• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM- Announcements & Updates 2011 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Zero-Crescent said:
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| My Wishlist is ready.
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| What a great de- Oh, already have it...
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Fillin' my library with Indie bundles.
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| I shall use my monster PC... for indie games!

Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Get A Backlog Expansion

cicero

LaserBuddha said:
You don't get it. He's saying they are rectifying a mistake that occurred due to a problem with their system, yet are acting like they're doing him a favor.
No, I get that. What I am saying is that the response they gave is a typical one to issues that they resolve. The apparent assumption seems to be that their response has some specific intent attached to it. I would assume it is the opposite and that it would most likely be the automatic type response attached to claims after they are "resolved" after getting pushed up the different tiers of support. This is a large organization, why not acknowledge the normal flaws that are inherent in large organizations to begin with instead of personalizing them?

coopolon

LastWindow said:
I'd like to get Divinity 2 but with SecuROM and no way to revoke (that I've found) I think I'll hold off until it's cheaper.

Ohh, I had forgotten about this. I'm glad you saw it, I would probably have bought it without looking. Yah, that definitely makes it a $10 or less purchase for me.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Man if Divinity II was 5 dollars less i would have already bought it before typing this. Now i'll ponder it over the weekend and most likely still buy it.

Sanic

Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| You don't want to go through the last couple weeks of the old Steam thread. It's scary.

iNvid02

call it whatever the fuck you like

Gabe1.jpg

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Des0lar said:
You stole mine! THAT'S MINE!!!

no really I used that joke in another thread a week ago :p
Oh okay, then I'll go with
Steam Summer Sale 2011 |OT| Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

(Probably too long)

Ledsen

TheExodu5 said:
Update on the story:

Steam has offered my friend a "one time customer service gesture" to issue him a store credit in the amount of the purchase.

They should be expected to fix their own screwed up system. They shouldn't pretend that this is some grand customer service gesture. Come on Steam.

They have to say stuff like that to discourage people trying to take advantage of the system. I've done the same.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Dr. Zoidberg said:
$3? Great price but I think he should have went with at least $5. I've played both and these are definitely worth it. Leave the firesale prices for a future daily deal.
The project to get them on ported to PC was funded completely by a KickStarter, so the price is as low as possible to reflect that.

Ledsen said:
They have to say stuff like that to discourage people trying to take advantage of the system. I've done the same.

Sorry- but which page of the thread was this from? Sounds interesting, but I can't find the post you quoted.

Edit- thank you. I was going further back and must have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom