• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

No it doesn't. It's a stupid retcon designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator of nerd.

What makes more sense is that by RotJ the Rebels were so stretched and desperate for personnel, they need to get people in their 70's to fight on the frontlines.

What negative does that man being Rex bring to the series versus making him some random dude?

To react with such hostility must mean that Dalbart Klaznucker or whatever his gibberish name is, must be so important to the very core of the series' story that he can't be a fun little retcon to be a retired old Clone Trooper.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Rey and Peter Parker in Episode 9.

83bwVuXl.jpg

Two new TLJ stills, courtesy of the new IncrediBuilds book on the A-Wing:

awing1qpst0.png

awing2d4s0o.png

And some description text (light spoilers):
After Poe Dameron’s squadrons destroyed Starkiller Base, the First Order sought out the Resistance headquarters on the planet of D’Qar to enact their revenge. A-wings flew guard around the Resistance fleet and the transports fleeing the base. When three First Order warships emerged from hyperspace to attack, a squadron of A-wings, commanded by Tallie Lintra, assisted Poe Dameron and the Resistance’s assault bombers in taking on an enemy dreadnought.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
sounds like a Hoth remake minus the snow

hopefully the space battle will be better, though

What Comic One-Shots of Star Wars Comics do we get in the The Journey to TLJ line?

None as far as I know. Just the Captain Phasma four-issue miniseries.

kevin1025

Banned
Two new TLJ stills, courtesy of the new IncrediBuilds book on the A-Wing:

awing1qpst0.png

awing2d4s0o.png

And some description text (light spoilers):
After Poe Dameron's squadrons destroyed Starkiller Base, the First Order sought out the Resistance headquarters on the planet of D'Qar to enact their revenge. A-wings flew guard around the Resistance fleet and the transports fleeing the base. When three First Order warships emerged from hyperspace to attack, a squadron of A-wings, commanded by Tallie Lintra, assisted Poe Dameron and the Resistance's assault bombers in taking on an enemy dreadnought.

Neat! So I guess we're getting a
space battle up front
(when it switches from Luke and Rey, at least), hell yes.

Surfinn

the bad guys
attack the good guys' secret base and the good guys are forced to evacuate their fleet

Not technically part of the Journey to The Last Jedi line, as it is set to release after the movie.

Just gunna tag to be safe.

Yeah, after rereading the description it's pretty similar. Though I'm sure it will feel far different from what we see in the Hoth battle.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Just gunna tag to be safe.

fair enough, I edited

also I'd like to point out that this movie also will have
slightly edited AT-AT walkers

and a Jedi master who will train a neophyte in the ways of the Force

At this point, I can't wait to see which kooky asteroid monster the gang accidentally flies into.

Surfinn

fair enough, I edited

At this point, I can't wait to see which kooky asteroid monster the gang accidentally flies into.

Yo

The film isn't even out yet (neither is a trailer). We don't need to be "it's ESB" once October hits

Come on

fair enough, I edited

Huh. TLJ takes place right after TFA. Why wouldnt the first order retaliate?

Listening to the Certain POV audiobook, and there's one part that's pretty fuckin' hilarious. Third story spoilers:

The third story is about the imperial guy that told his crew to hold fire on the escape pod because there were no life signs on it in the movie. The escape pod that held C-3P0and R2-D2 and the death star plans.

What the book reveals is that, because stormtroopers are such notoriously shit shots, rebels used that as propaganda against the empire. As a result, imperial bureaucrats created a policy that tied gunnery rank promotions to their kills-per-shot ratio to discourage shit aim. So if he'd fired upon an escape pod with no people on it, that would mean he took shots and got no kills. So essentially the guy that let the death star plans get away did so because it would hurt his fucking KDR.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Huh. TLJ takes place right after TFA. Why wouldnt the first order retaliate?

They could have had a different story beat by having the Resistance already bail out of that base before getting invaded and maybe kite the First Order through space until a time and place of their choosing for a trap. But then maybe the trap doesn't work out well for the Resistance and they have to scatter at the end of the film. Something like that.

Surfinn

They could have had a different story beat by having the Resistance already bail out of that base before getting invaded and maybe kite the First Order through space until a time and place of their choosing for a trap. But then maybe the trap doesn't work out well for the Resistance and they have to scatter at the end of the film. Something like that.

Or maybe

A 3 sentence synopsis isn't enough for to anybody to conclude that it's too similar to ESB or that it needs to be changed

Surfinn

Its fine, I didnt even saw the typos :D I meant more, in a sarcastic way, that you are right, that people should stop reading so much into a 5 second movie clip from a trailer and a three sentences synopsis.

But who has time anymore to actually provide analysis when we have streamlined surface criticisms via 3 minute YT videos?!

Top Bottom