• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Decay PC: Early Access 'in a couple of weeks', sales reach 938k on 360

Trigger

But where is sandbox mode?

lol, fuck the PC. :p

There's plenty of room for both, hell I'll be rebuying this on PC as well as Dead State. They're quite different in many ways too especially from how they play by the looks of it.

Yeah, Dead State looks to be a traditional RPG whereas State of Decay is more of an action game with sim elements and some RPG-lite features. They'll be targeting different niches.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
The only differences I can tell is this game is full 3D and the combat is real time (and extremely janky). Everything else it's doing are things I saw being advertised in Dead State back when they were doing their kickstarter. Stuff like finding a base, managing it and the supplies and going out foraging for supplies. Except since Dead State is a crpg they're trying to go deeper into the RPG side. Like you supposedly can be leader of the group and deal with constant group politics and deal with other human groups or you can just be a guy with a small job. It has the standard old school style crpg conversation system too.

Granted this is all up in the air still as we've barely heard anything on DS since the kickstarter ended.

True Dead State is definitely more of an RPG by the looks of it but I think you'll dig State Of Decay as long as you don't mind jank, it's a very gameplay/systems driven game.

Yeah, Dead State looks to be a traditional RPG whereas State of Decay is more of an action game with sim elements and some RPG-lite features. They'll be targeting different niches.

That'll be me in both niches then! :p

Derrick01

Banned
True Dead State is definitely more of an RPG by the looks of it but I think you'll dig State Of Decay as long as you don't mind jank, it's a very gameplay/systems driven game.

Yup I first saw it in a thread back in the Spring and thought it looked great. Jank with ambition is acceptable, most of the greatest games ever were pretty janky in areas like combat and presentation because more effort was put into the gameplay and deep mechanics. I miss when everyone was making games that way.

Top Bottom