• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix RPGs on sale on North American PSN

ZeroX03

Banned
August 11th. So its good through Monday.

I gotta question - if I'm in the UK and create a US account, how does the payment system work? Do I have to use an account/card from the US?

You use Amazon to buy PSN credit. As long as you use a US billing address (it doesn't cross check with your credit card) you can buy from Amazon no problem. Quick, easy, no markup.

Tizoc

August 11th. So its good through Monday.

I gotta question - if I'm in the UK and create a US account, how does the payment system work? Do I have to use an account/card from the US?
Make a us psn account.
Buy us psn cash codes from amazon.com
Use a random us billin address like google california's address.
Buy the games you want
Play games on any accoun on ur ps3

Seanspeed

Banned
You use Amazon to buy PSN credit. As long as you use a US billing address (it doesn't cross check with your credit card) you can buy from Amazon no problem. Quick, easy, no markup.

Make a us psn account.
Buy us psn cash codes from amazon.com
Use a random us billin address like google california's address.
Buy the games you want
Play games on any accoun on ur ps3
Thanks guys. I actually have a US account I can use, but I'd prefer not to use it.

Be careful though. Lloyds charge me a foreign transaction fee.
Hm, I'm with Lloyds too.

Might just use my US account anyways, then. Thanks for the heads up.

Gonna get FFX/X2, FFV, FFIX and Chrono Cross. :) Actually never played FFV or Chrono Cross.

Never played a FF (except 10 at Ps2 launch ) and I want one of these. I'm playing Legend of Dragoon right now and really enjoying it, P3P and P4G are all enjoyed too.

Any of the SE games that I might enjoy,? I hear nine has problems so I'm wary of that.

I'm really enjoying Dissidia 012. Surprised at how differently characters play from one another. Would love if SE made a new one, since there are plenty of characters they could add to the roster(No Auron? Da fuck?).

Tizoc

Try to get the games you want this Monday, you never know if Grace Chen'll update the store early on Tuesday.

ecurbj

I couldn't walk away since this is the last day :/

I caved in & bought:

Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
Dissidia 012 [duodecim]
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (So I can have the original)
Front Mission 3
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2: Innocent Sin
Shin Megami Tensei: 3 Portable
Final Fantasy Tactics (So I can have the original)
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions

$128 US ~ I had it to spare. I know I won't get to all those titles in one sitting but just knowing I have them and can play them when I feel like it is well worth the admission.

I caved in & bought:

Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dissidia 012 [duodecim]
Front Mission 3
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger

$128 US ~ I had it to spare. I know I won't get to all those titles in one sitting but just knowing I have them and can play them when I feel like it is well worth the admission.

That's What I call dedication
slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

Edit: To follow that up, I just grabbed my big haul of FF 8,9, and War of the Lions :D

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How easy is FFIV PSP? If it is as imbalanced as I think, I can just stick to the DS remake. Curious to someday check out the lush 2D art, but I'd rather not bother if there is zero challenge to the game.

NolbertoS

I caved in & bought:

Final Fantasy Origins
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Dissidia 012 [duodecim]
Front Mission 3
Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger

I spent closer to $80 bucks myself on the sale. I own all iterations of FF, even thr PSP versions, but since I use the PS Vita for my gaming uses decided to have all FF games on one system.

ecurbj

That's What I call dedication.
clapping.gif

Edit: To follow that up, I just grabbed my big haul of FF 8,9, and War of the Lions :D
XD

Thanks. I couldn't help myself. I just downloaded the first Persona and I'm about to give that a go before I head to bed since I've never played it before.

I spent closer to $80 bucks myself on the sale. I own all iterations of FF, even thr PSP versions, but since I use the PS Vita for my gaming uses decided to have all FF games on one system.
Not bad. $80. But in the bold is what I was aiming for. And I'm glad I got that out of the way :)

3bdelilah

Banned
is the PSX version of Chrono Trigger a good port? I've been planning to play this game for a pretty long time, but never came around to it. I've been told the DS is the most superior version, but even second-hand that shit is really expensive, if not completely unavailable here in the Netherlands.

Edit: oh never mind, it's only for NA, clicked too soon :(

Top Bottom