• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

for the black controller dont u have to install the drivers? the white one i know is plug and play...

They should all ring up the same, the only distinction between the 360 controllers is whether ithey're wired or not. The PC specific labeled wired/wireless 360 controllers aren't unique.

Reckoner

Is Max Payne's white dot for aiming supposed to be REALLY small on widescreen monitors? The game wouldn't be bad (besides me fumbling to find the bullet time activation key instead of shootdodge everywhere) on Windows 8 if I could fix that and maybe use a controller on it.

Note: 1-2. There is no Max Payne 3.

I played it on 720p on my 32"widescreen tv and didn't have issues.

Arthea

Just quoting this to get your attention since I noticed you didn't pick it up yet: only 2 more days for Skullgirls owners to get the first DLC character (Squigly) for free. After November 22nd, she will be a paid DLC download.

Oh thanks, I haven't noticed, will check after work.
As we are talking Skullgirls, I don't have a stick, so I tried to play with a controller, and something is off, or my timing is really bad, or controller works in weird ways, or I have to go through tutorial for this, or it's better to use keyboard. Which one is it, you'd think?

Milamber

Wasn't it you that failed to provide proof that driving a truck is actually fun?
Well, you can rest assured now, copons might succeed in this (><)

YpJfcXY.gif

mannerbot

Oh thanks, I haven't noticed, will check after work.
As we are talking Skullgirls, I don't have a stick, so I tried to play with a controller, and something is off, or my timing is really bad, or controller works in weird ways, or I have to go through tutorial for this, or it's better to use keyboard. Which one is it, you'd think?

Well, I'd recommend going through the tutorial regardless because it's actually really good. It starts from the ground up with telling you how to move left and right, and then goes into high/low/tick block mixups and then air dashing cancels, pretty amazing resource for people new to fighting games.

What controller do you have and what is the issue you're having?

Copons

Thanks, I hadn't seen this yet. I just finished the first season a few days ago. Cried at the end. My girlfriend came home right in time to see me start tearing up at my computer. She didn't understand what I was going through.

Them won't never understand what's going on in our gamer mind. I played TWD with my gf, and while I was ALWAYS overwhelmed by tsunamis of feels, she was like "ahahahaha let them sons of bitches die already!" :(

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed adventures of copons in ETS2 and beyond. Keep at it, copons, I might end buying ETS2 too (><)

You're LATE like a Copons Inc. delivery, but thank you anyway! :)

Also, yesterday night (holy shit, I'm in a development crunch time at work and I spent half of my real life sleeping time sleeping on a truck wheel) I had this scary moment while approaching my first toll booth, because I thought trucks here has "telepass" (or whatever they're called in English, Wiki says "electronic toll collection") and I went there at like 90km/h when I suddenly noticed the payment icon and I slammed on the brakes, stopping in the right place, I don't even know how.
C'mon, game! I'm a pro truck driver, I'm supposed to live on highways and I can't even afford a telepass?
Totally killed my suspension of disbelief. :D

So The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is a free-to-play Diablo/Dungeon Keeper mash-up being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and, of course, being published by Ubisoft. So why is this game up for Early Access on Steam with 20$, 40$ and 100$ tiers? Looks like they are not only crowd-sourcing their design, with users providing the brunt of their content, but also some of their funding.

Is this the first such game to be released on Early Access by a major publisher or have there been others? None come to mind, other than Paradox. They have a few games up there, I guess they count, sorta, but they're not even in the same league as a company like Ubisoft. I get games like Prison Architect, Project Zomboid, Door Kickers et all are early access. These are games being developed by a couple of people that have no publisher, they're working independently and need funding. I don't get why a major publisher like Ubisoft is on there.

Tizoc

Apparently Sonic Racing Transformed is expected to get an 'update' today.
Anyone find any info on this or provide what changes occurred to the Registry?

Copons

So The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot is a free-to-play Diablo/Dungeon Keeper mash-up being developed by Ubisoft Montreal and, of course, being published by Ubisoft. So why is this game up for Early Access on Steam with 20$, 40$ and 100$ tiers? Looks like they are not only crowd-sourcing their design, with users providing the brunt of their content, but also some of their funding.

