• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II World Championship Series GLOBAL FINALS 2014 – November 1st, 7-8th

Majine

Banned
Steven Bonnell II
‏@Steven_Bonnell
>BE ARTOSIS
>PLAY CARDSTONE
>SPITE SC2
>LOVE CARDSTONE
>COME BACK TO SC2 JUST TO CURSE SOMEONE INTO RETIREMENT
HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

zerg champion!!!!!!!! <3 aaaaaaa ;____;

so so so awesome <3 no one thought he could do it ???? he was the only zerg XD

LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE LIFE

aaaaaaaa the chanting XD wish i was there :x

ps. artosis curse is too stronk

MMA really didn't play very well though, agreed taeja/life was the real final

Hooray!! Yeah. Game 2 Taeja/Life was absolutely crazy. Double cheese open... Taeja coming back from basically no economy then life closing in on the win. Was amazing

SamuraiX-

Steven Bonnell II
&#8207;@Steven_Bonnell
>BE ARTOSIS
>PLAY CARDSTONE
>SPITE SC2
>LOVE CARDSTONE
>COME BACK TO SC2 JUST TO CURSE SOMEONE INTO RETIREMENT
HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT

roflmfao

Destiny going all in no lube on Twitter right now.

Zm6QfUq.png

Was a pretty weak Protoss group in general at Blizzcon. Outside of herO and to a lesser extent sOs, very few Kespa Protoss's go to foreign tournaments because of Proleague.

Was a pretty weak Protoss group in general at Blizzcon. Outside of herO and to a lesser extent sOs, very few Kespa Protoss's go to foreign tournaments because of Proleague.

The protoss line-up was better than the zerg one. Actually scratch that, the protoss line-up at blizzcon was probably the strongest of the 3 before the event.

The protoss line-up was better than the zerg one. Actually scratch that, the protoss line-up at blizzcon was probably the strongest of the 3 before the event.

We had arguably the 4 best Zerg's at Blizzcon (unless there's someone really good from EU as I watch that region the least). Would take Rain, Parting, and sOs over San, Classic and maybe Stardust (who I don't get to watch a lot).

We had arguably the 4 best Zerg's at Blizzcon (unless there's someone really good from EU as I watch that region the least). Would take Rain, Parting, and sOs over San, Classic and maybe Stardust (who I don't get to watch a lot).

There is no argument to be made. Jaedong is nowhere near the top 4 zergs in the world, there are foreign zergs better than him. I don't think hyun is either but i guess maybe you could argue that. Also before this tournament heaps of people were totally writing life off so lets not change history. Basically the only zerg who was given a legit shot of winning this tournament was soo.

You can't ignore that there were 6 protoss vs 4 zergs. They weren't slouches either, 3 of the protoss players have won code S before and hero has won a lot of tournaments as well.

There is no argument to be made. Jaedong is nowhere near the top 4 zergs in the world, there are foreign zergs better than him. I don't think hyun is either but i guess maybe you could argue that. Also before this tournament heaps of people were totally writing life off so lets not change history. Basically the only zerg who was given a legit shot of winning this tournament was soo.

You can't ignore that there were 6 protoss vs 4 zergs. They weren't slouches either, 3 of the protoss players have won code S before and hero has won a lot of tournaments as well.

People who doubted Life are stupid. Nobody can prepare enough for him because of how unpredictable he is. I think if he started against anyone but Zest people would have predicted him to make it farther. I forgot about True who I would take over Jaedong but that's it. Classic has really done nothing outside of winning GSL once. He was always on the back of SKT1's bench and even when moving up after winning GSL he still wasn't doing all that well. San is basically a lesser version of herO where he can be really good at times but also play really badly at any moment.

I don't own SC2 in any capacity. What would be the cheapest way to get up to speed (i.e. buying it and the expansions or whatever)? I would prefer to just go digital, less hassle. I'm not sure if my only choice is directly from Blizzard though. Thanks.

Syf

Banned
I don't own SC2 in any capacity. What would be the cheapest way to get up to speed (i.e. buying it and the expansions or whatever)? I would prefer to just go digital, less hassle. I'm not sure if my only choice is directly from Blizzard though. Thanks.
Both games just got price cuts to $20 straight from Blizzard in their online store. I'd go with that. They'll be tied to your battle.net account and you can download them anytime. Wings of Liberty is the base game and required to play Heart of the Swarm.

Daante

Incredible tournament, so fucking happy Life won it all.

Life vs Taeja was soooooo sick and intense! , one of the best matches iv seen in a long long time.

jasonng

Also they've just announced that LOTV is going to be stand alone so you can play multiplayer without the first two games. So it depends what you're looking for. If you have no desire to play the campaign you can just skip straight to the last expansion. That is, if you can wait.

Both games just got price cuts to $20 straight from Blizzard in their online store. I'd go with that. They'll be tied to your battle.net account and you can download them anytime. Wings of Liberty is the base game and required to play Heart of the Swarm.

Ah, I didn't know it was recently discounted. I'm trying the Starter Edition right now and thinking about maybe buying it. Too bad HOTS isn't included in some kind of bundle.

Also they've just announced that LOTV is going to be stand alone so you can play multiplayer without the first two games. So it depends what you're looking for. If you have no desire to play the campaign you can just skip straight to the last expansion. That is, if you can wait.

Oh, did not know this. Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I would have to buy all 3 things. I'm guessing LOTV is at least 5 or 6 months out right now though. Something to think about.

SamuraiX-

Oh, did not know this. Thanks for the heads-up. I thought I would have to buy all 3 things. I'm guessing LOTV is at least 5 or 6 months out right now though. Something to think about.

The betas for WoL and HotS lasted about 5-6 months. LotV beta is expected to begin as early as February or March 2015 so I wouldn't anticipate an official release until late Fall, early Winter 2015 at the earliest.

huxley00

I've watched a fair amount of SC2 tournamnets over the years, this was probably my favorite one I've watched. The matches were excellent....and the final matchup was so much fun to watch.

Lethe82

Banned
Also everyone who has posted here and enjoyed the tournament etc, don't forget to check out and participate in our SCII community thread

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519039

Yeah honestly just think of the previous two games as 'I am paying 20 dollars for the single player campaigns'. Would each campaign be worth 20 dollars each to you?

Blizzard was really stupid in not making each entry stand alone. I remember when it use to be 80 dollars just to play Hots.

Top Bottom