• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: 16 heroes found in alpha files

I did love that spin
So random but hilarious

Pretty good cast of heroes so far, no obi wan = obi wan film confirmed ;)

In that regard I do wonder how much future content for the game might get dictated by spoilers and the like. The OT and PT characters benefit from being already fully formed and can draw on their iconography for all films they were in. But folks like Finn and Rey are still developing - what can you even give Finn without anything being established in The Last Jedi? The lightsaber isn't his deal, and there's no ability to make up a bunch of traits like one could with Nien Nunb, Bossk, or Dengar, because he's in a coma when the credits roll.

mas8705

Grievous! Oh, please be badass! Would love to see him have the spinning moves that would make him an absolute danger to fight head on.

grievous_fighting_by_arias87-d39gf6s.gif

95eef6fc02500c97d7139613b95f8ba3de60dc96_hq.gif

I can't wait to use all of Phasma's abilities like uhhhhhh

Telling people to put their helmet on?
The ability to get out of trash compactors?

I can only hope the next movie gives her actual action.

Vexed

I'll be looking for that timely Obi Wan DLC alongside the announcement of his standalone film in 2018 (Disney plz)

Deepwater

There's no way that they would have Obi-wan or even Anakin absent from this game. I think it's safe to assume that this list is incomplete.

No young or old Obi Wan Kenobi... really?

And no, Rey ain't no good replacement of him.

Surprised no one has mentioned Qui-Gon

I want Qui-Gon too + Obi-Wan and Anakin

Why so few prequel characters?

How do you have a Battlefront with all eras and not include Obi-fucking-Wan?

No Obi-Wan?

2df8fcbaa8bb2f76130f3b32dad63c85.gif

Bossk is in before fucking Kenobi?

DEE
ELL
CEE

also, like someone mentioned, I'm an idiot

Van Bur3n

MOTHA FUCKA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. YOUR LIGHTSABERS WILL MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH COUGH COUGH.

But what in the world, why the lack of Clone Wars characters? No Obi-Wan? Anakin Skywalker? Mace Windu? I know they're all Jedi so perhaps those are too many similar heroes but at the very least you could have had Obi-Wan or Mace Windu. I mean, shit, doesn't even have to be from the movies either you could use Ahsoka or Asajj Ventress.

mas8705

Don't know why everyone is raising so much hell about Obi-Wan not popping up on this list if there is still a good chance that he will be in the full game.

Now Jar Jar on the other hand, yeah... Poor guy is getting axed and that is the real shame.

Grievous without Kenobi....fucking MAUL without Kenobi. This shit is ludicrous. I need the high ground!

I also need Qui Gon and Ahsoka, Anakin too but only with Matt Lanter.

Symphonia

Banned
I can't wait to use all of Phasma's abilities like uhhhhhh

Telling people to put their helmet on?
The ability to get out of trash compactors?

I can only hope the next movie gives her actual action.
I highly doubt they'd include her unless they had/have big plans for her in The Last Jedi.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
MOTHA FUCKA YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. YOUR LIGHTSABERS WILL MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION BIIIIIIIIIIIIIITCH COUGH COUGH.

But what in the world, why the lack of Clone Wars characters? No Obi-Wan? Anakin Skywalker? Mace Windu? I know they're all Jedi so perhaps that is too many similar heroes but at the very least you could have had Obi-Wan or Mace Windu.

When you already have Maul, Vader, Rey, Kylo, Grievous, Luke and Yoda in there already, Lightsaber oversaturation is a very real problem and the prequels films are full of those folks. Young Obi-wan is really the only person with a real shot of joining the roster.

Anymore than that from the prequels, then it'll have to be some bloke from the cartoons.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Anything pre Episode 1 is dead to the Mouse

The Old Republic stuff was stupid anyway.

Yeah that amazing moment that totally makes him deserve a spot over antagonists like Count Dooku, Ventress, The Inquisitors or Krennic

Again, Bossk is surprisingly popular to use in the first game -- way more than any other villain actually -- especially since he's a DLC character. It's probably because he was op but still not surprising that he made it in.

Eggbok

How do you have Grevious and Darth Maul but no Obi-Wan? LOL
Yoda is the only prequel hero? We don't Need Lando and Han again....

Was hoping for ancient characters like Darth reven and such

Thee game is based on the 3 eras of Star Wars movies, Revan doesn't exist sadly.

It's super weird to see Maul and Grievous and not Anakin or Obi (or Ashoka) but I'm assuming they're all free DLC.

Honestly, considering Grievous, Maul, and Yoda are all more unique than Obi/Anakin in terms of gameplay, I'm fine with them being in first.

Personally I just wanna see Sabine (jetpack + Darksaber) and Doctor Aphra (with Triple-0 and BT summons) show up.

Eggbok

It's super weird to see Maul and Grievous and not Anakin or Obi (or Ashoka) but I'm assuming they're all free DLC.

Honestly, considering Grievous, Maul, and Yoda are all more unique than Obi/Anakin in terms of gameplay, I'm fine with them being in first.

Personally I just wanna see Sabine (jetpack + Darksaber) and Doctor Aphra (with Triple-0 and BT summons) show up.

It's crazy to me about no Obi-Wan when Grevious and Maul are basically Obi-Wans biggest rivals. Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter is even in the concept art for the Kamino battle, it's weird.

Kalentan

It's crazy to me about no Obi-Wan when Grevious and Maul are basically Obi-Wans biggest rivals. Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter is even in the concept art for the Kamino battle, it's weird.

I'm just surprised there's no Anakin either for the heroes. I know there's Darth Vader but still, even the old Battlefronts made sure to have both.

Yeah that amazing moment that totally makes him deserve a spot over antagonists like Count Dooku, Ventress, The Inquisitors or Krennic

I'd rather they carry him over than the true losers like Dengar and Greedo. Boba can get fucked, Jango was better.

Top Bottom