• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: Battlefront will be at E3

TTUVAPOR

Banned
If DICE are making Battlefront 3...I really hope they do a better job at quality assurance and quality control than they did or should I say...didn't do...with Battlefield 4.

I want a vita version. I had heaps of fun with Battlefront II on psp back in the day.

The PSP version was such a let down... till hackers found a way to readd most of the levels that were removed and restore them as well as raising the enemy count from something paltry like 8 on each side to 12-16 on each side.

That was because devs were limited to 222mhz mode on the PSP at the time of it's launch, so you could set the PSP to full speed and re-enable those things and really go wild.

The PSP version was such a let down... till hackers found a way to readd most of the levels that were removed and restore them as well as raising the enemy count from something paltry like 8 on each side to 12-16 on each side.

That was because devs were limited to 222mhz mode on the PSP at the time of it's launch, so you could set the PSP to full speed and re-enable those things and really go wild.

Too bad you can't use the modded SWBF2 on the Vita unless you install the custom PSP firmware. But I still love playing the PSP version on my Vita with two analog sticks.

SWBF3 is my most anticipated game of the generation right now, even if Rockets announced Red Dead 3 tomorrow. SWBF is so important to me as SWBF2 on the PS2 was the foundation of my online gaming 'career'.

stryke

It was my first Battlefront game so I didn't really have a reference as to what the full game was like. I bought it on a whim while I was traveling so it was quite convenient.

However this is the first time hearing about the mods. Thanks for telling me about that, maybe I'll have a look into it.

Vico

I'm so excited to be absurdly disappointed when its yet another buggy clusterfuck that pales in comparison to previous iterations.

Yeah I'm jaded, but BF3 and 4 have made it that way for me.

Don't do this. You'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment.

I can't be disappointed by a game I once thought would never come back. :p

mcz117chief

I just hope they won't make it all *bang bang* *boom boom* cool effects but with horrible gameplay and balance (like Battlefield 3-4)

gaugebozo

Have you never watched E3 before? Besides Nintendo, who usually only shows things super close to release, everyone is all about empty promises. Hell, last year we were told Halo 5 was coming this year.

I was just thinking about this. That was essentially meaningless. "Hey, remember! Xboxes play Halo games!"

Glad to hear they really put everything on hold till Battlefield was fixed. /s

Hope they have something like Titan.

I don't think so man. Dice abandoned the concept of driving huge ships and carriers after all the trolling that happened in Battlefield 1942. Did you play that game? Cause you could drive aircraft carriers and destroyers and those ships acted as a mobile spawn. of course the idiotic players would ram them or take them off map....

a commander could control the titans in bf2142 but they were so painfully slow

beast276

Neo Member
I want to be hyped for this, but considering BF 4 was total shite and I wasted $110 on it,
I'm not. It's really disappointing that DICE got this project considering that can't make a game work at release

Shadybiz

Definitely interested to see how this one develops, but I'm still a bit miffed about the BF4 fiasco, so I'll wait and see after launch.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I think they'll scale back their ambitions, and have laser focus on performance.

Disney isn't going to let EA/DICE fuck around with their property.

Just got BFII for Vita (PSP) in the PSN sale. First thing I did was load up Mos Eisley Assault Heroes vs Villains. I love "Jedi Rock", I don't care what anybody else says...

Doran902

I want to believe. Battlefront games were incredibly fun. I just have no faith in EA / Dice anymore.

I'm sure after 1 trailer I will be buying.

P8dnIH9.jpg

I never got into Battlefield, but I played the shit out of Battlefront on Xbox. I'll be looking forward to this.

adj_noun

That really is some nice Imperial music. Especially like how the Emperor's theme sneaks in there at the end; kind of a "corruption seeping through the facade" moment.

I do hope they use it somewhere. It doesn't deserve to be buried.

Edit: Ok, I had to do it. Not perfect on timing due to the video's length, but it works pretty well!

Top Bottom