• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam | 02.2016 - Orangeade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Still waiting for user curated store inside Steam, SteamOS to be the fraction of what it was touted to be and Steam telling me how i can expect a game to run on my specs, Gabe.

autoduelist

what is the thinking on the current humble -weekly- bundle? I'm definitely getting tier 1 for Frozen Cortex, and Lux and Shattered Planet look good too.

The Last Planet and Reassembly look good, but I don't know if they are 'must haves' or not. And the top tier (Chaos Reborn, Big Pharma) are also mysteries to me (I watched all the trailers, and they look decent, but it's not like i don't have a huge backlog).

I like 4x games, strategy games, etc... and I know Last Planet is by the people that made AI War, but AI War is backlogged. Chaos Reborn says it's by the original designer of xcom which sounds amazing, but I wasn't sold on the trailer. So basically... is this a 'definitely get this' bundle or are people on the fence?

It is so easy to sell VR for Valve and they just refuse to do it. They just need to announce HL3 or Portal 3 with VR support and they are done :D

Yeah. I actually dont understand why they dont just do it. Oculus has like 3 or more games in development.

Valve, at least according to the information we have now, doesnt even have one. Even a short game like Portal with VR Support by Valve, just a 2 hour experience, would be great.

kagamin

N++?
phFURjV.png

Uzzy

Speaking of SFV, the TV Spot for it is pretty cool. Borrows from the original reveal trailer, but it's still getting me all tingly.

The Pro Tour schedule was also released last night. 72 events spread around the world, which is great to see, hopefully we'll see some new faces emerge from new regions of the globe. Keoma's performance at last year's Capcom Cup was really great to see. It's also good to see that only the winner at one of the Premier Events will get through, no more squeezing in by coming third behind two other qualifiers.

Speaking of SFV, the TV Spot for it is pretty cool. Borrows from the original reveal trailer, but it's still getting me all tingly.

The Pro Tour schedule was also released last night. 72 events spread around the world, which is great to see, hopefully we'll see some new faces emerge from new regions of the globe. Keoma's performance at last year's Capcom Cup was really great to see. It's also good to see that only the winner at one of the Premier Events will get through, no more squeezing in by coming third behind two other qualifiers.

After seeing some thoughts put out on how to properly play Ken in SFV, I'm now eager to get my hands on the game. Hurry up, Tuesday... you're too far away.

Are we getting a pre-load?

Why didn't I play as Sakura in SFIV? Why isn't Sakura in SFV? Also Omega Mode is fruity as fuck!

Be thankful that's a link as it started life as a 2GB gif that used all my RAM up in seconds.

I never liked Girl Ryu with the Pixie cut.
Throw her in the garbage with Dan and Sean.

Deques

Whaaaaat? I totally missed that.

This is what I really dislike about PC gaming, that games are being removed left and right (exaggerating).
It's the second time that it got removed. It probably will be back. If it's not coming back you can still buy it from nuuvem

Messiah

GG AC+R got removed earlier as well erroneously. I think River City Super Sports Challenge too.

Probably just Valve bullying anime devs.

Didn't know Zach Barth, the creative director of Zachtronics (Spacechem, Infinifactory, TIS-100) joined Valve.

He's doing VR stuff. Will be talking about SteamVR and Unity today.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't know Zach Barth, the creative director of Zachtronics (Spacechem, Infinifactory, TIS-100) joined Valve.

Misread the name as "Zach Braff" at first and was puzzled, haha.

Dr Dogg

Girl Ryu is fun. If she shows in SFV eventually, hopefully her gym outfit will be the default, just to show that she's aged a bit.

she was my main for quite a while and that combo was my go to. that and that killer air juggle

supper bummed she aint in V

Despite her have stupid combo potential most of her links are bastard hard that I end up dropping combos left, right and centre. Thankfully Omega Mode is more like easy mode and you can happily slap buttons and cool shit comes out. And seeing as it was kinda the beta-beta test for SFV it's I'm even more pissy Sakura isn't in V... yet!

Of course there's also the 'Complete Pressetnation' to look forward to tonight. Probably going to be in Japanese going by the deets in this here YouTube countdown and link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbTZK7ss5xg

But there's a 4v4 tourney on there as well so should be something to whet the appetite at least.

I never liked Girl Ryu with the Pixie cut.
Throw her in the garbage with Dan and Sean.

Sacrilege!

Here's to the Summer Sale game being TIS-rific!

Yeah. Seems so...

That's exactly it, and that's super abusable.Shit, resellers could make a killing buying one key, activate in 30 accounts and then resell the accounts.

Damn, that's nuts. As tempting as that is though, it would be pretty easy to determine who has done that. Doesn't seem worth the risk to me. But I guess if you're just selling off the accounts and not doing it on your main account, I suppose there's less risk. /shrug

MUnited83

For you.
Damn, that's nuts. As tempting as that is though, it would be pretty easy to determine who has done that. Doesn't seem worth the risk to me. But I guess if you're just selling off the accounts and not doing it on your main account, I suppose there's less risk. /shrug

I feel tempted to make a thread about it (with no links to the bot) to see if we can light a fire under Valve's ass to fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom