• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 - To Next-Gen and Beyond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

I hope you guys are happy, this thread lasted 22 days.

To be fair though it has been quiet a busy month for Steam activity. Having the first GOTY awards, CES, SDD, Streaming Beta plus Rising releasing and Resident Evil 4 announced. Though we all should really start utilising other threads more (I know I'm guilty of it myself). This thread goes at a hell of a rate now.

MRORANGE

I was only mocking ;p yeah it's been a pretty busy month for Steam

Also my fault for wasting 10 or so pages with that GOTY reveal.

Nabs

Guys, anyone have any experience with customer service on Uplay? I contacted them 5 days ago about not having asscreed1 on my account when it should be here and I haven't received any responses after the initial autoresponse from their system.

They usually hit me up in a few hours.

Hasney

Running Saints Row IV in 1080p with a 2720p stream worked and looked freaking gorgeous, but it dropped the stream framerate to 30fps.

Going to try again when I'm all wired rather than WiFi next week.

MRORANGE

Running Saints Row IV in 1080p with a 2720p stream worked and looked freaking gorgeous, but it dropped the stream framerate to 30fps.

Going to try again when I'm all wired rather than WiFi next week.

Honestly Home Streaming is the best thing to come out of Steam since BPM.

Hasney

Honestly Home Streaming is the best thing to come out of Steam since BPM.

Yeah, this is amazing. Since I moved, I went into console move because of my houses big comfy sofas and my small bedroom where my PC is... But now, this has changed everything.

Just put a request into the Big Picture group as I'd only need one more thing to make the experience perfect... XBox 360 Chatpad support. That little keyboard that plugs into the controller would be the third and final gamechanger for me personally.

Dr Dogg

Yeah, this is amazing. Since I moved, I went into console move because of my houses big comfy sofas and my small bedroom where my PC is... But now, this has changed everything.

Just put a request into the Big Picture group as I'd only need one more thing to make the experience perfect... XBox 360 Chatpad support. That little keyboard that plugs into the controller would be the third and final gamechanger for me personally.

Well while you're waiting on Valve time.

https://code.google.com/p/chatpad-super-driver/wiki/GettingStarted

Steam In Home Streaming works pretty swell. Haven't tried much, but getting pretty good results so far with my macbook air streaming off my main steam machine.

Hasney

Just managed to piss one of my Steam friends off. In BPM mode while streaming, Guide+Y doesn't only bring up the stats, but if it's on the friends list, it also invites the person highlighted to a game O_O

Dr Dogg

I tell you what guys having Al Jarreau as BPM's background music is way better than I imagined.

Just when I thought there wasn't a way I could love you more!

EDIT: Aw, doesn't support wireless controllers. SO CLOSE.

Hahaha

Yeah I though I remembered you posting about having a cheap knock off Chinese wireless receiver when I posted that. I think it's to do with wired and wireless 360 pads send signals over slightly different protocols (Assassins Creed for example doesn't like wireless pads out the box). Still send Valve a link to that driver. Hopefully they might do something better.

Hasney

Yeah I though I remembered you posting about having a cheap knock off Chinese wireless receiver when I posted that. I think it's to do with wired and wireless 360 pads send signals over slightly different protocols (Assassins Creed for example doesn't like wireless pads out the box). Still send Valve a link to that driver. Hopefully they might do something better.

Yeah, DmC was the same. Had to wait for a patch for wireless controllers to be supported.

I almost wish it was never patched, then I would never have played DmC... Oh to be innocent and have never played DmC again.... Those were the days.

Tenrius

So was anybody able to get a 360 controller (I have Logitech F710, it has XInput) to work with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record? It seems to be a common issue, people recommend to use xbox360ce for whatever weird reason, but it still didn't work for me. The issue is that the game just doesn't recognize the gamepad, although I can pull up the GFWL interface with the Guide button.

MRORANGE

7zzxS70.gif

Because:

Enjoy :)

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
So was anybody able to get a 360 controller (I have Logitech F710, it has XInput) to work with Dead Rising 2: Off the Record? It seems to be a common issue, people recommend to use xbox360ce for whatever weird reason, but it still didn't work for me. The issue is that the game just doesn't recognize the gamepad, although I can pull up the GFWL interface with the Guide button.

Worked when I tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom