• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront community update - open beta includes Drop Zone on Sullust

GavinUK86

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/star-wars-battlefront-community-update-4?utm_campaign=swbf-social-us-ic-tw-swbf-communityupdate4-9162015-tw-img-site-ramp&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&sourceid=swbf-social-us-ic-tw-swbf-communityupdate4-9162015-tw-img-site-ramp&cid=44039&ts=1442427060068&sf41023217=1

So... How about that beta news? Yes, we have a beta incoming and the final date will be announced as soon as we have the final details locked in. For now, I can tell you this: the beta will consist of both our offline and online modes including co-op and split-screen co-op, and it will take place on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and via Origin for PC, so we have you covered regardless of your next generation platform of choice.

Get ready hit the battlefront on Hoth via Walker Assault and check out our newly revealed mode, Drop Zone on Sullust. Now, I have to state my excitement here as this is by far my favorite mode and I can't wait for you to check it out for yourself.

Stranded on Tatooine solo, with a friend online, or couch co-op, you’re going to want check out our beta Survival Mission mode.

Now that we have officially announced the beta, most of you are just itching to know how you can get in. Well, we're excited to say that the beta is open to everyone! Get ready for the beta release date and also make sure your system is ready to download the beta the moment it goes live. Keep your eyes peeled for myself and many other developers during the live beta as we have some cool stuff planned.

I almost forgot upcoming items and news! As I mentioned a few weeks back, our team is working hard to continue to gather the proper details around features, modes, weapons, vehicles, and more. We know a lot of the community is eager to get every specific detail around the game, and our team is looking forward to revealing it.

GavinUK86

Oh cool, I don't have to keep my preorder in place to get beta access.

1146.gif

Cool, an open beta!

Question, will you need PS Plus subscription to play online? Don't have a sub atm.

Really excited for this :)

RyanW

Originally it was said that we'd have to sign up for the beta but everyone who does gets in, right(at least devs were saying that on Twitter)? I assume that's no longer the case?

Portugeezer

you forgot your #SimCity

This is EA, after all

This is arguably their biggest game this year (after FIFA but that is mostly iteration), going up against COD and Halo, riding the Star Wars movie hype train.

I'd like to think even EA has learnt... EVEN EA!

So in other words, nothing that wasn't announced already. EA-marketing strikes again to keep the discussion going with absolutly zero news to offer.

Man im looking foward to this game, but i hate the campagn by EA and DICE with all my heart.

jesu

So in other words, nothing that wasn't announced already. EA-marketing strikes again to keep the discussion going with absolutly zero news to offer.

Man im looking foward to this game, but i hate the campagn by EA and DICE with all my heart.

The single player mode being in the beta is new news.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1162282/article_post_width_Wii_U_rain_window.jpg

Because three years of Frostbite 3 titles not being on Wii U isn't "it is known" enough for you to avoid posting this, right?

Shock, most third parties are ignoring Wii U.

The single player mode being in the beta is new news.

No, it was not. Read the announcement again:

The Beta will also feature our Survival Mission on Tatooine, where you and a Rebel friend must fight back waves of Imperial forces.

Survival Mission was known Day-1. As i said, keep it up EA/DICE, your plan seems to work.

jesu

No, it was not. Read the announcement again:

Survival Mission was known Day-1. As i said, keep it up EA/DICE, your plan seems to work.

Ah I did miss that.
Did we already know Sullust was going to be a location?Or it was an open Beta?
I probably missed those too.

Top Bottom