• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix's The Avengers Project site update. Devs tease upcoming announcement

Skyn3t

Banned
Official press release form SE website:

Marvel Entertainment and SQUARE ENIX® have announced a new multi-year, multi-game licensing agreement to develop and publish original games based on beloved Marvel Super Heroes, beginning with The Avengers. This newly established partnership pairs the creative minds at Marvel and Square Enix for one of the most powerful alliances in interactive entertainment. The first blockbuster game is being crafted by Crystal Dynamics®, developers of the award winning TOMB RAIDER® series, in collaboration with Eidos-Montréal, the home of the critically acclaimed and award-winning DEUS EX game series.
The Avengers project is being designed for gamers worldwide and will be packed with all the characters, environments, and iconic moments that have thrilled longtime fans of the franchise. Featuring a completely original story, it will introduce a universe gamers can play in for years to come.

https://gearnuke.com/square-enixs-the-avengers-project-site-updated/

Lastyou1

Banned
Nothing really new.
Just another announcement of an announcement.
Despite being practically two different software houses, both Japanese and west Square Enix have the bad habit of announcing games too early.
The game had to be revealed January of this year, not 2017.
Plus, we are taking for granted that the game will be unveiled at Games Award, but I wouldn't be too sure, especially if Square is gonna have their event this January or if the game is for next generation consoles.
I am more curious than excited for this game. The inner Marvel Stan within me is excited as hell, the single player only /no cash grab player within me is sceptical at best, worried by Square politics at worst.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Here's hoping everyone can get along and games like Spider-Man will still tie into the same universe, regardless of them being on one platform. It'd be weird if Marvel were creating this big universe but some games "didn't count". Hell, give Xbox an exclusive Hulk game, they seem to like green.

VulcanRaven

I hope there will be a proper single player story mode. I'm not very interested if it will be some multiplayer game.

Here's hoping everyone can get along and games like Spider-Man will still tie into the same universe, regardless of them being on one platform. It'd be weird if Marvel were creating this big universe but some games "didn't count". Hell, give Xbox an exclusive Hulk game, they seem to like green.
No more exclusives like Spider-Man. It would be annoying if each console would have their own exclusive Marvel games. I have PS4 but I would be fine if they released Spider-Man on Xbox too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom