• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Celebration 2016 |OT| No Bothans died to bring us this information

Status
Not open for further replies.
celebrationmssin.jpg

Star Wars Celebration is upon us! This year it's taking place at ExCeL in London and runs from Friday, 15th July, through to Sunday, 17th. As in 2015, the Star Wars website and their YouTube channel will be streaming much of the event, including the Rogue One panel where a new trailer for the film will be shown. Chris Lord and Phil Miller are attending, so hopefully we'll get some more information on the Han spin-off too.

You can still buy tickets for Friday and Sunday here.

Watch the live stream here.

I’ve picked out a few of the highlights that'll be worth keeping an eye on. The full schedule’s here.

Ahsoka’s Untold Tales
July 15 - 1:00 p.m. BST
/ 8:00 a.m. EDT / 5:00 a.m. PDT

Panel liveblog if you missed it.

Join The Clone Wars and Rebels Supervising Director Dave Filoni, actress Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka Tano) and Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo to discuss untold tales of Ahsoka’s past, from her discovery by the Jedi Order as a young child, to her adventures in unproduced episodes of The Clone Wars, to the chapters of her life newly revealed in the Ahsoka novel and more!

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
July 15 – 4:00 p.m. BST
/ 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT

Secret mission? What plans? What are you talking about? Find out, when Gareth Edwards – director of the upcoming Rogue One: A Star Wars Story – joins Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and some special guests for a revealing can’t-miss Rogue One panel!

Two big reveals at the panel:

1. The poster

_90406026_rogueoneposter.jpg

2. The great BTS reel.

Star Wars Rebels Season 3
July 16 – 4:00 p.m. BST
/ 11:00 a.m. EDT / 8:00 a.m. PDT

Still recovering from the epic Star Wars Rebels Season 2 finale? Feel like you have more questions than answers about what the future holds for the crew of the Ghost? Fear not! Star Wars Rebels Executive Producer and Supervising Director Dave Filoni will be joined by special guests to share highly-guarded sneak peeks at what’s to come in Star Wars Rebels season 3 including a screening of the first two episodes!

Thrawn returns in Season 3 of Rebels. Timothy Zahn's collaborating with the Rebels team.

Season 3 trailer.

New Thrawn book from Timothy Zahn.

13726782_10154363305573713_7522759241827991271_n.jpg

Marvel’s Star Wars Comic Books Panel
July 16 – 5:00 p.m. BST
/ 12:00 a.m. EDT / 9:00 a.m. PDT

The adventures of our Rebel heroes and Imperial ne’er-do-wells continue every month in the ongoing comic book series produced by Marvel Comics. The editor of Marvel’s Star Wars line, Jordan D. White brings and overview of the House of Ideas’ parsec of the Galaxy Far, Far Away and perhaps a glimpse of what’s to come. Joining him are writer Kieron Gillen (Darth Vader), artist Phil Noto (Poe Dameron, Chewbacca), and artist Marco Chechetto (Obi-Wan & Anakin, Shattered Empire).

Meet the Creators: The Minds Behind EA’s Star Wars Games
July 16 – 7:00 p.m. BST
/ 2:00 p.m. EDT / 11:00 a.m. PDT

Join us for a roundtable discussion about what’s it’s like to create Star Wars games. The creative leaders behind Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, Star Wars: The Old Republic™ and other upcoming Star Wars video games from EA will share behind-the-scenes stories and reveal news about the future of Star Wars games at EA.

Future Filmmaker Discussion & Closing Ceremony (No Stream)
July 17 – 3:00 p.m. BST
/ 10:00 a.m. EDT / 7:00 a.m. PDT

Get a glimpse of what the future holds in the Star Wars galaxy when Lucasfilm Story Group’s Pablo Hidalgo hosts a discussion with filmmakers Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson (Star Wars: Episode VIII) and directing duo Chris Miller and Phil Lord (the untitled Han Solo Star Wars Story) in what will be Sunday’s must-see event at Celebration Europe. There are sure to be some surprises in store for the audience, so make sure you stop by the Celebration Stage as we close out the weekend’s festivities on a high note!

Here's Oscar Isaac singing the Star Wars song to get you in the mood.

Waldini

I hope they will give us a teaser of the next Star Wars movie.

We'll get a new trailer for Rogue One.

The only thing I expect for Episode 8 is a title ... and maybe, a 15 second teaser where they reveal the title and have Luke say : "I sense much fear in you" ...

*jizz*

pitchfork

Can't wait for this!

Will be glued to star wars forums and youtube for every little bit of info over the coming days

Anth0ny

gimme dem sweet sweet rogue one visuals

gimme dat vader breathing tease

gimme dat episode viii

gimme dat obi wan

yooooo star warssssssss

I just want a teaser of some sorts and then watch the audience reactions on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-GOAlgQNQ

It brings the chills every time.

The title reveal and maybe a small behind-the-scenes snippet are the best we can hope for I think. They won't want to pull too much of the focus off of Rogue One.

Will the streams be archived? Really want to see the Rogue One and Ahsoka panels.

Someone will probably upload them to YouTube even if Lucasfilm don't.

LosDaddie

Banned
I might go to the SW Celebration here in Orlando next year if Daisy Ridley is there to get her signature & photgraph for my daughter.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I'm going on Sunday. What time do you think I need to start queuing for wrist bands for the celebration stage? 4am?

Yeah I think the title for VIII is a definite possibility. Force Awakens was announced at the end of photography on Twitter, but now they're wrapping during a SW Celebration.

I'm going on Sunday. What time do you think I need to start queuing for wrist bands for the celebration stage? 4am?

You busy now?

lol. I took Friday off work to go down. I have no idea what to expect in terms of queues but I'm expecting it to be brutal.Just collecting the pass from will-call will probably take until lunch. I just want to see Hamill live and maybe the Rogue One trailer in a room full of fans.

I might go to the SW Celebration here in Orlando next year if Daisy Ridley is there to get her signature & photgraph for my daughter.

Unlikely, they haven't been doing any signings. And the old cast already charges stupid prices. Mark Hamill is like 140 for a photoop at Europe I believe

Carl2291

Hype!

Looking forward to Rogue One's new trailer, with Vader included.

Looking forward to Ewan McGregor showing up, as he's in London and has to be there for the Obi Wan film announcement.

Looking forward to Episode VIII finally getting a title.

Looking forward to Rebels Season 3 stuff.

Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom