• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steady hand with cam + placing laptop at right angle = Transparent Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here's a fun idea.

transparent.jpg

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
that's really cool, so it's basically a pic of the background without the computer screen in the way as a wall paper?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Heh, I've actually thrown this idea around, I just got frustrated trying to line the camera up properly and I've got a fairly jittery hand. Now so long as you never move the laptops, you're set. :D

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Couldn't you also just tape a high quality web cam to the back of the screen and set the view as a full motion video background?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
capslock said:
Couldn't you also just tape a high quality web cam to the back of the screen and set the view as a full motion video background?

heh. I once wondered about that as a way of cloaking vehicles. Lots of tiny cameras and lcd screens in a pattern all over, with each LCD displaying a live feed of the other side.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
capslock said:
No, that wouldn't complete the effect, since the webcam would be sizable and there'd be a difference between the image it captured and what you should be seeing through the laptop. What's included, or rather excluded, in the frame and the perspective would be out of sync.

Gek54

They remove the screen, take a picture and then put the screen back and upload the picture to the desktop. They are not using a handicam....dumbasses.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
The icons that we see "through" the closest laptop don't line up with the contents of the other desktop's screen.

I'm disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom