• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Fox overclocked to run on Super FX 2 chip

FyreWulff

robut said:
That's really awesome.

Though it did make me sad to remember Nintendo has yet to rerelease this fucker. I miss it dearly, it was one of the handful of games my dad would play with me.

Last I recall they've yet to release any game that uses the FX or FX2 chip on Virtual Console. Either they feel their emulation of the chip isn't accurate enough or there's some rights issues over it, since it was collaboratively developed.

As it is, we're finally getting Yoshi's Island.. but it's the GBA version for the 3DS virtual console.

Ulthwe

They should've done a 3D Classic version to go with Starfox64 3D, as they already teased us with that visualization on the 3DS Nintendo Sound app.

Are you there Dylan? Make it happen!

Nessus

If Nintendo ever does an HD port, this should be it.

This game at 60fps with an analog stick would be heaven.

I'd keep the minimalist geometry, just make it really sharp, intentionally retain the retro look.

Ulthwe

_dementia said:
What's the frame rate like on the 3DS version?
The 3DS version is Starfox64, originally on the Nintendo 64. This is the SNES one, which clocked at around 10-15 fps.

fernoca said:
That was nice..and damn, ignored that "he" was banned! And for "that".. XD

EDIT:
And the music/sounds brought some nice memories too. XD
Ok now seriously, explain to me why it is funny, that it brings up memories? Why do you have to use this horrible emoticon. I really, rdally hate it and nothing in your post is even :lol worthy

Tom_Cody

Super cool. I am in the heart of playing through 64 3DS and I can't shake the feeling that I need to play through the SNES original in someway. I hope Nintendo releases this for the 3DS virtual console.

Maybe they will release it for free in order to promote the next original Star Fox for the 3DS...
One can only dream

Gravijah

Why would you do that? said:
I would pay a hefty amount for a Star Fox 3DS in any form. No disrespect to SF 64 (a great game in its own right) but it's no match for the original.

truth to the max

Datschge

Why would you do that? said:
I would pay a hefty amount for a Star Fox 3DS in any form. No disrespect to SF 64 (a great game in its own right) but it's no match for the original.
I'd love to play SF with higher framerate and higher resolution, but everything else left intact. The SF sections in Wario Ware are such nice teases. Game is pure 3D retro graphics before all the stupid texturing started.

Top Bottom