• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars |OT| I have a very good feeling about this...

They could fix it with some autotune and a cameo by Kanye.

hidefRotjBib.jpg

Meowster

I have such great memories of Jabba's barge. Sure, the whole plot there made absolute no sense and relied entirely on circumstance, but damn, it was great lol. Bounty Hunter (in disguise) Leia was better than Slave Outfit Leia.

http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness

The results of this were too weird this year. Jar-Jar Binks beating Padme? I realize Padme is kind of a weak character but that is just disastrous lol. I still thought it was cool that Ahsoka beat Luke in the preliminaries, even though Luke is probably my favorite Star Wars character. Hopefully this new trilogy introduces even more good & strong female characters.

The true champion won out in the end. My two favourite characters fought it out in the final.

Cheebo

Banned
Proves they arent adding the walt disney logo to these. Releasing as Lucasfilm ala Marvel. All those fake TFA with the disney logo need to go back to the drawing board.

Rootbeer

Banned
They had to come up with something.

The Fox version makes a great lead-in. Not sure this has the same impact. But I do like it, for what it is.

rallaren

I just hope we will see some great new Star Wars games in the near future. Some cool RPG, with a story siding with the movie timelines perhaps, and many other genres. Edit: But it's up to EA?

I have been playing Star Wars: Force Collection (Konami) on iOS the past year or so and it's pretty fun although my phone is too slow for the latest update, and it still loads a ton. But hey it's Star Wars.

I just hope we will see some great new Star Wars games in the near future. Some cool RPG, with a story siding with the movie timelines perhaps, and many other genres. Edit: But it's up to EA?

I have been playing Star Wars: Force Collection (Konami) on iOS the past year or so and it's pretty fun although my phone is too slow for the latest update, and it still loads a ton. But hey it's Star Wars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game Amy Hennig and Visceral are working on is set during the same time period as the sequel trilogy. It definitely won't be directly linked to any of the films though.

Just noticed this in my inbox!

ilwWGnr.png

Rewatched Jedi. I always found it the weakest of the OT, but good. I still feel the same way. There are are couple of great moments, but it is when the series starts going off rails for me. I'm not the biggest Ewok fan, but I have far greater problems with it; mainly the dialogue (I think this is the movie in which the dialogue starts getting robotic and unnatural). Lines like "The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully" sound specially awkward in delivery. The turning to the dark side bit overall is also heavy handed.

curb

Banned
Rewatched Jedi. I always found it the weakest of the OT, but good. I still feel the same way. There are are couple of great moments, but it is when the series starts going off rails for me. I'm not the biggest Ewok fan, but I have far greater problems with it; mainly the dialogue (I think this is the movie in which the dialogue starts getting robotic and unnatural). Lines like "The Emperor hasn't driven it from you fully" sound specially awkward in delivery. The turning to the dark side bit overall is also heavy handed.

I agree on RotJ. I feel as though Lucas was already starting his transition from a filmmaker to a franchise and licensing manager. I think it's still good and I have great memories of its third act but the older I get, the more I think ESB is far and away the best of all the films (so far).

Also, I've been fiddling with that iOS trading card game - I'm now one X-Wing away from the full set of Force Awakens cards.

JDHarbs

While its not nearly as bad, I always thought it suffered from the same problem that Spiderman 3 did. It had this great opening that the rest of the film couldn't quite top. I loved the Jabba's Palace/Sail Barge sequences and the Speeder Bike sequence was neat, but the Endor battle was weak in comparison to Hoth and even the young me knew the Ewoks felt off in a Star Wars movie. The 2nd Death Star battle had a much larger scale to it than Ep 4's but somehow felt less epic and came off as a "been there, done that" scenario that distracted us from the main cast. The Luke/Vader/Emperor scenes salvaged the rest of the film for me even though Vader's transformation didn't quite feel as natural as it could've been.

Good, not great in my book so I would agree its the weakest of the OT. At one point I even placed RotS above it, but that has been an internal debate for awhile that has gone back and forth.

V > IV >>> VI = III >>> I >>> II

Actually, I don't like the Jabba's palace segment all that much (I've fallen asleep during that segment so many times in the past that I've gotten suspicious :p). I think its good moments are pretty spread throughout the movie.

Meowster

It's the rushed plot that has always bothered me with Jedi (No clue how to resolve Luke/Han/Leia? No idea what to do about this "other?" Let's just make them siblings! Or the reuse of the Death Star). I think it also would have been a little bit better if they made the time between ESB and ROTJ a bit deeper. Luke and Leia feel rightfully hardened but maybe moreso than a year would have on someone.

ghostmind

So are any GAF'ers attending Celebration next week?

My schedule did not work for this year, but I'm thinking that Celebration is going to be pretty exciting for the next 5 years at least, so there will be plenty of opportunities.

Rootbeer

Banned
It would be a very exciting year to attend that's for sure.

Next year would surely be a ton of fun as well.

With new main episode installments coming ever two years instead of three, it's going to keep the pace of announcements and reveals really high.

Do you think we'll see Dagobah again? I kind of would like to see it again at some point. See how it'd look today. Maybe Luke hid there or that there's something secret there, I don't know.

Metalmarc

Just four more days until the trailer then guys, hopefully they will get a good copy out for the rest of us the same day, so we don't have to rely on potato quality trailer footage

Rootbeer

Banned
Wish I could be attending Celebration!

Been noticing some people talking about going on Twitter, so jelly.

Good news is The Forcecast will be broadcasting continuously from the Celebration floor. They have interviews planned and stuff.

http://www.forcecast.net/

For more details listen to the first few minutes of the latest episode

Cheebo

Banned
Jason Ward from Making Star Wars on his newest podcast said he was told by his sources that the eventual 4K release will be the same cuts of the films on Bluray and on the recent digital release

Not that anyone should be surprised.

yesyesyesyesyes!

Lots of SWCA will be livestreamed on starwars.com, including the JJ/Kennedy panel!

For the first time ever, highlights and more than 30 hours of exclusive video content from Star Wars Celebration Anaheim will be officially live streamed to a worldwide community of fans on StarWars.com, all powered by Verizon.

Launching with a live stream of the highly-anticipated kickoff panel featuring Star Wars: The Force Awakens director J.J. Abrams and producer Kathleen Kennedy, the StarWars.com Celebration live stream powered by Verizon will continue providing coverage throughout the four-day event from a specially-designed Star Wars Cantina set located in the middle of the action on the convention floor.

Verizon and StarWars.com will deliver 30-plus hours of live streamed content following Thursday’s Celebration kickoff, featuring over a dozen panels and events, including discussions with actors Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Anthony Daniels, Billy Dee Williams, Ian McDiarmid, and several other performers associated with the Star Wars saga. Additionally, StarWars.com and Verizon will be live streaming the Star Wars Fan Film Awards; the Smuggler’s Bounty radio drama; EA’s new Battlefront videogame; and several other exclusive Celebration events that might otherwise be missed by members from Star Wars’ global fan community.

http://www.starwars.com/news/watch-star-wars-celebration-anaheim-live-on-starwars-com-powered-by-verizon

Rootbeer

Banned
i'll have to rush to be home by 10... was going to do some shopping... maybe I'll do it tomorrow instead.

30 hours of coverage... that is quite generous considering it is a paid event.

Relieved about this news - I couldn't make the screening at Leicester Square in the end. Plus, it would have cost me quite a bit with the train there and back.

Oh fantastic. I will actually be at Celebration on Thursday and Saturday, but I dont know what panels I will be able to attend or what I'll miss. I assume every second of the stream will be recorded by fans.

ghostmind

Awesome news - I'll be in for Thursday at least, and try to catch as much of the rest as I can. Hopefully there is an archive/repeats.

MattyG

Banned
My friend keeps saying that he doesn't think TFA will be good and I'll be disappointed. I hope this next trailer proves him wrong.

Even if it does, he won't admit it. He's just saying it to fuck with me at this point

Yoday

The streaming news is fantastic. I'll probably take a day off from work so I can catch as much of the stream as possible. I'm really impressed that they are doing so much streaming of Celebration for free. They could have easily charged $30-$40 for a weekend streaming pass like Blizzard does for Blizzcon. They must be on a mission to build up as much early hype as possible, and this is a hell of a good way to do it.

MattyG

Banned
Just ordered A New Dawn, Lords of the Sith... and all of the currently released Shakespeare Star Wars books.

Also, Tarkin continues to be great and I can't wait to get into Heir to the Jedi.
SHEEEEEEV

Just ordered A New Dawn, Lords of the Sith... and all of the currently released Shakespeare Star Wars books.

Also, Tarkin continues to be great and I can't wait to get into Heir to the Jedi.
SHEEEEEEV

The Shakespeare books are so good. Looking forward to Lords of the Sith.

Top Bottom