• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront |OT2| I am altering the OT. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Palpable

What's with EA and adding Star Destroyers in places they are not supposed to be?

How do you know where Star Destroyers are or aren't supposed to be? If the Empire has shit to do somewhere, there's probably a Star Destroyer nearby. Especially if a battle is happening.

WillyFive

How do you know where Star Destroyers are or aren't supposed to be? If the Empire has shit to do somewhere, there's probably a Star Destroyer nearby. Especially if a battle is happening.

Star Destroyers were almost never seen in atmospheric flight; so much so that fans speculated whether or not they could (due to their humongous size compared to prequel era Republic Cruisers). Any notable time they have been shown in-atmosphere has been to crash (Clone Wars, Force Unleashed).

However, the EA games just have them in their skyboxes all the time without any reason. Probably just for the rule of cool.

RyanW

Star Destroyers were almost never seen in atmospheric flight; so much so that fans speculated whether or not they could (due to their humongous size compared to prequel era Republic Cruisers). Any notable time they have been shown in-atmosphere has been to crash (Clone Wars, Force Unleashed).

However, the EA games just have them in their skyboxes all the time without any reason. Probably just for the rule of cool.

From Rebels:
rebels.jpg

Palpable

I don't see why those big cruisers couldn't enter thw atmosphere. Just because they only ever crashed in 1 movie and TFU doesn't mean they can't be there. I think the skyboxes are a lot cooler with them in anyway. Besides, The Battle of Jakku showed them, even Super Star Destroyers, in the skies. I'm sure EA would be told if they couldn't put them in the atmosphere because they couldn't be there if they couldn't.

Edit: Also, wasn't the Star Destroyer in TFU in the sky before it was pulled down anyway?

Toa TAK

Banned

From Rebels:
rebels.jpg
Lol

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
People gonna complain about anything Star Wars.

It is Sci-Fantasy no Sci-Fi. Do not let our minimal understanding sciences effect our fantasy.

pacman85

so are we getting any more bespin dlc news during e3? it's crazy to me that they barely mentioned this game during the ea conference.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Have they announced what cards Bespin will introduce that'll inevitably greatly buff the best players on the server at the cost of everyone else?

MrDaravon

Do we know when triple XP is ending? Like is it ending at noon today, or noon tomorrow?

Edit: Wow nevermind, it's already gone. What the fuck Dice LOL

MrDaravon

Only played a few games but banked over 40,000 credits.

I grabbed I think about 60k or so, but I mostly only had a chunk of time to play yesterday, was really busy and not feeling well on Sunday. Was hoping to get in a few hours before it went away today :(. I'm only at like 85k total, should be enough to grab any new stuff with Bespin but I'm still like 385k short of buying all the (current) cosmetic stuff, was hoping to make more of a dent in that.

5taquitos

​Here is the VR trailer. I don't like the fact that the title is singular - Battlefront VR Mission. Like there is only one?​
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEnSVG4PWW0

Yep. That's what got me worried as well.
I told my wife I really needed to invest in a PS VR set, cause Battlefront. If she finds out its only one mission, probably the same length as the Speeder Bike mission, I'm screwed.

Pretty sure no one should expect anything more than a single mission. They'd be shouting from the rooftops if it was a longer experience.

It will be a single VR mission in an X-Wing cockpit.

Ozorov

Good that Gameverb aka Star Wars HQ will do the livestream this time if I read into things correctly. First time we might have a stream /w a commentary and a player that actually plays the game a lot.

Pretty sure no one should expect anything more than a single mission. They'd be shouting from the rooftops if it was a longer experience.

Don't tell my wife

Good that Gameverb aka Star Wars HQ will do the livestream this time if I read into things correctly. First time we might have a stream /w a commentary and a player that actually plays the game a lot.

It could be Dennis Bränvalls 3 year old nephew playing it for all I care, I just want to see it in action! ;-)

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Agreed. I think it is just to showcase what it can do, and possibly be a testing bed for BF2 next year.

Either way, I am stoked to be inside an X-Wing, We are going to be inside an X-Wing fam!

Ozorov

I know some people here want to try out BF4 and BF:Hardline. Those are on sale now for under 5 bucks on PSN/Xbox Live and Origin.

To make things interesting until Bespin drops, I decided to do the following when playing: Every time I get killed, I equip the blaster I was killed with. Did it last night and almost used every blaster available. It was pretty fun actually.

I know some people here want to try out BF4 and BF:Hardline. Those are on sale now for under 5 bucks on PSN/Xbox Live and Origin.

Bought Hardline in a sale recently for 9,99
Great game, had a blast playing MP.
Now you can buy BF4 and Hardline for a total of € 8,99. That's insane value.

MrDaravon

Yeah, Berserker + Adrenaline Stim + Bacta Bomb has completely ruined any of the smaller playlists for me. On their own I don't that any of them are OP necessarily (although I'd argue they could all be toned down a bit, especially Berserker level 3) but as a combo it's fucking ridiculous. Still really the only thing in on-foot game that jumps out at me as being really unbalanced.

Ozorov

Yeah, Berserker + Adrenaline Stim + Bacta Bomb has completely ruined any of the smaller playlists for me. On their own I don't that any of them are OP necessarily (although I'd argue they could all be toned down a bit, especially Berserker level 3) but as a combo it's fucking ridiculous. Still really the only thing in on-foot game that jumps out at me as being really unbalanced.

I don't play smaller modes so I guess I'm not noticing it as much as you people. I don't think I have seem that combo yet. But it sounds nasty.

Palpable

Yeah, small modes have been jacked up ever since that shit came out.

Ozorov

I wonder how they'll do with the four new maps this time around. With Outer Rim we got four maps but all of them only played with small modes. Are they going to do four big ones now? Or maybe two big and two small ones?

I also hope the new mode is dope.

5taquitos

I wonder how they'll do with the four new maps this time around. With Outer Rim we got four maps but all of them only played with small modes. Are they going to do four big ones now? Or maybe two big and two small ones?

I'm really curious about this as well. With a single playlist, they can't change the player count between maps, which makes me think they'll be all "large" maps. It'll be interesting to see how the mode selection pans out.

Ozorov

I'm really curious about this as well. With a single playlist, they can't change the player count between maps, which makes me think they'll be all "large" maps. It'll be interesting to see how the mode selection pans out.

If I recall correctly from the Outer Rim-reveal stream I *THINK* Dennis said that Bespin would focus on larger modes while Outer Rim was for small modes. So that makes me think we'll get 4 big maps.

And yeah as you're saying it would be weird with a playlist with both small and large modes.

I hope its all just big modes.

Tired that the small modes get so much attention.

Top Bottom