• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2016 |OT| Get a Season So Complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.
The visuals are giving little to wonder about beyond what already happened in season 1. I'm not sure if it's intentional or there's really nothing on season 2 :p

Well, the music club's competitive 'career' will obviously advance a bit further after winning the competition in S1 and other than that plot line it's all about the mostly good characterization and character development.

In that regard I maybe shouldn't complain about this key at since it does hint at the direction Kumiko and Asuka are heading. Still, even if it's relatively packed with meaning, it's still a fairly mundane shot.

Cornbread78

I thought you'd want to get people in off-topic to watch, not scare them away :p

I'm just going to do it for SAO and just watch it blow up; the hate reviews alone would be interesting to read, lol.

I'll have to take a closer look around and see if I can find other options...

Mokoi

Banned
I'm just going to do it for SAO and just watch it blow up; the hate reviews alone would be interesting to read, lol.

I'll have to take a closer look around and see if I can find other options...

Mushishi could be a good show. I feel like it has always gone unnoticed. Although I'm not sure just never seen any buzz about it.

Trainwreck - 10

80Sf9jT.jpg

No Mumei, why'd you think that?!?

As per usual, everyone and everything was stupid.

I liked how Biba was so pleased by his key-swap shenanigans when that didn't even do a thing. "Good thing you couldn't open the door all of us stepped through 3 seconds later. Dayum, I'm smart."

I've yet to understand why Biba cares so much for Mumei to begin with. Seems like he has a metric crapton of people equally as strong and loyal and it certainly couldn't be for the smarts she does not have. At least they justified why they let the captured Ikoma live. (male Kabaneri are supposedly rare).

From how it was framed I wouldn't be surprised if neither Takumi nor Ikoma die for good. Ikoma did not get his heart pierced after all. Wish they were, though. The less morons remain alive the better.

This episode opened with another "only the strong survive" talk yet again. Unbelievable.

duckroll

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 24 (End)

The last two episodes should really have been a 6 episode arc instead. It's clearly heavily condensed as it is. I liked the thematic point of the finale, but somehow I just don't feel it had the necessary impact. By condensing the story as such, it felt like they tried to do way too much in too short a time, and a lot of if just didn't resonate with me. The animation was great though, and the music was pretty damn bitchin'. Mad props to the production. To Aikawa's credit though, it could have been a lot worse than it ended up being. Lol.

Clov

Also, could anyone vouch for/against Hourou Musuko? The premise sounds interesting enough that I'll probably end up watching at least the first episode, but it'd always be nice to know if other people have watched it and could share their thoughts with me.

I can vouch for it, it's brilliant. One of my all-time favorites. Beyond the fantastic writing and characters, it has some great visuals. I love the really soft look the series has, it's quite unique. It's also one of a handful of anime I've seen that treat LGBT characters respectfully and not as absurd stereotypes, which quite frankly is a massive plus in its favor. Definitely give it a watch!

Tuck

Concrete Revolutio - Episode 24 (End)

The last two episodes should really have been a 6 episode arc instead. It's clearly heavily condensed as it is. I liked the thematic point of the finale, but somehow I just don't feel it had the necessary impact. By condensing the story as such, it felt like they tried to do way too much in too short a time, and a lot of if just didn't resonate with me. The animation was great though, and the music was pretty damn bitchin'. Mad props to the production. To Aikawa's credit though, it could have been a lot worse than it ended up being. Lol.

Final impression of the show? Worth a watch? From reading some of your impressions week by week, it seems like you enjoyed it.

Wanderer5

Space Patrol Luluco #12

Fucking hell lol.

POWER OF LOVE! Damn what a battle too heh, and Blackholeian has a pretty cool form there.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 12:

Not sure how to feel about this episode as on the one hand it is suitably over the top but on the other hand
I was never really invested in Nova and Luluco hooking up quite honestly.

Eumi

I feel like the secretary firing Overjustice like a shotgun is going to be overlooked, so let me just point out that the secretary was firing Overjustice like a shotgun!

Ascheroth

Lulucop Season 4 FINAL

This. This was amazing. Also lots of gun morphing.
Chief Overjustice is a genius. To combine Lalacos not-justice with his justice to use the repelling justice energy to blast those Blackholeians... What ingenuity.

Onward to Season 5!

I feel like the secretary firing Overjustice like a shotgun is going to be overlooked, so let me just point out that the secretary was firing Overjustice like a shotgun!

Yeah, there was a LOT of stuff going on this episode.

Narag

Concrete Revolutio 24 FIN
Show ended like a big heroes vs villains finale ought and succeeded in fulfilling every promise made in the first cour. Jiro's final role was perfect too. Felt really nice to have invested myself in a show as fully as I did and to not get burned by it like duckroll had warned me Aikawa might given his issues with endings.

Line_HTX

Space PatrOL LULUco 12

pSlVmuS.png

Luluco pose in front of the pirate ship, and Lalaco and everyone else spamming all the lasers at the Blackholeians, including the FINAL SECRETARY FIRE, was vintage Gurren Lagann awesomeness. That was godlike amazing and got me fired up.

Until the final 3 mintutes. I know, I know, they gotta have something somehow and it's supposed to be predictable like that, but that was pretty fucking deflating and lame. Boo.

Oh well, one more episode and hopefully no Imaishi for a while.

Who knew Trigger would have two of the best shows of the season?

I did.

That's who.

As much as I've enjoyed Luluco to an extent, no way it beats Kiznaiver.

Line_HTX

"Duckroll" cycle?

Hey guys, this show is by BONES. It's looking great.
Whoohoo, y'all should watch this. It's the best right now.
It's still doing alright. I don't see anything wrong with this.
I still have hopes for this show. I've never been let down before.
*Final episode or 2nd season starts*
ASD;FAWE;LFJOFERNGH

Ascheroth

Kagewani S2 #12

I was ready to say that this episode was enjoyable because Kagewani-Banba looks awesome and I like the insert songs, but holy fuck was the second half awful.
Thank god this is over next week.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Ushio and Tora Season 2, Episode 12:

I am more than ready for this battle to wrap up and for this series to be done for at this point. This final battle has been one of those JRPG slogfests with the endless talking cutscenes interrupting what little flow of battle there is.

Concrete Revolutio The Last Song
download.png

A surprisingly methodical ending, not throwing the viewer any huge twists. Still, it was a very sweet sendoff for our heroes.
Raito is gonna be okay! ;_;

I'm gonna miss this show guys. I'm gonna miss it so much. I wish it was 50 episodes, because I have complete faith the writers could have done more. Concrete Revolutio isn't a perfect show to be certain, but it's probably going to be my show of year. It may ruffle some feathers, but I think Concrete Revolutio is easily the most ambitious show this year. Other shows don't even come close to the level of collective directed madness on display here. A time hopping non-sequential superhuman exploration of justice, prejudice, national identity, environmental safety, collective humanity, dreams of heroics. At times the show can certainly be messy, go a bit too fast, but it's also one that constantly kept me engaged, guessing, and thinking about. There's no denying it's been a commercial flop, but I suspect the people involved probably knew it was going to be. That said, I think the people who watched it are probably going to remember it, long after its completion.

God I'm gonna miss this show.

giphy.gif

Concrete Revolutio The Last Song

It may ruffle some feathers, but I think Concrete Revolutio is easily the most ambitious show this year.

I can't imagine that ruffling any feathers. Even those who aren't fond of the show have to admit it is excessively ambitious. Just the fact that it attempts to seriously engage on a detailed level with large swaths of 20th century Japanese history makes it more ambitious than most anime ever.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 12:

Probably the best stand battle of the season thus far and also a surprising amount of emotional content contained within.

Qurupeke

Space Patrol Luluco Season 4 Final

This season was great. This episode was a masterpiece. Thanks TRIGGER, thanks Imaishi. Anime is saved.

Dynedom

"Duckroll" cycle?

Hey guys, this show is by BONES. It's looking great.
Whoohoo, y'all should watch this. It's the best right now.
It's still doing alright. I don't see anything wrong with this.
I still have hopes for this show. I've never been let down before.
*Final episode or 2nd season starts*
ASD;FAWE;LFJOFERNGH

Particularly applies to BONES but there have been others. ;)

Might as well just finish the show at this point.

Do we know how long the show even is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom