• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | April 2017 - Fly me to the Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anno

I wonder how much differently I'll perceive Ben and Maureens relationship now that I'm 20 years older than as a kid. I feel like there was a good bit of nuance that would've flown way over my head.

NeoRaider

It will be in HB Monthly in next few months that's for sure. Maybe even i next bundle.
I stopped playing it at 5th boss i think, something else more interesting was released that made me uninstall Furi, and i never went back to the game. It can be... frustrating, and not fun, that's all i'm gonna say.

Ozium

too many devs/pubs let themselves get wooed by console manufacturers and it ends up harming their business as a result

yet they still continue to do it

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
too many devs/pubs let themselves get wooed by console manufacturers and it ends up harming their business as a result

yet they still continue to do it

Hello inXile Entertainment. Although, it's debatable if their games were that great to begin with.

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, Furi is an exhausting game to play, I managed 3 bosses on normal after 5-6 hours, and just gave up and dropped to easy. It's simply a stressful game to play.

-MD-

Furi was fun, mildly challenging and never frustrating imo.

I thought the only thing working against it at launch was the price.

Wok

Yeah, Furi is an exhausting game to play, I managed 3 bosses on normal after 5-6 hours, and just gave up and dropped to easy. It's simply a stressful game to play.

The dev said the trick is often just to use "charged" dash or "charged" attacks. He said that while beating boss #2 live.

Also, I need to play the game again with the Japanese voices. It is just so classy with these voices.

Knurek

Hey guys, remember that 4 kB intro I mentioned a few days ago?

There's a sequel:

final_stage.20170412.1280x720.exe (party version)
- file size 4092 bytes
- at least nVidia GTX980 for keeping 20fps.

(Alternatively, there's a Youtube encode at the link above).

derFeef

I like hide-HUD options getting patched in. (The Signal From Tölva)
F9A4A36645A8341A728DAD863ABDFEE4D12783C9
2051BB371E9EBD71F55291BDD33E280D0A1F7ECF

gngf123

There's a sequel:

- file size 4092 bytes

How the fuck

Cels

currently playing deus ex MD

is it just or this game really ugly for the kind of performance you get?
i have most stuff on high, lens flares off, some lighting stuff on medium, running a GTX1070 at 1080p

and it feels like not that big a step up from deus ex HR which came out almost 6 years ago

Kiru

There's a sequel:

- file size 4092 bytes

the ending was kinda cool
whole thing reminded me a lot of playing star fox 64 back in the days...

BadAss2961

i have most stuff on high, lens flares off, some lighting stuff on medium, running a GTX1070 at 1080p

and it feels like not that big a step up from deus ex HR which came out almost 6 years ago
It has its moments.

Performance gets much better once you get in the hub areas. The couple sandstorms are terribly unoptimized.

yeab...from the game's launch the performance has been an issue

they did patches to try and improve things but I guess they only went so far and weren't really a cure-all

Elija2

Is Slime Rancher a good game? I like games like Harvest Moon and Stardew Valley, but everything I've seen of Slime Rancher makes it look kinda... meh.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Zork: Nemesis, along with other Activision classic adventures, just got a release on Steam.

This is not a super popular opinion, but I think Zork: Nemesis is probably the single best non-Cyan Worlds adventure game ever made. It is extremely difficult, extremely dark, and tonally very different than the rest of the Zork series. In addition, the UI is quite dated. But if you can get over the hurdle, it is very rewarding. If you're the kind of person who likes to take notes when they play a game, I think you'll love it. It's very near and dear to my heart.

Nzyme32

Wow, it is a remaster! ��

That's the OG one + new patch. I assume the remaster will be in the "blizzard launcher" soon enough

Zork: Nemesis, along with other Activision classic adventures, just got a release on Steam.

This is not a super popular opinion, but I think Zork: Nemesis is probably the single best non-Cyan Worlds adventure game ever made. It is extremely difficult, extremely dark, and tonally very different than the rest of the Zork series. In addition, the UI is quite dated. But if you can get over the hurdle, it is very rewarding. If you're the kind of person who likes to take notes when they play a game, I think you'll love it. It's very near and dear to my heart.

Well, that's piqued my interest. To the wishlist it goes

Knurek

What's your take on Grand Inquisitor?

Vlad

Is Full Throttle less esoteric than Grim Fandango? Think it's the one classic Lucas Arts adventure I never played
suffered through

I haven't played Grim Fandango yet, but I did play Full Throttle back when it first came out. I seem to remember it being a bit on the shorter side, but aside from one "arcadey" bit in the middle, I really liked it. It's pretty standard point-n-click stuff, but the characters and puzzles are all super memorable. The one thing that's keeping me away from buying the remaster now is that, even 20 years later, I'm pretty sure I still remember most of the solutions in the game.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What's your take on Grand Inquisitor?

Much more of a traditional Zork game (funny, lighthearted, goofy kinda British-ish humour), somewhat more modern UI, and still a good game, but much less ambitious or challenging than ZN. The last time I played it was probably 2000-2001, since I had to borrow a copy off a friend of the family, so maybe I'd think differently today.

So, Zork is kinda weird because you have sort of three groupings of games:
- The text adventures
- The graphical adventures that tried to recapture the feel of Zork (Zork GI, Return to Zork)
- Zork Nemesis

and all three kinda have different audiences. I was a little too young at the time the text adventures released to play them, although I doubled back and checked them out later. So for me probably the most emotionally and personally resonant Zork experience I had was ZN.

Much more of a traditional Zork game (funny, lighthearted, goofy kinda British-ish humour), somewhat more modern UI, and still a good game, but much less ambitious or challenging than ZN. The last time I played it was probably 2000-2001, since I had to borrow a copy off a friend of the family, so maybe I'd think differently today.

So, Zork is kinda weird because you have sort of three groupings of games:
- The text adventures
- The graphical adventures that tried to recapture the feel of Zork (Zork GI, Return to Zork)
- Zork Nemesis

and all three kinda have different audiences. I was a little too young at the time the text adventures released to play them, although I doubled back and checked them out later. So for me probably the most emotionally and personally resonant Zork experience I had was ZN.

I remember Zork III was one of my first forays into a purely text adventure (as opposed to Sierra's graphical adventures with text interfaces.) I constantly got stuck. I couldn't figure out what to do with a full length mirror. I was able to break it but had the feeling that created a failstate, kept backtracking, and never got anywhere.

Then I played the other game on the disk: The Hitchhiker's Guide text adventure. And I managed to finish that one, even getting the Babel Fish without hints. So either I was too young to "get" Zork III, or it was just plum brutal.

Annubis

The game is good, but really is VERY difficult to get into. I beat it on Normal but Normal in that game is like Very Hard in other titles, you need to learn how to play perfectly because there's no room for errors.
Plus the fact is, in my opinion, the game was overpriced at launch. A 20€ price is ok, but if I'm not wrong it was like 25 or 28€ at launch.

The moment I heard about the walking sequences, that was a giant 'nope' for me.

Endruen

The game is good, but really is VERY difficult to get into. I beat it on Normal but Normal in that game is like Very Hard in other titles, you need to learn how to play perfectly because there's no room for errors.
Plus the fact is, in my opinion, the game was overpriced at launch. A 20€ price is ok, but if I'm not wrong it was like 25 or 28€ at launch.
I really, really wanted to like it, but the bosses started going into bullshit territory and rage inducing levels so I ended up with mixed feelings. It's a shame, the combat was good.

The moment I heard about the walking sequences, that was a giant 'nope' for me.
They aren't a big deal, just auto-walk and listen to the exposition like a cutscene.

yuraya

header.jpg

Finished up Bayonetta. Took me about 12hrs.

Damn what a ride. Such a crazy ass 10 out of 10 masterpiece. Easily the best action games I played. Actually surprising to see how much depth and content the game had. The cutscenes and the music were all 5 stars. Enjoyed just about every single chapter in the game. The pacing was great and so were the characters. Cheshire was probably the weakest overall but still the stuff with him was entertaining. The game is definitely the type that needs to be replayed. I'll probably do so in the future. For now tho I'll try playing something else. Need to find something with slower tempo lol.

header.jpg

Finished up Bayonetta. Took me about 12hrs.

Damn what a ride. Such a crazy ass 10 out of 10 masterpiece. Easily the best action games I played. Actually surprising to see how much depth and content the game had. The cutscenes and the music were all 5 stars. Enjoyed just about every single chapter in the game. The pacing was great and so were the characters. Cheshire was probably the weakest overall but still the stuff with him was entertaining. The game is definitely the type that needs to be replayed. I'll probably do so in the future. For now tho I'll try playing something else. Need to find something with slower tempo lol.

I actually think the writing is rather mediocre. The pacing in the cutscenes is weird.

The game itself is awesome, though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah I beat Bayonetta 1 and 2 and I still had no idea what the story was about lol.

its incomprehensible anime gibberish, as all anime related stuff involving angels usually is.

I say that with all the love in the world btw.

Anteater

I actually think the writing is rather mediocre. The pacing in the cutscenes is weird.

The game itself is awesome, though.

yeah the cutscenes really ruin the pacing, but if you love it with the cutscenes on the first playthrough, that's great, because when you start skipping the cutscenes on a replay on higher difficulties the game is bonkers, it just keep escalating non-stop

Dinjoralo

Just looked at the latest Humble Bundle... Man, this one is pretty neh. Ice Lakes reminds me of old Wii-era shovelware, with a weirdly written description to boot. Frontier some early access thing that looks really jank, but I guess it could improve in development.

Looks like there might be new currencies coming:

* Argentine peso
* Costa Rican colon
* Uruguayan peso
* Kuwaiti dinar
* Qatar riyal
* Israeli shekel
* Belarusian ruble
* Kazakh tenge

Sadly probably all region locked, so no price glitches that are useful, I guess :p

Thanks!

Once upon a time I would have been really happy with the Argentine peso news, but I've seen the prices in the Chilean store and Valve/the publishers are robbing them blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom