• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix trademarks Deus Ex Universe, Hitman Sniper, and Hitman Go

One of the Hitman things could potentially be the app that is released tomorrow /today on the app store. It's a deep dive into the art and world of Hitman, which could probably be the Go thing.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
One of the Hitman things could potentially be the app that is released tomorrow /today on the app store. It's a deep dive into the art and world of Hitman, which could probably be the Go thing.
Hmm, Dues Ex Universe would make sense for something like that too.

Averon

Given how heavy handed Square is with Eidos recently, I really don't trust any new Deus Ex game out of Eidos.

Arcane0ne

This titles sounds like a mobile games, I hope Deus EX it's not a mobile game or mmo.
I only want a Deus EX 2 for consoles.

ahm998

I'll go out on a limb.

"Deus Ex Universe" <- Persistent Online Experience (or an iOS universe app)

"Hitman Sniper" <- iPad (or perhaps Sniper Challenge and/or Sniper Challenge sequel)

"Hitman Go" <- Also iPad

Thanks miladesn for the image as well.

capturet8x4q.png

Maybe Wii U ver. with unknown release like deus ex on wii U ,,,,,,hahhahaah

Sniper Challenge was the only good thing to come out of Absolution, so it being spun off into its own game is fantastic news. Hope it comes out across all platforms and isn't limited to just iOS, Android.

Dennis

Banned
no no no no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

not like this

Deus Ex Online............more like I need a line in the bathroom right now hit me miley

Kater

Banned
I don't care for Hitman but why do they want to ruin Deus Ex, one of their biggest western IP's *(for me)? SE is full of loonies.
*Edited

Jb

I would love a sequel to the Hitman Absolution Sniper challenge as a full-fledged XBLA/PSN game. A lot of potential there.

Aegus

A properly ambitious Deus Ex MMO would be amazing.

EVE style corporate warfare. People scaling buildings for infiltration, people hacking into computers/other players. Mini corporate Empires all over the damn place.

Areas mapped on real life cities for proper scale.

Basically Deus Ex crossed with Ghost in the Shell crossed with EVE.

endless mobile games

pachino_stare.gif

(A persistent online Deus Ex could be very cool, though. It's a universe that would lend itself to the concept, everybody 'augmenting' their characters in different ways, things like that. Could work very well with the right design.)

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
no no no no

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

not like this

Deus Ex Online............more like I need a line in the bathroom right now hit me miley

The game has been suspiciously quiet for quite some time, so a larger scale project might explain that.

DEUS EX F2P AUGMENT YO SELF PACK #12

- "The Liberalizer" Sniper Rifle
12 Dmg, 10 Pierce, 50 Reliability, 0 Explosive
Liberate your enemies from their life.
$2.99

- "Sunglass" Costume Addition
1 head, 0 torso, 0 leg, 75 style
You never asked for this.
$0.99

- "Malick" Narrator Voice
Replaces standard menu voices with Paula Jean Hixson, voice of Malick from Deus Ex Human Revolution™
Flygirl.
$0.99

Special 10% off until 12/12/15

Those prices are far too cheap for an SE game.

BibiMaghoo

I'd be right up for having a Hitman game that was 10-15 levels of the same gameplay as sniper challenge. I spent a considerable amount of time playing that, and had alot of fun for one level.

Gamerloid

I can't see both Hitman games being for iOS, but they both sure have names that would work for an iOS game.

Deus EX Universe can go both ways. The one on iOS was praised so I guess it'll work on any platform.

PureGone

Banned
Think about why they're doing this in the first place.

They made a bunch of crappy AAA titles and blamed the market for them not doing well and now they are creating a bunch of crappy iOS games instead of trying to make their games better

Derrick01

Banned
No like this, Hitman...not like this.

Fuck.

Did you not play Absolution? The franchise is already dead.

I hope Derrick won't get banned over this thread...

Unlikely, I have no real feelings towards these IPs anymore. SE and Eidos pissed over every single one of them and it's about to happen with Thief too. They're a complete joke of a company and I look forward to the day when they go under like THQ. I have the champagne bottle ready.

Cornbread78

Yopu suck SE... you totally, totally, suck big, fat, donkey @#%@%... We all know what your up to here and we all don't approve....

Dennis

Banned
The game has been suspiciously quiet for quite some time, so a larger scale project might explain that.

Or maybe the success of Human Revolution made them see the potential in the franchise so they really are going AAAA with the singleplayer sequel.

That is a possibility, right?

right?

right?

r...right...?

*sob*

Glass Rebel

I'll be perfectly honest, I had more fun with Hitman Sniper Challenge than Absolution. It had a much higher ratio of fun to bullshit than the main-game.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I want so badly to be able to tell these idiots that their "persistent online experiences" are doomed to fail.

Stop throwing money into a pit for a hot second and just make good games.

Top Bottom