• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

It's Shelby Young apparently.

-

I love Pablo. Haha.

DD7OsCpUMAEOooG.jpg

Big One

Banned
You know I'm noticing out of all the new Star Wars canon stuff, there's a distinct lack of material that takes place between Episode V and Episode VI. I wonder if there's big plans for a Shadows of the Empire retool or reboot of sorts, like maybe they're going to give Dave Filoni a shot at it with Luke, Leia, and Han being the central characters.

Correct me if I'm wrong though but it just seems to be an untouched period right now.

I think the only Canon work we've had so far in that timespan is the YA book where Leia and Nien Nunb steal the Tydirium.

I wonder if they're leaving it for the ongoing Star Wars comic to deal with.

curb

Banned
Quiet you! I would pay more money than I care to admit for playable Ahsoka. Preferably the Rebels version.

I would too and that's the problem. I paid full price for Battlefront and played it maybe a couple hours. I don't think it's for me but put Ashoka in it and I'll be sold which I really don't want.

Woorloog

Banned
Perhaps some part of Anakin died, being forced to fight against his apprentice. Vader is obviously alive. "Much will change, including you", it is pretty clear Ahsoka is not the only subject of the sentence.

curb

Banned
Finally got around to watching the Forces of Destiny shorts with my four year old daughter. She really enjoyed them so I'd call them a success.

Damn, them Clone Wars feels though.

Sayers

Ehh, these shorts are really not doing it for me. This one especially. One of the things that was so interesting about Jyn Erso is that she wasn't the cliched heroine. I got the sense from the movie that Rogue One was the only noble, selfless thing she had ever done in her life. But it was also the most important thing. The idea of her helping little kids get their kittens back (which is cartoonishly evil even by Star Wars standards), just doesn't fit with the Jyn we see in the movie.

EDIT: Also Jyn Erso would not have left those troopers lying there. She would have executed all four of them on the spot.

Seigyoku

How do we know this?

Wookipedians who are better at this stuff figured it out via the sky and skyline and Leeland Chee confirmed it. (My entire Wook edit record is entirely on one page, and it amuses me to keep it that way.)

Ehh, these shorts are really not doing it for me. This one especially. One of the things that was so interesting about Jyn Erso is that she wasn't the cliched heroine. I got the sense from the movie that Rogue One was the only noble, selfless thing she had ever done in her life. But it was also the most important thing. The idea of her helping little kids get their kittens back (which is cartoonishly evil even by Star Wars standards), just doesn't fit with the Jyn we see in the movie.

EDIT: Also Jyn Erso would not have left those troopers lying there. She would have executed all four of them on the spot.

Ok this came up a LOT in the YT comments and it bugged me to no end. Jyn isn't a selfish person, she just has no interest in ANY DAMN CAUSE. The Empire took her family and destroyed her life. The Rebellion (Mostly through Saw) went and wrecked more of it. Then she's in prison where she has to look out for herself, ok.

And yet, when we get to Jedha, and Saw's people decided to start a MASSIVE firefight in the middle of the crowded streets what does Jyn do? RUN OUT AND RISK HER NECK TO SAVE A LITTLE GIRL. It's the cause, the greater good that Jyn needs to find hope in. Jyn herself when faced with an innocent deciding to intervene is totally in character.

As for the troopers, like the ones on Endor, I'm going with all deaths are happening offscreen. :p

They should upload this stuff to the Star Wars Channel.
Why uploading it to Disney anyway.

Because it's a show Lucasfilm made for Disney's web and TV platforms and that is where it goes? All the Star Wars social media is alerting people to new episodes and their own channel page has the videos listed and the playlist available, so they sure ain't hiding it.

Any way, this batch of eight is now done, curmudgeons can crawl back into caves, me, I've got a book and toy line to collect. Yessssssshhhhh.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
She's probably the most expensive isn't she? I haven't watched it yet. How many of those words are 'hope'?
It's practically random allied NPC-tier lines.

I was also kinda chucking a bit because it reminded me so much of Kiefer Sutherland replacing David Hayter for Metal Gear Solid. You expect an important character to say something during a certain moment, but they just shut up for the most part.

But it's just a short, so it's not the end of the world or anything.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
So Amazon is offering $5 off book purchases of $15 or more when you use code PRIMEBOOKS17. I want to get volume 4 of the Star Wars comics (for like half off!) but I need to spend at least $5 more to use that code. I'm thinking one of the newer novels — I haven't read any of them. Which should I go for? Lost Stars? Bloodline? Maybe A New Dawn? I've heard those are probably the best ones, and they're all about $10.

So Amazon is offering $5 off book purchases of $15 or more when you use code PRIMEBOOKS17. I want to get volume 4 of the Star Wars comics (for like half off!) but I need to spend at least $5 more to use that code. I'm thinking one of the newer novels — I haven't read any of them. Which should I go for? Lost Stars? Bloodline? Maybe A New Dawn? I've heard those are probably the best ones, and they're all about $10.

If you want a better idea of the political situation before TFA and a great Leia story, go with Bloodline. Lost Stars is based around witnessing the main events of the OT from the perspective of two Imperial cadets with a romance story mixed in.

A New Dawn's good as well and is worth reading if you like Rebels. I don't rate it as highly as the other two though.

Are they finished with all the Forces of Destiny shorts?

For now. Eight more to come in October apparently.

Top Bottom