• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor PC Requirements

Duchess

(page notes that these specs were pulled, so either this is a leak or a mistake)

An interesting entry in the requirements, that I'm not entirely certain of:
  • Additional Notes: Internet required for non-optional patching, no online play.
Now, I'm sure this simply means that an internet connection is required to patch the game, but it almost sounds like it's going to have some form of always-on DRM. Probably not, though?

GHG

Worthless specs unless they tell us what resolution/framerate we can expect from the minimum and recommended.

T4keD0wN

Cant wait to play it on a stuttery 120fps on a system with above recommended specs. The gpus listed are far from equal LOL

Last edited:

skybaby

(page notes that these specs were pulled, so either this is a leak or a mistake)

An interesting entry in the requirements, that I'm not entirely certain of:
  • Additional Notes: Internet required for non-optional patching, no online play.
Now, I'm sure this simply means that an internet connection is required to patch the game, but it almost sounds like it's going to have some form of always-on DRM. Probably not, though?
It's EA, which means denuvo, just like the first game.

T4keD0wN

They should also note “ can’t be responsible for all your crap background services causing poor performance “
Or maybe they could compile shaders in the menu or asynchronously and not in realtime like in their first game?

tusharngf

Recommended:

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: 4 core / 8 threads | Intel Core i5 11600K | Ryzen 5 5600X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 8GB VRAM | RTX2070 | RX 6700 XT
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 130 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Sound card not required.
well these are kinda okay for next gen only game !

Last edited:

Banned
They should also note “ can’t be responsible for all your crap background services causing poor performance “

it's Unreal Engine 4, which means there's a 99% chance it will be a shitshow on PC because modern developers are incompetent and don't give a shit.

and honestly the recent Callisto Protocol patch is proof of the latter. the devs just don't care and can't be arsed to make a good version.

somehow they were able to patch most of the stutters out of the PC version in a single day... which tells me this wasn't a budget/timeframe issue but instead a "I suck as a developer" issue.

Imtjnotu

it's Unreal Engine 4, which means there's a 99% chance it will be a shitshow on PC because modern developers are incompetent and don't give a shit.

and honestly the recent Callisto Protocol patch is proof of the latter. the devs just don't care and can't be arsed to make a good version.

somehow they were able to patch most of the stutters out of the PC version in a single day... which tells me this wasn't a budget/timeframe issue but instead a "I suck as a developer" issue.
It's UE5

Banned

which doesn't change much, especially if it's not 5.1

Fortnite on the latest up to date UE5.1 version has massive shader stutters... maybe less awful compared to the old 5.0 version last season but still absolutely atrocious for the first 3 or 4 matches or so.

Banned
I only played 2 hours but I didn't see any stuttering on my end. YMMV.

posts like these are always the best... because you know the game totally stuttered, the game stutters on the best CPUs out there, and the better the CPU the faster shaders can get compiled, so it gets increasingly worse the lower end your CPU is.

just like all the people who said that Elden Ring had no shader stutters when it launched, somehow there seem to be a lot of people that have magical PCs that precompile shaders through the power of friendship before you start the game.

Graciaus

posts like these are always the best... because you know the game totally stuttered, the game stutters on the best CPUs out there, and the better the CPU the faster shaders can get compiled, so it gets increasingly worse the lower end your CPU is.

just like all the people who said that Elden Ring had no shader stutters when it launched, somehow there seem to be a lot of people that have magical PCs that precompile shaders through the power of friendship before you start the game.
But Elden Ring barely stuttered for me. I've seen videos and the game was unplayable like that. But nice try.

Banned
But Elden Ring barely stuttered for me. I've seen videos and the game was unplayable like that. But nice try.

are you a parody account?

or did you buy your CPU from this guy?
R.05c032f299dbafd5cb97416b81369b64

Fredrik

Maybe I spent too much time in Limgrave idk but it truly was extremely rare for me, and I was there at launch. But for me, when it did happen it wasn’t stuttering, it was a complete freeze, 0fps, for about 1-2 second, I thought it was a crash first time. I played at 1080p at the time, and on Windows 10, don’t know if that matters. Never happened at a boss or anywhere critical so I had no bigger issue, was 60fps locked 99.9% of the time. Played at least 250 hours that way.

Then I upgraded the PC and screen and installed Windows 11, game was patched a lot since launch but it still happens, possibly more often or maybe I just traverse the map faster. Difference is, now it’s like 1/4 of a second halt and then there is a speed up like it tries to pump out the missed frames afterwards. With gsync it’s almost masked up, I’d say it’s a none-issue. Played at least 100 hours that way.

Top Bottom