• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Announces Final Fantasy x GREE and The World Ends With You LIVE Remix

kuroshiki

This is one of the reasons why Final Fantasy doesn't mean shit to me anymore.

Before I would buy a $600 console for one FF game.

Now I wouldn't play it even if someone gives it to me for free. Seriously.

Beth Cyra

Would it really be so hard for them to say "We'll bring Type-0 over at SOME point"? I mean, they can muster the effort for Nomura to announce that he will announce an announcement of an announcement in which he will say "please wait for Versus XIII" ever six months. Can't they say SOMETHING about Type-0?

This is what bugs me. Square makes good games, but then they refuse to localize them.

If the rumors are to be believed then they likely can't because there is no telling if Vita is ever going to catch on in the west and given it's complete tanking in japan, I can't really blame SE for not having much to say when it comes to Type 0.

Heropon

Oh sure, completely forget the amazing Tactics exists when making Dissidia but if a GREE game comes along you can shove it in fast enough

I suppose Dissidia needed more work than grabbing some artwork.

lol @ square reusing those Dissidia character artworks.

I think they've reused artwork used in a TGC that already reused artwork.

EDIT: Yep.

SwRXE.png

LuuKyK

I love the art work in Dissidia though. If nothing else I will always be glad Dissidia was made because of how well Nomura and Amano's styles worked together in it.

Oh don't get me wrong. Dissidia is my portable game of the generation and probably the most played by me until now. I'm just amazed by Square's laziness really... x_x

Beth Cyra

Oh don't get me wrong. Dissidia is my portable game of the generation and probably the most played by me until now. I'm just amazed by Square's laziness really... x_x

Yeah but given the awesome Artwork I don't really mind this time. Combine that with the fact I don't want Nomura pulled from VS, and from what some other posters are saying and how it seems like originality is looked at negativily on this platform I'm okay with this game reussing Dissidia work.

Granted I've never played a Gree game, so I can't really judge it as far as quality compared to other games on the platform.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance

Square's slothitude has been present for a while. Only now you are beginning to see it.

Hylian7

So they couldn't merely live with having a port of TWEWY, but now they have to have something "Mega Man X-Over-esque" for it, probably fucking with the storyline of the franchise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Oh I remember you from the Final Fantasy threads. You are just being a Square hater because GilgaMEH is being ignored by the company. Sorry.

:p

Nah. I'm a hater because they deserve it. The best thing they have done in recent years is Type 0 and even better then that Bravely Default. Of course judging exclusively on your avatar I can see why you have no qualms with SE in general.

Honestly I am pretty sure I destroyed some future career chances when a guy from GREE was trying to convince me to join the company and name dropped that they were working on a FF game.

I am pretty sure my response was "I bet it's a stupid card game, huh?" which he had no comeback for. lol

Hahahaha, excellent!

I worked for GREE for like a year and a half I guess (used to work at OpenFeint, got bought out, felt obligated to teammates to keep working until I couldn't deal anymore). There are definitely some good dudes working there, but it's true, they have extreme difficulty conceiving of anything other than card games. I'm hopeful that the ex-Funzio folks can build a good development/design culture there but it's a tough atmosphere.

Brb I'm gonna go kill myself.

FUCK YOU SQUARE, FUCK YOU.

Atlus come give me a hug : (

But Atlus uses their properties such as Persona for these kind of social games as well. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a gaming company in Japan who hasn't been involved with GREE or the like.

So GREE is the Asian Zynga?

Except that, as mediocre as Zynga's games may be, they aren't all literally the same game with merely superficial cosmetic differences.

CorvoSol

If the rumors are to be believed then they likely can't because there is no telling if Vita is ever going to catch on in the west and given it's complete tanking in japan, I can't really blame SE for not having much to say when it comes to Type 0.

Man, there's still like, two other systems they could put it on though, and Bravely Default has the same "No idea if we're gonna localize" going on, in spite of not having any connection to the Vita.

Top Bottom