• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VII: Known bug with library game count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noaksey

Neo Member
Spelunky is the best game I've played in a long time. Almost at 100 hours on the Steam version even though I own it on Vita and 360. It has the most pure, tight mechanics of any platformer since Super Meat Boy.
My house mate has pretty much done thr same thing. He blaims the daily challenges

didamangi

I have read every post and have noticed that several GAFers really want to play this game ... So I decided to give it away, keep in mind that I have blocked several people who have been immature with the fact that I won this game, so they will not be able to participate ... They know who they are .. ;)

Plot twist!

marrec

Banned
Spelunky is the best game I've played in a long time. Almost at 100 hours on the Steam version even though I own it on Vita and 360. It has the most pure, tight mechanics of any platformer since Super Meat Boy.

I completely agree.

It took over my Vita for many weeks and showed no shame about it either. Easily in my top 10 of this generation.

I was just wondering why it seemed like everyone suddenly wanted a sale.

nexen

I've never played any of the Red Faction games, but am seeing the Indie Gala collection. Are they good games? Is it just a run and gun shooter, or something else altogether?

Red Faction 1: early example of a linear story-based corridor shooter (ala Half Life). Defining characteristics: destructible level geometry, railgun that shoots through walls, insane (possibly dead) multiplayer due to aforementioned features.

Red Faction 2: mid xbox 1 / ps2 era linear story based corridor shooter. Defining characteristics: terribad.

Red Faction Guerilla: open world sandbox game on Mars with lots of destroyable buildings. Defining characteristics: kinda bland, but great destruction. Hammer. Ostrich Hammer. I think it is generally agreed upon that this is the best game in the series, though some still dislike it.

Red Faction Armageddon: linear corridor based shooter with destruction and reconstruction. Defining characteristics: painfully mediocre, though destruction is still neat. Magnetic rifle weapon thing. edit: Randomly has a good Descent style level near the end of the game.

Grief.exe

I have read every post and have noticed that several GAFers really want to play this game ... So I decided to give it away, keep in mind that I have blocked several people who have been immature with the fact that I won this game, so they will not be able to participate ... They know who they are .. ;)

Great giveaway! I'm excited to try this game out after hearing so many good things about it!

Of course, that assumes I'm not one of the people on the blocklist ;)

BorntoPlay

Now that's very cool. Though it means you already knew when entering that you didn't really want to get it to play the game. Which sucks and was what I suspected and why people weren't happy. But that you're honest now is great and the end result is what counts. So props to you.

I want to play this game, but not right away... I can wait for this game to be cheap enough to buy it myself...=)

Deques

I don't know who I am, but I entered your giveaway anyway :)

Milamber

No worries, I can buy mine.

Noaksey

Neo Member
Lots new!

New biome, new bosses, new crafting mats, and a truckload of new items. Also there's rumors of a Halloween update and one more before the end of the year.

Jesus that sounds uber tempting. Do I restall is my new thought. .

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Threads moving fast!
Btw Space Engineers on Early Access tomorrow!

5656070.jpg

Space Engineers is coming to steam early access tomorrow

"realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed." has me sold. Thanks for informing me this is even a thing.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Sheesh. I just hope one of the people who's really hyped for Deadly Premonition and will enjoy the hell out of it during week one (or even month one) is the one who wins it this time.

I would like to see your justification for this slur.

B-b-but I'M the one who's stalking YOU!

Awesome!

Balance has been restored to the farce. My work here is done.

But seriously, it's always a pleasure to see your screenshots pop up on my feed and read your posts and impressions here on the forum. I also have nothing but respect for the way you put so many hours into games like XCOM, FTL and Mark of the Ninja: all games that I should really play more myself.

*blushes* I only play them to death because they really grab me and won't let go! I'm not a fan of 'should' or 'shouldn't'; if you play what you choose to play and enjoy it then that's good enough for me :).

In fact, it was because of you that I revisited FTL (a game I played for about 6 hours solid on release day - and then abruptly dropped for no good reason) and came to appreciate it anew. Thank you, fellow GAFfer!

Really? Sweeet! :D Nice to see my rather eccentric ways are appreciated, by you anyway :p.

Of course, then you go and spoil things by playing something like Bad Rats...

Bad kitty! Oh well, nobody's purrfect ;)

Yeah, I probably deserve blacklisting myself for that stupid pun...

Well I did win it from Grief's ModBot and after weeks of dropping pretty heavy hints about how I would like to see what all the fuss was about I felt rather obliged to play it!

I wasn't quite prepared for it to be quite as execrable as I found it though. I knew it would be bad but it really is a whole order of magnitude of excrement in my opinion. I dislike starting and leaving games unfinished but decided not to punish myself any further. I'm hopeful that Daikatana elevates itself into Bad Rat's lofty perch of worst game on Steam. As woeful as that game apparently is it can surely not be as painful to play as BRs!

Oh and I give your pun a groan/10 [it made me smile despite being awful!]

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
why do developers update games...

they seem to always make them worse. just stop it please.

Could you be more specific? What game? A lot of developers who update their games make them much, much better.

kidko

Do they ever do deals on season passes for DLC? I'd like to pick up the Bioshock Infinite one at a discount if possible

chronomac

Red Faction 1: early example of a linear story-based corridor shooter (ala Half Life). Defining characteristics: destructible level geometry, railgun that shoots through walls, insane (possibly dead) multiplayer due to aforementioned features.

Red Faction 2: mid xbox 1 / ps2 era linear story based corridor shooter. Defining characteristics: terribad.

Red Faction Guerilla: open world sandbox game on Mars with lots of destroyable buildings. Defining characteristics: kinda bland, but great destruction. Hammer. Ostrich Hammer. I think it is generally agreed upon that this is the best game in the series, though some still dislike it.

Red Faction Armageddon: linear corridor based shooter with destruction and reconstruction. Defining characteristics: painfully mediocre, though destruction is still neat. Magnetic rifle weapon thing. edit: Randomly has a good Descent style level near the end of the game.

Guerrilla is worth it for the pass-the-controller mode called Wrecking Crew where you take turns seeing who can wreck the most stuff. Get some beer and it's a blast.

Got a Dead Pixels-key after purchasing the F.E.A.R.-bundle on GMG. Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Just quote this message and paste the quote in the thread:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Dead Pixels -- MB-669C611264CE8433 - Taken by Kifimbo

frogg609

Thank you for this. Not really sounding like my thing. Appreciate the help.

Storm360

Just funded my Steam account to get keys to buy Rocksmith 2014, forgot that buying with a new card locks your account from the market :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom