• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

The Storms of Crait one-shot has been officially announced. It's out on the 27th December.

storms-of-crait-1.jpg

Newlove

I'm just gonna post what I said on the SWLeaks sub

b4HsUm9.png

TFA Trailer dropped on Oct. 19th during Monday Night Football, the 16th is a Monday and there is football

So we are predicting a month still before a new trailer. It feels like we have hardly seen anything right now, although the behind the scenes trailer was cool and gave some nice new shots. The draught and thirst will have to continue :(

Two thoughts from myself regarding Star Wars, today.

I really hope Chewbacca is given more moments in this film to steal some spotlight. Hopefully he becomes very protective of Rey and will be a big help to her in some way. The Falcon should belong to him, and if he dies, the Falcon should go with him. I can't imagine a Star Wars universe where Chewie is dead, though. :(

Is it possible to bring yourself back with the force? I mean, I guess being one with the force (the ghosts) are effective enough at guiding the living characters through their trials, but it would be awesome to see Liam Neeson, Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill share a scene together. Maybe Hayden? I don't like that he didn't retain his old age when he passed.

Surfinn

I really hope Chewbacca is given more moments in this film to steal some spotlight. Hopefully he becomes very protective of Rey and will be a big help to her in some way. The Falcon should belong to him, and if he dies, the Falcon should go with him. I can't imagine a Star Wars universe where Chewie is dead, though. :(

Is it possible to bring yourself back with the force? I mean, I guess being one with the force (the ghosts) are effective enough at guiding the living characters through their trials, but it would be awesome to see Liam Neeson, Alec Guinness and Mark Hamill share a scene together. Maybe Hayden? I don't like that he didn't retain his old age when he passed.

First point: Yes. I do believe Chewie is gunna be somewhat of a mentor and older brother type of protector of Rey. But I hope she's genuinely able to learn from him and that Chewie gets more respectable screentime in TLJ. I do enjoy him in TFA, but I think he was more pushing jokes and in the background than he could have been.

Second point: Well they could all still have scenes together as force ghosts. And I do think bringing somebody back to life with the force sets a bad precedent.

sphagnum

Banned

1. He will have some cute moments with the porgs at least if that announced kids books (Cheiwe and the Porgs) is any indication. Also, I take it you aren't familiar with the old EU if you can't imagine Star Wars with a dead Chewie!

2. Unknown but assumed to be no. Qui-Gon cannot materialize in the first place without being in a location extremely Force saturated because he did not complete his training before he died.

Maybe Qui-Gon spent all this time studying some more in ghost world and now he CAN materialize. Maybe Yoda, Obi and Anakin have helped him. And maybe they can appear whatever age they want?

And hey, who knows, maybe they've all been materializing and hanging out with Luke on the island for years. Although if so, Anakin probably should have shown up at Kyo's place and told him to get his shit together at some point.

Maybe Qui-Gon spent all this time studying some more in ghost world and now he CAN materialize. Maybe Yoda, Obi and Anakin have helped him. And maybe they can appear whatever age they want?

And hey, who knows, maybe they've all been materializing and hanging out with Luke on the island for years. Although if so, Anakin probably should have shown up at Kyo's place and told him to get his shit together at some point.

Kylo probably wouldn't give a shit about what Anakin had to say anyway.

It's actually based on a statue from their Mythos line that they did forever ago. It's super expensive on the aftermarket and just in general really badass. The only thing I wish they did with this new figure is include a two heads, one of Guinness and one of Ewan since the original statue had both.

Tom_Cody

GIVE THIS TO ME NOW.

star-wars-obie-wan-sideshow-figure-front-detail.jpg

star-wars-obi-wan-sideshow-figure-back-detail.jpg

star-wars-obi-wan-sideshow-figure-back.jpg

star-wars-obi-wan-sideshow-figure-hooded.jpg

http://www.starwars.com/news/hello-...thos-obi-wan-kenobi-figure?cmp=smc|1078728633

Seriously, just use this statue as a template for the movie. All will be perfect.

It's actually based on a statue from their Mythos line that they did forever ago. It's super expensive on the aftermarket and just in general really badass. The only thing I wish they did with this new figure is include a two heads, one of Guinness and one of Ewan since the original statue had both.
I LOVE that Mythos statue. I'm not a Sideshow collector, but it's awesome that they're doing this figure.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
When the Rogue One tickets went on sale, I couldn't figure out how to pre-order the tickets and once I did, they were all sold out in the Imax theater I wanted to go to. I still got good seats in my local theater but I really wanted to see it on Imax.

I was curious so I checked the later dates, every single showing for the next 3 days were completely sold out not 15 minutes after going live. Shit was crazy.

Top Bottom