• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Holdings recruiting core staff for new console RPG studio, wants Unity xp

Bardiche

First game: Emperial Saga for PS4? ;)

YES, we need a new SaGa game here. It was the series' 25th anniversary this year. However, it's highly likely that Imperial SaGa will be a smartphone game since Emperors SaGa was a smartphone game.

Bring a new console SaGa game to the west Square Enix.

Oh, so FFXV is finally entering development.
/s

Them first posts.

Well, anything SE related I now treat it as "you'll get my opinion once you actually release the product". New studios/games and whatnot mean nothing now unless the project is actually out.

Are these jobs listing exclusive for Japanese citizens? Can people who are not from Japan apply?

The idea that popped up into my head was one that alot of sloughed-off JRPG people from years gone by getting signed on, but with how toxic SE is now, even if that happened, and they meshed well around a great idea, it'd be great inversely proportional to how much oversight the main company put into it. You know, TWEWY, TO:LUCT, and BD, not...that other stuff.

BrandonS

Banned
If this is their attempt to segregate mobile development from their other console development,

THUMBS%20UP%20RESIZED.jpg

If the people who make Final Fantasy aren't being bogged down by making updates to Deadmans Cross and All the Bravest, that's good news.

ConceptX

So last night I was reading SE's annual report for 2013 (I know, exciting stuff) and this stood out to me.

Report:
http://www.hd.square-enix.com/eng/pdf/ar_2013_01en.pdf

Page 17, a blurb from Hajime Tabata co-director of XV:

My aim for the projects centering on “FINAL FANTASY XV” is to
achieve the highest-acclaimed, highest-profitable installment in the “FINAL
FANTASY” series. With this goal in mind, I would appreciate your
continuous support.
Going forward, as a creator I would like to develop new IPs for seniors.
I will create games that would thoroughly satisfy myself as I get older.

Also, as a leader, I want to establish a strong production studio with
an open, flexible atmosphere that constantly delivers excitement to
shareholders, employees, the game industry and users—a studio with the
capacity to consolidate the Group’s capabilities and play the best match at
the forefront of the industry.

On this journey, the support of shareholders would be very much
appreciated.

So, the bold part stuck out to me when, especially when you see that his goal is to create a new IP, and this newly announced studio, as another gaffer said "The Japanese text: ''For all the adventures we played as children, we can now make new ones as adults.''".

Now I'm likely grasping at straws, but could it be connected? It is of course speculation, but it could fit I guess.

Top Bottom