• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

star wars battlefront: do you play first-person or third-person?

dcelw540

I find I enjoy third person more but also first person I find mostly has a better advantage. What about you?

BroBot

Third person when playing with friends for fun, but if I'm going to be competitive, definitely first person.

antitrop

First on ground and in the air.

Having to switch to first person every time you get into a vehicle is pretty annoying, unless I missed a menu option.

vixlar

I can't hit a thing in 3rd person. I must switch sides each time I get behind a wall. I find hard to shoot from far away...

I play better in 1st person

I can't hit a thing in 3rd person. I must switch sides each time I get behind a wall. I find hard to shoot from far away...

I play better in 1st person

Yeah, its easier to take cover and shoot around cover in first person. The fov is better in third though.

egocrata

Banned
First person on foot, third on vehicles.

I wish I could play first person on the space fighters, but someone at DICE thought that the Alliance doesn´t clean the windows of their X-Wings/A-Wings, and the Empire sits their pilots six yards from the viewport.

prag16

Banned
First person. The camera angle makes it tough for me to hit anything in third.

This, the camera angles can definitely screw things up, especially when in or near cover. Multiple times tonight I had people absolutely dead to rights but pumped all my shots into a railing or the edge of a wall strictly due to the camera.

Sometimes, the camera seemingly has nowhere to go if you're near an obstacle, and the character's body ends up completely blocking what I'm firing at from view.

This type of stuff doesn't happen much if at all in 1st person, but as others have said with the reduced field of view, i do feel like I'm at a slight disadvantage when in 1st. Decisions, decisions.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'll probably be mostly FP. I was FP tonight because aiming is better for me that way. If this was a campaign I'd probably go TP.

In racing games I've always gone FP because it made things look faster, especially in GT. I switched to TP for a while because I like looking at the car or in this case the craft/speeder.

Crisium

I switch between both.

I prefer third for infantry. But when moving out from cover the crosshair is completely inaccurate. You think you have an enemy lined up but instead you are shooting the rock you are crouching behind. I'll switch to first if I'm playing cover heavy, otherwise third.

For Air Vehicles I use third most of the time but usually temporarily switch to first for strafing runs against infantry.

f@luS

More than a member.
Depend and switch is easy. When I need to hide and shoot third is better to see surrounding

prag16

Banned
But when moving out from cover the crosshair is completely inaccurate.

Yeah, this is definitely an issue for me with 3rd person. Overall I prefer it for the greater awareness of surroundings. But when trying to use cover it fucking blows.

When I need to hide and shoot third is better to see surrounding

In theory yes, but if you're trying to shoot from cover in 3rd person mode, forget it. Half the time it appears you're aiming at the enemy, but you're really pouring shots into the railing or crates or rocks in front of you.

Top Bottom