• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Season Pass & All DLCs free [everywhere]

Calmine

This is good, more companies should start doing this and just ditch the season pass format. Splits the player base too much. Give it a year and BF1 will be the same.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
I'm a regular player this is great news....they must have noticed how dead the DLC maps were even on PS4.

WillyFive

They need to join all the playlists like they did for Titanfall 1, but I don't think anyone is still working on this game.

Agreed. It's been the same experience for me.

I played some of the base maps but I was constantly getting killed by people coming from all directions. I guess I need to get used to the maps but I really don't like the jetpacks. They send you huge distances really quickly, feels like I am always at risk of getting shot in the back.

Of all the brain dead and terrible decisions DICE made for this game, jet packs are among the absolute worst. No other item made map design so pointless and undermined its entire game and load out balance than that thing. Good thing they are toning it way down for the sequel.

What is the difference at this point between Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Edition? Both prsent the same things. One is 5 bucks while the other is 10 bucks.

The Deluxe has 1.1 MB file size. This is weird. And Deluxe is said to have exclusive emote but Ultimate Edition has it too. I couldn't find what is the difference between both one is 5 bucks the other is 10 bucks. Very misleading.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Always had a blast with this game, this is a great deal.

On a side note, I'm really hoping that BF2 maintains the consistent framerate of BF1.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
What is the difference at this point between Deluxe Edition and Deluxe Edition? Both prsent the same things. One is 5 bucks while the other is 10 bucks.

The Deluxe has 1.1 MB file size. This is weird. And Deluxe is said to have exclusive emote but Ultimate Edition has it too. I couldn't find what is the difference between both one is 5 bucks the other is 10 bucks. Very misleading.

Ultimate Edition bundles the Vanilla game and Deluxe content. It's all you need.

Deluxe was meant as an upgrade path for those that only owned the vanilla game to getting pre-order goodies. Ignore it and the fact that EA did not properly adjust its pricing for this sale.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
EA is brilliant.

A few weeks back Ultimate Edition which includes the season pass could be had for $5.

Nobody cared.

They release the season pass for free and people are now buying the game.

Ultimate Edition bundles the Vanilla game and Deluxe content. It's all you need.

Deluxe was meant as an upgrade path for those that only owned the vanilla game to getting pre-order goodies. Ignore it and the fact that EA did not properly adjust its pricing for this sale.

Thanks for the clarification. I wished this game ahd PS4 Pro support. with PS4 Pro we forgot how outdated 1080p looked. Now 900p. :/

In the Windows Store, It says it needs Live Gold, so it means it is not free like on other platforms.
On Origin, the first days we could add the Season Pass to the library, then all DLCs would appear owned just like Season Pass. Now when we try to add Season Pass, it says you need to buy Ultimate Edition to play, then add or cancel (didn't happen before) when we click add it says added to library but it still displays Free price and not owned, same for the other DLCs, they still show prices and not owned like before.

Piccoro

Are we close to all the servers turning off or something? I know the next one is nearly here but this seems pretty extreme.

I doubt that they will close the servers anytime soon, even after BF2 comes out.
They also offered (for a limited time) all the Battlefield 4's maps right before Battlefield 1 came out.

Top Bottom