• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starhawk Leaked Screenshots [Grainy Video]

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I'm willing to bet that eat, sleep, play and lightbox share tech. Some effects in starhawk look similar to the new twisted metal.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
the Android app that will allow you to stay in constant touch with the Starhawk universe whilst you are away from your PS3.

fyeah.gif

Why dont more devs do apps on phones :/

Loudninja said:
No hover btw.

>.> That was great with Warhawk. Having someone chase you, drop into hover around a building/ obstacle and go into flight to get on their tail. Hmmm a little bit worried about "easier to control" planes. Please don't turn this into a KZ3 type of mess.

BeeDog

Just read the 4-page GI interview. These guys seem to be getting it. Good stuff, though I can't shake the feeling that the SP won't be a proper single-player campaign, but more like random MP skirmishes but against bots. At least that's the image I got from the GTTV clip.

Carl

BeeDog said:
Just read the 4-page GI interview. These guys seem to be getting it. Good stuff, though I can't shake the feeling that the SP won't be a proper single-player campaign, but more like random MP skirmishes but against bots. At least that's the image I got from the GTTV clip.

That's what i got from TSA preview too.

jackdoe

BeeDog said:
It seems like that to me too. A Brink repeat?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Thrakier said:
Nooooooooooooo... :(

I also dislike the new Warhawk design.

It's too... thin or something isn't it? I don't dig it either but I wonder if the other faction model is different (just like it was in Warhawk).

evolution

The rts elements sound really interesting. Building up your base and defenses sounds pretty crazy. I can't picture how this is gonna work in multiplayer yet, but i can't wait to try it out.

BeeDog

The dangerous thing about having RTS elements in a competitive shooter is that if your teammates are dunces and can't build for shit, you'll get battered. Hopefully the importance of correct/rapid base-building is downplayed in the end, since the core of the game should remain a 3rd person shooter. That's my main fear right now, I guess.

Afrikan

SolidSnakex said:
Preview

http://www.vg247.com/2011/05/13/sonys-final-frontier-starhawk-unveiled-in-london/

Emmett Graves (the main character)

http://i.imgur.com/tjVya.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

"Other features that are mentioned in passing but not discussed in detail at this unveiling are a co-op mode for up to four players, an Android app to keep players in-touch with the community, automated tournaments, an in-game calendar and [B]cross-server voice chat[/B]"

what's that? lobby chat?....or just a fancy way of saying regular voice chat?

evolution

Im sad that hover mode is gone, but I think being able to transform into a mech on the fly will make up for it. We should be able to use similar strategies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Loudninja said:
You have to build everything so you really going to need good teamwork.

yeah, and you are limited to 16 buildings as well.

Not sure how this is gonna work well with strangers. I'm afraid people will just run around calling random building down to smash enemy hawks.

By the way, no tanks? Only Jeeps?

What about turrets? Can we man them?

evolution said:
Im sad that hover mode is gone, but I think being able to transform into a mech on the fly will make up for it. We should be able to use similar strategies.

Maybe the mech can jump and hover a bit?

Loudninja

TTP said:
yeah, and you are limited to 16 buildings as well.

Not sure how this is gonna work well with strangers. I'm afraid people will just run around calling random building down to smash enemy hawks.

By the way, no tanks? Only Jeeps?

What about turrets? Can we man them?
There were only a small number of buildings in the version available to play but many more will be available in the full game. In the sequence I played I could purchase automatic defence turrets, an armoured barracks packed full of weapons and a support tower. The support tower will supply a stream of AI controlled characters who fight on your behalf. Two other buildings were available, beam towers and a Hawk pad.
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2011/05/13/mechs-rifts-waiting-twelve-months-hands-on-with-starhawk/

Kaizer

Banned
BeeDog said:
The dangerous thing about having RTS elements in a competitive shooter is that if your teammates are dunces and can't build for shit, you'll get battered. Hopefully the importance of correct/rapid base-building is downplayed in the end, since the core of the game should remain a 3rd person shooter. That's my main fear right now, I guess.
Yeah I thought about that too, but I guess it balances itself out since rift energy points will be earned for various tasks, so even if you do have a few trolls on your team, you could still make up the lost points.

No45

jigglywiggly said:
Additional friends list in game? WHY DON'T ALL DEVS DO THIS?
Because everyone moans if it's not a unified PSN list.

Afrikan said:
"Other features that are mentioned in passing but not discussed in detail at this unveiling are a co-op mode for up to four players, an Android app to keep players in-touch with the community, automated tournaments, an in-game calendar and cross-server voice chat"

what's that? lobby chat?....or just a fancy way of saying regular voice chat?
You can chat with other clan member regardless of where they're playing, I assume.

Loudninja

Kaizer said:
Yeah I thought about that too, but I guess it balances itself out since rift energy points will be earned for various tasks, so even if you do have a few trolls on your team, you could still make up the lost points.
I am not worry about that it will all work out in the end. :) So how about that 4 player co-op?

Touch

I have to say, I'm impressed by what I have seen so far. Nothing like what I thought it was going to be but from the footage the game looks amazing. The flying looks to be the same as before which is awesome. I loved just flying around in Warhawk, fighting or not. It was just so much fun to just fly around :D

the game is looking pretty awesome, i'm thinking warhawk will be one of the free ps3 games from those 5, just to spur more interest in the franchise.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
kazuma_pt said:
the game is looking pretty awesome, i'm thinking warhawk will be one of the free ps3 games from those 5, just to spur more interest in the franchise.
Id might have to jump back into warhawk if that was the case. Its so hard to play the game now, people are so good lol.

No hover and no sign of clouds is sad but otherwise looks good. Seems missions in SP will be about taking out targets on the checklist seen in the upper left corner. That's ok with me. Makes for a new experience every time you play and allows it to remain open and vast without limiting you to specific missions in linear/scripted form.

fixuis

Amazing!!!but pleaseeee bring back server lists!! I've asked Dylan this as well as I could not find an answer, are there going to be space battles?!?!

Edit: just saw the other thread, awesome!! Space battles! :) thanks Doom!

fixuis said:
Amazing!!!but pleaseeee bring back server lists!! I've asked Dylan this as well as I could not find an answer, are there going to be space battles?!?!

yes there will be , a thesixthaxis.com interview confirmed it, link is in other thread.

SykoTech

Oh man, I fell dead asleep before the show was even over. Definitely interested though. The gameplay looks great, and extra points for some slick transforming.

Top Bottom