Is this the first such game to be released on Early Access by a major publisher or have there been others? None come to mind, other than Paradox. They have a few games up there, I guess they count, sorta, but they're not even in the same league as a company like Ubisoft. I get games like Prison Architect, Project Zomboid, Door Kickers et all are early access. These are games being developed by a couple of people that have no publisher, they're working independently and need funding. I don't get why a major publisher like Ubisoft is on there.

I said the same things a while ago and someone pointed out that this is actually the second time Ubisoft pulls an Early Access, but I can't remember which was the other game.

Will you become her representative here?

I might, I might.
I already am IRL, so it should be somewhat easy. :D

Deques

It's second game by Ubisoft that is in Early Access. They also have Might & Magic X - Legacy in early access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750

Arthea

Ok, may be word "failed" was a bit harsh :)
I replace it "weren't eager"

Well, I'd recommend going through the tutorial regardless because it's actually really good. It starts from the ground up with telling you how to move left and right, and then goes into high/low/tick block mixups and then air dashing cancels, pretty amazing resource for people new to fighting games.

What controller do you have and what is the issue you're having?
xbox360 of course. I have many issues with it, attacks seem to work nicely, while moving, jumping and dashing not so much. Not like it does not work, it works, only sometimes in very unexpected ways.

mannerbot

Ok, may be word "failed" was a bit harsh :)
I replace it "weren't eager"

xbox360 of course. I have many issues with it, attacks seem to work nicely, while moving, jumping and dashing not so much. Not like it does not work, it works, only sometimes in very unexpected ways.

Well, you can go into training mode with inputs shown and see what's going on, and try to figure out if it's actually your fault or if the controller is bugging out. Obviously the 360 dpad is terrible so pretty good chance of it just being that?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Awesome, think I've just about hit £10 in Steam wallet money again from card sales, will be handy when the sales come around! Already added a few things to the wishlist, fingers crossed they get a decent discount.

Arthea

Well, you can go into training mode with inputs shown and see what's going on, and try to figure out if it's actually your fault or if the controller is bugging out. Obviously the 360 dpad is terrible so pretty good chance of it just being that?

This thought does occur to me. Thanks, I'll try training mode and we'll see what's up.

I said the same things a while ago and someone pointed out that this is actually the second time Ubisoft pulls an Early Access, but I can't remember which was the other game.

It's second game by Ubisoft that is in Early Access. They also have Might & Magic X - Legacy in early access
http://store.steampowered.com/app/238750

Scrolling through the Early Access page there's no mandate beyond users paying to gain access to and provide feedback for a game while it's being developed. It isn't restricted primarily to smaller, independent developers, Early Access has just predominantly been independent developers since its inception.

It just seems kind of shitty that a multi-million dollar corporation that can clearly afford to fund its own products would use the service. May not bother other people but seeing this or Square-Enix's crowd-source initiative also kind of raised my hackles.

cicero

Does anyone know of a good legit place to buy a BTA gift copy of Groupees Be Mine X indie bundle? I can't believe I forgot to buy it. :(

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Black Flag may run like a dog's breakfast, but I appreciate that SMAA is supported at the engine level. I wish more games did this, in lieu of or in addition to the usual FXAA (Crysis 3 is the only other one comes to mind).

I could've sworn that Saoirse avatar wasn't looking as smug as she does now. Really. :p

Haha. :p

For somebody who posts so much, you are still amazingly low key in terms of reading the thread.

I mean that in a really positive way.

<3

image.php
usuckida7r.jpg

But but... how much passion, or even... lust!, does she have in her eyes while following uPlay downloading bar?

Yvonne Strahovski would never betray Steam vanilla client download page like this.

It's not betrayal if the Uplay game is launched from Steam!

We need more Ronan avatars.

Fixed. ;)

Arthea

I don't think we are ready for even more Ronan avatars, and think about our poor modbot, how confused it should be by now.

I'm so glad I've bought no AC4, thanks Jasec. (><)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Them won't never understand what's going on in our gamer mind. I played TWD with my gf, and while I was ALWAYS overwhelmed by tsunamis of feels, she was like "ahahahaha let them sons of bitches die already!" :(

I experienced the same thing. I got her to play the first episode and by the time she got to the pharmacy I couldn't watch anymore. She's a goddamn monster. When she got to the choice between Duck or the older guy, she didn't even hesitate before saying "Fuck that kid."

I hope we never have children.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So uh... have people actually won from Steam Gifts (barring the giveaways and GAF Group gifts)?

I won Castle Crashers in a public giveaway with no limit on it once, that's the only non-group one I've won. All in all I've won 4 times out of 2,100 entries.

Edit: The Castle Crashers giveaway I won had 3,312 entries, giving me a 0.03% chance of winning. Pretty lucky, but over time you're likely to win something eventually. Especially if you give away more games or join various groups (although I don't really know of many groups on there that aren't private ones for people who give away lots of games)

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
While I did get feels throughout The Walking Dead, none of them were for Duck. Fuck that kid (not literally).

No way, man. While Duck was fairly worthless in the first two episodes, he was amazing in the third. I don't laugh out loud at games very often, but some of the stuff in the beginning of episode three killed me.

JaseC

How exactly did you do that?

MSI Afterburner to cap the framerate with a pinch of D3DOverrider to enable triple buffering so there's no tearing. I believe you can also force 30fps in the Nvidia control panel by selecting the Adaptive (half refresh) vsync option if you have a 60Hz refresh rate (I assume there's a similar setting for Radeon cards).

No way, man. While Duck was fairly worthless in the first two episodes, he was amazing in the third. I don't laugh out loud at games very often, but some of the stuff in the beginning of episode three killed me.

You're not the only one.

I loved the way they made Duck relevant at the start of Episode 3, but I immediately realized where everything was headed after that.
Carly getting shot in the face shocked me way more.

MSI Afterburner to cap the framerate with a pinch of D3DOverrider to enable triple buffering so there's no tearing. I believe you can also force 30fps in the Nvidia control panel by selecting the Adaptive (half refresh) vsync option if you have a 60Hz refresh rate (I assume there's a similar setting for Radeon cards).

All right, I'll give that a shot. Sick at home anyways, gonna spend my day assassinating fools.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
You're not the only one.

I loved the way they made Duck relevant at the start of Episode 3, but I immediately realized where everything was headed after that.
Carly getting shot in the face shocked me way more.

I was incredibly surprised when that went down.
I had been to slow to select my action right before Carley was shot, so I originally thought that it was my fault she was shot. Wrecked me.

Copons

Aw men, FFS I picked the kid! Y'all are MONSTERS who don't think that after the zombie apocalypse there should always be a new generation to repopulate the planet!

Also, I strongly hoped humanity destiny wasn't in his hands, because fuck that kid! :D

Arthea

Kids hate is heavy in this thread, as is appropriate for it ending and such.

I have some boring questions. I might have to travel some during winter sales again (just my luck, I guess), but this time I plan to take my laptop. I was wondering, is "using a new computer thingie" is detected by IP, if I move to a new location, is it considered a new PC every time? And if yes, is there limits to how many PCs can access same account or any other limitations I should know about?

The_Monk

And if yes, is there limits to how many PCs can access same account or any other limitations I should know about?

I think only a very small portion of games on Steam has some sort of Activation limits fellow GAFfer, but I'm not sure which. I remember some time ago there was a patch that increased the number of possible activations for said game. It was posted here but my memory fails. With Steam I think you'll be fine :)

I think only a very small portion of games on Steam has some sort of Activation limits fellow GAFfer, but I'm not sure which. I remember some time ago there was a patch that increased the number of possible activations for said game. It was posted here but my memory fails. With Steam I think you'll be fine :)
I don't think he's talking about game activation, I think it's about steam guard.

Arthea

Thanks, but unlikely I have time to play games, I more meant in terms of sales, using my wallet, getting access to my account and things like that.

I don't think he's talking about game activation, I think it's about steam guard.

That's correct and thanks \/.

JaseC

Kids hate is heavy in this thread, as is appropriate for it ending and such.

I have some boring questions. I might have to travel some during winter sales again (just my luck, I guess), but this time I plan to take my laptop. I was wondering, is "using a new computer thingie" is detected by IP, if I move to a new location, is it considered a new PC every time? And if yes, is there limits to how many PCs can access same account or any other limitations I should know about?

Steam Guard isn't IP-based and there's no limit to the amount of authorised devices you can have (not to be confused with Family Sharing, which has a 10-device limit).

The_Monk

I can already tell what the picture is hinting at.

I need to finish walking dead before getting spoiled!

Yes don't leave that game on the Backlog for too long fellow GAFfer. You can always play one chapter each day, or every 2 days if you don't have much time.

I mean... do it for Clementine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom