• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront has hit the EA Access vault

Goddammit! When will this nightmare scenario slippery slope of publishers charging us outrageous sums to play their back catalogue of games end?

/s

Oynox

The season pass is on sale for EA Access members as well. Go go go, get it, make the playerbase bigger!

Podge293

May be a silly question, I've the disc version installed do I need to reinstall for the EA access license? Would like to go as discless as possible

FinKL

I know they added coop (Skirmish), but does anyone know the max players for it on PC? Would be cool to get friends together and play BF by just paying $5 for a month of origin

5taquitos

I know they added coop (Skirmish), but does anyone know the max players for it on PC? Would be cool to get friends together and play BF by just paying $5 for a month of origin

Pretty sure just two players for Skirmish, but I could be mistaken.

FinKL

Pretty sure just two players for Skirmish, but I could be mistaken.

Wow, yeah, I can't find anything else about it. Seems like it was designed for console co-op that's a downer...

BTW, just saw BF for $10 on PS4 Amazon if you wanted a physical copy

Wtf why can my 10 year old son not play this online? I don't even want him to do VS just coop would be fine. Super fucking dumb. I even called EA to have the account changed to an adult and they won't unless I send them a picture of my ID? They also told me they cannot delete the account? Has anyone seen or heard of this before?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Was the season pass worth a damn? I saw streams of some of newer maps and it looked like DICE phoned some of it in

4 map packs, a mix of good to meh. Feels like the content has slimmed with each pack release. Oh and each DLC pack is segregated, so no way to just rotate everything. Gotta back out to the menu to switch between map packs.

All told you do have nearly double the maps from launch now, but not having a hopper that rotates all modes and maps annoys thr piss out of me.

AlexBasch

Is this game enjoyable if you play solo or do you absolutely have to play with mics and all that? Might ask before I start downloading, haha.

LNBL

Damn, i played the battle station mode last night and the 2nd space battle is awesome! worth buying the season pass for that alone for me.

Jibbed

The Scarif expansion isn't anything to shout about but it looks freaking gorgeous.

I'm betting Battlefront II: The 2nd One, Not That Other One will be the worthy sequel we're looking for, anyway.

Synth

Goddammit! When will this nightmare scenario slippery slope of publishers charging us outrageous sums to play their back catalogue of games end?

/s

Ha, yea I remember back when the service was first announced, how many were glad that Sony were protecting us from EA's doomsday scenario... http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864590 (Hi RexNovis btw!)

It's been two years now, and I think that's long enough to see that most of the detractors imaginary scenarios were/are ridiculous.

novabolt

I'm actually shocked. A lot of people on here implied that Disney blocked MS so that Sony could pick up the rights, maybe EA Access negates certain parts of it?

novabolt

I already own the PS4 version but I'll give this a go when I get my XB1 next weekend. I'm thinking about getting the XB1 version of Ultimate Edition but I want to see how big of a downgrade it is from PS4 first.

Apart from resolution, both versions are near flawless.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Looks like the Xbone version saw a jump in players if the stats are any indication. PC version didn't budge. I wonder if EA Access simply isn't doing as well there?

Regginator

Not
sorry for the 1-month bump, but I just found out about this. I've been meaning to try out Battlefront whenever it would hit Origin Access. Now that it has, I'll probably get a month or two to play Dragon Age Inquisition and now Battlefront. Speaking of which, how's the activity now that it's in the vault?

Top Bottom