• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

Guffers

Heads up. Clone Wars may be leaving Netflix Next month on the 7th.

On a interesting note. Saw Sam Witwer playing Star Wars Galaxies on twitch today. brought back the memories of that game

Ah well, now I can justify buying the Clone Wars on Blu ray!

Kalentan

Huh, so I just checked on the Wiki after someone mentioned it and it's true. There is no Bothan characters in the new Star Wars universe. They're still canon, obviously, but no characters introduced have been Bothan.

Sayers

If any of you guys pick up the Clone Wars Blu-rays, I HIGHLY recommend the BTS videos. Really good stuff in there, lots of Filoni of course.

Guffers

Nope. The box set's only Seasons 1-5. I had to import The Lost Missions from Amazon Germany as it's not available in the UK.

I've just decided to buy all of the seasons individually. In Australia the first two seasons came with cool production journals. I love that stuff. It's cost me a bit more but I don't mind.

Seigyoku

I've just decided to buy all of the seasons individually. In Australia the first two seasons came with cool production journals. I love that stuff. It's cost me a bit more but I don't mind.

People buying TCW be aware that none of the sets include the "movie" which I believe is OOP. Yeah it's not the best set of four episodes cut together, but it is where Ahsoka is introduced.

(Also "movie" and seasons 1-5 were published by WB, but "Lost Missions" was published by Disney, so whatever publishing deal there was needs to expire before a real COMPLETE collection can happen.)

Guffers

People buying TCW be aware that none of the sets include the "movie" which I believe is OOP. Yeah it's not the best set of four episodes cut together, but it is where Ahsoka is introduced.

(Also "movie" and seasons 1-5 were published by WB, but "Lost Missions" was published by Disney, so whatever publishing deal there was needs to expire before a real COMPLETE collection can happen.)

Good point. I can't find the movie here in Australia, nor on eBay. Is it out of print?

Jason Aaron and Kieron Gillen are doing another crossover with Star Wars and Doctor Aphra.

star-wars-screaming-citadel-1-666x1024.jpg

StarWars.com and The Star Wars Show are excited to reveal Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel, a five-issue crossover that finds Luke reluctantly teaming with the shady-but-cool archaeologist to investigate the Screaming Citadel, an infamous castle located on the edge of space. It kicks off in May with the Star Wars: The Screaming Citadel one-shot by Kieron Gillen and artist Marco Checchetto, then continues in Jason Aaron's Star Wars #31, Gillen's Doctor Aphra #7, and on. StarWars.com spoke with Gillen and Aaron to find out more, including who else will show up, how they'll take Star Wars into gothic-horror territory, and how The Screaming Citadel, much like 2015's Vader Down crossover, will have a great impact on all characters involved.

Jason Aaron: It spins out of Kieron's Doctor Aphra series. The previous crossover series we did, Vader Down, kind of took my Star Wars book and Kieron's Darth Vader book and slammed the casts together, and grew out of Vader's quest to get his hands on Luke. This one is the same thing, it's Kieron and I coming up with it together. This one's probably more his, more from what he's been setting up in Doctor Aphra. It's really trying to do something like Vader Down. Mix our casts up, this time mixing them up in very different ways than what we did the previous time, and playing with some very different settings and tropes. This is very much a Star Wars gothic-horror story.

Ah thanks, that is what I was wondering. I won't wait for a complete set then; will just go for the Lost Season when I see it on sale.

Ugh, no, not again. The Gillen parts of Vader Down were so bad (and the whole thing was mediocre in general).

I wasn't a big fan either. I thought it was the weakest part of Vader's run and probably Star Wars as well. Hopefully this one's better.

Variety are reporting that Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge is in talks for a part in Han's spin off.

Following her critically acclaimed turn in the Amazon series ”Fleabag," actress Pheobe Waller-Bridge is in talks for a key role in the upcoming ”Star Wars" Han Solo spinoff starring Alden Ehrenreich.

The role would be a CGI-driven performance from Waller-Bridge but would still be a significant part of the ensemble, similarly to key Star Wars characters in the past like Chewbacca, C-3P0 and most recently, Alan Tudyk's K-2SO in ”Rogue One."

Looks like Thandie Newton's in talks for a part as well.

“Westworld” star Thandie Newton may be headed to a galaxy far, far away.

Sources tell Variety the actress is in negotiations to join the upcoming Han Solo spinoff, starring Alden Ehrenreich. Donald Glover, Woody Harrelson and Emilia Clarke co-star in the Disney-Lucasfilm feature, with Phil Lord and Chris Miller directing. As Variety exclusively reported this week, “Fleabag” actress Phoebe Waller-Bridge is also in talks for a key role in the pic. Newton’s character is unknown.

shingi70

Banned
Just picked up the Ahsoka audiobook, will give it a listen before Empires end is out.

This year's celebration should be pretty stacked in terms of news and announcements.

Jerjerrod was in charge of construction of the second Death Star. He's the one that almost shits himself when Vader tells him the Emperor's coming and he'd better hurry up.

TheXbox

Not enough for its own thread, but exciting enough that I thought you guys should catch the heads up:

You know how the last 15 minutes of E.T. are pretty much perfect because Spielberg had Williams compose the music, and then he edited the sequence to what Williams had already recorded?

According to Robert Meyer Burnett, this is apparently the approach Rian Johnson is taking with THE ENTIRETY of "The Last Jedi"

There's almost nothing about this movie that doesn't have me 100% excited.
I guess that explains why Williams began scoring so early. Wonderful approach (and thread-worthy, IMO).

Not enough for its own thread, but exciting enough that I thought you guys should catch the heads up:

You know how the last 15 minutes of E.T. are pretty much perfect because Spielberg had Williams compose the music, and then he edited the sequence to what Williams had already recorded?

According to Robert Meyer Burnett, this is apparently the approach Rian Johnson is taking with THE ENTIRETY of "The Last Jedi"

Sounds like the optimal way to do it. I didn't know Spielberg did that for the ET finale but the ending of the film is pretty perfect.

Toa TAK

Banned

It sounds super obvious in hindsight, but yeah, this is great. If Williams has been writing the score for awhile now, why not?

Teggy

I just got to the episode of Clone Wars where
Boba Fett
shows up.

Ultimate troll move lol.

BTW, do the new Star Wars comics crossover a lot or is it ok to read all back issues of a title at once?

Top Bottom