

Princess Tutu 10

Duck, being as absent-minded as she is, loses her pendant in the previous confrontation with Fakir and leaves it behind. But being a duck does have its advantages though, and it allows her to do some recon on Fakir, and learns a pretty good deal about him in the process.

Turns out Fakir actually met Mytho when he was really young (though Mytho appears to have been the same age he is now, implying that he doesn't age). Fakir was friendly to him at first. But then Mytho, being the protective prince that he is, goes and saves a bird from a fire. This upset Fakir greatly, so he grow cold toward him and tells him to do what he says, and he'll protect him.

So, I guess Fakir does care about Mytho after all. However, he's also a pathetic coward. He keeps Mytho isolated from others because he's afraid that if they get put in danger that Mytho will try to save them. And he's afraid that if Mytho gets his heart back, he will start to do things like this autonomously, and try to consciously help people in need. But goddamn, trying to keep him isolated from everyone else and telling him to stay away from anyone who tries to get close to him? All because he's too scared to protect Mytho when he gets into danger? Yeah, he might not be evil, but he still sucks.

Episode ends with a trippy "wedding" sequence between Kraehe and Mytho. But then Fakir comes and gets rid of her. Kraehe seems to have these moments in these encounters where she just freezes up and disappears. Wonder what that's about. I'll have to pay closer attention in the coming episodes.

Oh, also,
Fakir finds out Duck is Princess Tutu. Way to go, Duck. Now you're probably screwed.

Steroyd

Okay, so, well, using the Crunchyroll app on PS3, waiting for Love Live! final episode, so I decide to start watching Hunter X Hunter.

It's alright so far, only got 2 eps down, love the monster designs, will there be more?

Also, is it focused on them hunting down large monsters like a non-food focused Toriko?

The focus is mainly on Gon and his adventures which varies, yes there will be more monsters, that said the monsters per se dissapear for a while but the latest upcoming arc will be chock full of them.

The beginning is a bit frantic because they're trying to do with what happened with Fullmetal Alchemist and rush through the beggining because the original had already covered it, although I wonder why they made that decision because they're going to have to frontload a certain character's story at the end of the currently running arc.

Kurita

Nope.

Theonik

Ryo
This was like the exact opposite of Little Witch Academia. Pretty incredible that they both came from the same scheme to say the least. Watching it was suffering but it certainly had its crowning moments of hilarity too. It also featured "nice" boats so I guess there's that. From the little I understood of the plot not actually being able to grasp the dialogue also saved me much grief.
Now to watch Little Witch Academia again to wash this garbage from my mouth.

Yeah, I do too.
image.php

jbug617

Banned
Date A Live 1

I really don't know what I just watched really. Show opened up with destruction and then 1 second later it's a panty shot. The plot seems really crazy from
having a gullible sister that ends up being a total hard ass commander and one way to fight the spirits is to make them fall in love with you. I guess this a version of The World God Only Knows.
Will watch a couple of more episodes to see if sticks or not.

Lain

Bodacious Space Pirates 18-26

I finally got to see the end to this. Such a nice show, full of feel good moments. I think I enjoyed the relaxed nature of the show, where everything is more or less as simple as it appears.
Finishing it also reminded me how cool the ED song is and also how nice the OP is. It also reminded me how awful Omigawa's voice is, but luckily she had really few sentences and appearances.

I enjoyed seeing Marika add girls to her "harem" and I wish I could see more of this show. I wonder if there will be a follow-up one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom